Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:06 am
Celestia Whitesword
Nelowulf
Celestia Whitesword
They probably don't all hang around in one place to do the traditional way. Most likely the Jedi equivalent of a Vegas wedding?

For some odd reason, that seems funnier than its meant to be. Oh, and since you're commenting, read the top of the page and see if you're agreeing to the interpretation of AK.

Yeah. Let's make sure I understand this: the AK is pretty much a master, but without the rank, in terms of skill and power, correct?

That's the traditional meaning. I'm asking if you're agreeing with this.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:09 am
Better yet... send them in as commandos and pathfinders while the Armored Fists of a couple Imperial Stormtrooper Regiments are deployed. The more the plaguetroopers can interfer with attempts to set up a defense and prep evacuation ships the better off we'll be when the main force hammers on their door.

Or I could just deploy a bunch of Stormcommandos for that job and have the plaguetroopers act as the spearpoint of the advance.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:13 am
Plaguetroopers are not designed for commando jobs. They're heavy infantry in a sense. Endurance troops built for storming the bases. Mostly because short of a full clip of blaster ammo point blank or a thermal detonator, they're resillient to it.

I designed them as a calvary on foot. Almost reckless abandon in battle, as they're partially uncontrollable when it comes to the parasite. They follow orders, but their best technique is rushing entrenched defenses and just push through whatever stands in their way.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:14 am
Nelowulf
Celestia Whitesword
Nelowulf
Celestia Whitesword
They probably don't all hang around in one place to do the traditional way. Most likely the Jedi equivalent of a Vegas wedding?

For some odd reason, that seems funnier than its meant to be. Oh, and since you're commenting, read the top of the page and see if you're agreeing to the interpretation of AK.

Yeah. Let's make sure I understand this: the AK is pretty much a master, but without the rank, in terms of skill and power, correct?

That's the traditional meaning. I'm asking if you're agreeing with this.

Sounds good to me. 3nodding  

AFK Masturbating

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:18 am
So you gave me tactically inept supermen... great.

Sounds like I'll have to lift some tactics from the Old (WWII) Soviet Doctrine for these guys.

If you want me to throw them at fixed defenses I'll do it... but there casualties will be enormous, they may be blaster resistant but that doesn't mean they can take a hit from a fixed blaster cannon. They're not an AT-AT.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:23 am
stellarmagic
So you gave me tactically inept supermen... great.

Sounds like I'll have to lift some tactics from the Old (WWII) Soviet Doctrine for these guys.

If you want me to throw them at fixed defenses I'll do it... but there casualties will be enormous, they may be blaster resistant but that doesn't mean they can take a hit from a fixed blaster cannon. They're not an AT-AT.

Of course not. but that's the beauty of them. Indirect hits won't phase them. If they get hit from a turret, its got to be square on. And I doubt targeting is that good.

Remember, Ferno needed soldiers, not commandos. If you want, you can also have two squads of Sith Assassins aiding you. There's your 'tactful' soldier.

Diversions are sometimes needed.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:55 am
I'm now planning on using a bunch of Storm Commandos... Slipping them onto Abregado Rae before the action starts will be easy... just have them sign on as crewman for a grain transport. cool

I'll probably use those Sith Assassins as well, maybe have them divied up between the Storm Commando teams.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:18 am
i'm still stumped as to how they can even consider getting enough Jedi to form a council just to knight one ex-padewan.

The Ineptitude of the Jedi Order just continues to astound me.

This is how Link's Knighting Ceremony went:

Hiko: Ok, kid. You've passed all the tests Ive placed before you and have mastered enough lessons to be able to survive in the galaxy. Your last task is to go find some crystals and make your own lightsaber. Here's a Sword. Have fun.

Link: ....wait, no parting words of wisdom? No final goodbye?

Hiko: You dont need me anymore, idiot. Go make your own descions. Now scram.

Link: Oro....

Hiko: And quit whining.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:21 am
And another thing: Cant Des do anything origional?
Gawd, he's even doing the Cave now!
Cripes! Isnt there another way you could devise that involves G-boy facing his fears?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:23 am
Slow down cowboy.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:23 am
Shut it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:24 am
Fair enough.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:26 pm
Nelowulf
Legacy seems to move slower than DR at times....

I'm still filled with anticipation at fighting the GLF. With two Masters on their side (one IK, one Jedi), the fight at Abregao Rae should be most interesting. Come to think of it, between Archeras and Graus, the two masters should be able to be the sole cause of the success of the evacuation. I may just have to bring Ferno out of orbit to explain why the sith succeeded..
hopefully ya'll invade after Kathleen leaves. Otherwise you have to worry about another AK, and one who can battle Meditate, as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:29 pm
I'm still wondering how she can even do that.

Especially as weak as she is. As an AK/master, she's as strong as she'll get, and even then she only ranks as strong as a knight.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:02 pm
Nelowulf
I'm still wondering how she can even do that.

Especially as weak as she is. As an AK/master, she's as strong as she'll get, and even then she only ranks as strong as a knight.
Kathleen is only a knight because her society only allows for one master, which she won't become until she learns her ma got slaughtered.

I also told Cel to up her stats more than what I had, but I don't think she did.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games