Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:11 am
Could have sworn Archie was an advanced Knight....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:19 am
Cale Darksun
Could have sworn Archie was an advanced Knight....

Advanced knight = unordained Master.

Theyre basically the same thing. Just one has "authority" where the other does not. Skillwise, they are identical.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:34 am
Okay, before I go any further, Im going to explain Advanced knight as it has been traditionally stated.

Advanced Knights are Masters, but simply not called "masters". Originally, the AK was a title I had to come up with for FP and DA in LoP. As Sith Lords, I could not justify their "transition" to the jedi ways without some loss of physical power, but also their comprension of the ways. But I was not going to allow someone of their caliber to be ranked knights. So i said, advanced knights. Knights with the skills of masters, but without comprehension.

Take into account Dark Ressurrection. Ferno was an "advanced knight". Let's look at him, as I'm basising that Factions is working the same way as DR. Look at the force system in play for DR. Who can know the style of Juyo? Masters. Who can perform ulitmatium moves (drain life)? Masters. Is ferno a master? No. But he can do these things none the less.

I pleaded to create "advanced knight" as a way to have the power of "sith lord" without confusing the youngin's that I'm not a lord. In simple terms, Krayt, Wryylock, Maladi... those are Sith Lords. Nihl, Talon, Ferno... Those are sith Masters.

the difference? Ferno has no authority over the general cadre of sith. He must be given the power from the insitution to command the said troops. However, he is not a leader.

The Jedi equivalent of an "advanced knight" would be Anakin Skywalker. We all know the line "you are put on this council, but not given the title of master". I think we all understand as well that Anakin has the skills of a master. But he's considered a knight; he takes orders from the council, rather than giving them. He doesn't have the official unquestioned authority like yoda. Yoda says something to any jedi, for the most part, they do it. Qui-gon? not so much.

I mean, if we're going to turn "advanced knight" into an official measurement of power, then i suggest we reformat the force system. Otherwise, its just a way for people to be "masters" without actually claiming it.

I just dont see how someone who can use ulitmatum moves and can go toe-to-toe with an official master is not the same as a master. If someone cannot use the said moves or go toe-to-toe with a master, then they're a knight. Not this goody-goody rank of AK. "I wanna godmod, but not be a master for fear of critism" is basically what you're saying if you're an Advanced knight and you can't stand up to a Sith lord.

And until stated otherwise by the moderator of the RP (CW), that's the definition that's in play. You're either a Knight, or a master. Nothing is in the system saying there is something "in between".  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:44 am
Hmm...
well by that definition then Link's still a knight I suppose...
He doesnt consider himself a Master and hasnt learned all the tricks of the Way of the Two Dragons.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:48 am
Its not what they consider themselves as, its what they know. If they can go toe-to-toe against a lord or AK, they're AK. Otherwise, they're not.

To me, Link would go be an AK, but unlikely a master. His desire is not to be sitting on a council, but out and about. follow him or not, he doesn't care. He's just there to set things right.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:51 am
Nelowulf
Its not what they consider themselves as, its what they know. If they can go toe-to-toe against a lord or AK, they're AK. Otherwise, they're not.

To me, Link would go be an AK, but unlikely a master. His desire is not to be sitting on a council, but out and about. follow him or not, he doesn't care. He's just there to set things right.

Agreed.
Link Probably will never make Master, but he's skilled enough and strong enough to go toe to toe with Krayt's Hands.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:52 am
And I wonder how there could be enough Jedi around to possibly do a "Traditional" Jedi Knighting ceremony.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:53 am
Especially in one place...

Remember legacy comics?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:59 am
They probably don't all hang around in one place to do the traditional way. Most likely the Jedi equivalent of a Vegas wedding?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:00 am
Nelo, do you want Borill at the Battle of Abregado Rae?  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:00 am
Celestia Whitesword
They probably don't all hang around in one place to do the traditional way. Most likely the Jedi equivalent of a Vegas wedding?

For some odd reason, that seems funnier than its meant to be. Oh, and since you're commenting, read the top of the page and see if you're agreeing to the interpretation of AK.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:01 am
stellarmagic
Nelo, do you want Borill at the Battle of Abregado Rae?

Yes. You're the one leading the charge, remember? However, I'll be there bolstering your main forces with my elite ones.

Honestly, Ferno doesn't hold much power in the organization. He's like head sniper, and that's about it. I need an army to fight with, so why not yours?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:03 am
Fine with me... now to craft my Battle Strategy.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:03 am
Nelowulf
Celestia Whitesword

For some odd reason, that seems funnier than its meant to be. Oh, and since you're commenting, read the top of the page and see if you're agreeing to the interpretation of AK.

Yeah. Let's make sure I understand this: the AK is pretty much a master, but without the rank, in terms of skill and power, correct?  

AFK Masturbating

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:04 am
stellarmagic
Fine with me... now to craft my Battle Strategy.

How I see it: The plaguetroopers and jaden are "leading" the charge, but you're in command of the operation. I'm there to critique your position and provide backup should you encounter problems (like a jedi army or something).

I mean, with a batallion of troopers who are blaster resistant and can be shot numerous times before they fall, I would hope they go in first.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games