Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mist in Shadows

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:30 pm
Hello! Another newb to the guild!

I feel old too. I'm 28, will be turning 29 in April. Name is Melanie, and I live in CT. I have always had people pissed at me for trying to help them spell correctly and use proper grammar. And they get mad when you tell them they look dumb for using netspeak. I mean, I'm not saying they ARE dumb, but they look it.

Yeah, I can be kind of a pain about it, especially since sometimes in chat, I let my punctuation and capitalization go a bit. But my spelling is always good! And please, if you notice me spelling something wrong, PLEASE tell me!

One final note, by the way. DEATH to run-on sentences! And I love everyone in this guild! smile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:47 pm
Mm. Grammar. (eats a cookie that says grammar)
I'm quite glad to be a supporter of this awesome guild. I know I still have mistakes so feel free to correct me whenever you feel like it. I do ask that you don't over abuse the privilege though.

I'm am thoroughly annoyed by "1337 spk" and have had enough of actually having to look up what people say to make me almost completely against it. I type far to slowly for complete capitalization and full grammar to be efficient in/on instant messaging services though. (sighs dejectedly) Anyways, long live the grammar revolution!!!!  

Mierkai

PeacexLovexHugs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:24 pm
Finally, I can talk to people whom I can actually understand! My name is Liz, and I am an incredibly intellectual person. I hate it when people use "txt talk". Some of my favorite books are War and Peace, Pride and Prejudice, and the Harry Potter series. Okay, I have a very diverse taste in literature. Being a high schooler, I will probably make several grammatical errors. I apologize in advance.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:27 pm
*rolls in*
Hey, I'm a 14-year-old literate anime geek, but you can just call me Kuri.
I'm taking German and Japanese, so I almost have to be literate.
Um...I think that's pretty much it.  

Neon Communist

HEAR MEH MOO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:33 pm
I'm a literate female between the ages of nine and eleven. 4laugh
That's pretty much all I have to say.
(No, this did not take ages to type because of my age, I actually type something like a word every second. Age does not dictate knowledge.)  
Kibou Nikuyoku generated a random number between 1 and 1000000 ... 422011!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:46 pm
I don't know where to start, but my name is Keith(my real name). You can call me Kibou or Keith I don't care. I'm not the best in grammar, but I always try and do my best and I hope all of you can help me out with it. I get A's in english honors, but I would get a F in speech sweatdrop . I love to talk and hang out, so just send me a message asking me to be friends first saying, "Hey, I'm from your guild!" then add me to buddies. If you don't do that then I will most likely decline. I'm a gay, crazy, insane, fun-to-be-with 16 year old. Also, correct any mistake you want in this and message me, I don't mind.

See you around! blaugh

By the way I am (place number from random number) in a million.  

Kibou Nikuyoku

L'rhaine Chrystalwynd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:03 pm
Hey, y'all. I'm an eighteen-year-old girl from Georgia who, believe it or not, loves grammar. I'm actually taking a class called Advanced Composition right now, which is a writing class with grammar as its base. I enjoy role playing from time to time, as well as writing. So...yeah... That's it, I guess.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:18 pm
Hi, everyone! mrgreen

Well, I'm 13 years old and I can usually be found in the GCD (or this guild wink )  

Dragn Breth

Cyrus the Angel of Death

3,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:29 pm
I guess I should start with my name. In case it isn't obvious, my name is Cyrus, or Cy if you prefer. I loathe "netspeak", "TXT TLK", or whatever you wish to call that horrible excuse for English. I strongly agree with some of the earlier posts that said "literate is the only way to RP". The majority of my RPs are Semi-Literate, because I don't seem to attract too many literate Role-Players. One of my former computer teachers, the ever-elusive Mr. M, once told me that I had an affinity for computers, hacking, and programming. This seems to be evident in the fact that I have had a hand in programming a handful of light password cracks. These are perfectly legal programs used for resetting lost passwords. I understand that I may be missing some information, so if there is a need to fill in any blanks, please feel free to ask me.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:52 pm
Hello I am little_evil_goth, or more well known as just Goth or leg.
I found this guild and knew I needed to be here. It's one thing to have to put up with "net speak" and "txt tlk" but it's another when it starts to infect my grammer!
And noobs never take kindly to being told how to spell correctly.
Further more when in those threads it becomes impossible to type correctly without sounding like an arrogant snob.
I am not a perfect speller nor do i claim to be so ((I often make mistakes but go to the effort to correct them)) but I do love picking up new words and writting techniques.

little_evil_goth

Squishies`

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:08 pm
Well I am new, so I will introduce myself, I'm 15 and I despise illiteracy just because we all were taught how to write properly. gonk So why not use that knowledge?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:40 pm
Hi! I am a new member to the guild and I am very happy to be here. I am 21 and attending college at Lamar University as a Music Major. I aspire to be a band director.

Nice to meet you all whosoever I shall meet!
Love Zoe heart

Zoe green eyes

4,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Asami xFuzzyAngelx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:09 pm
I guess I should start with my name...

Well, you can call me Asami or Fuzzy. If you come up with another name, you could use that I guess... I love anime! And.. reading fan-fiction and attempting to write some of my own (doesn't always work out). I'm going to attempt to become a fashion designer. I'm always cutting up and changing my shirts, designing random outfits, and making something, say a pair of jeans, into something else, like a skirt. So, that's something I'd really like to do.

So, my grammer isn't all the great, and my spelling probably isn't much better, but I really really do hate it when people use "txt tlk" and what not when in a RP. It doesn't take that much longer to type out the word, seriously. Bugs me a great deal too when I see it in e-mails. You think people would be a little more grammatical when typing those things, but apparently people aren't.

I might talk funny sometimes, and add random stuff to the end of my words, but trust me, I know it's not the right grammer. I put it there cause it's what I do, so if you don't like it deal with it, cause it ain't changing anytime soon. (Yes I realize 'ain't' doesn't actually exsist as a real word, I just use it for the hell of it.)

I'm not one to type out long posts, don't question why either, it just happens...

I think I should stop now... This actually turned out longer then I thought it would.

Add me, message me, love me. xD If you want to get to know me, you know how now. (Hey! I rhymed!)

Oh, right. If you're good at drawing, and take requests, I'd love it if you sent me a message saying you can.

Asami-chan. (Fuzzy)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:14 pm
Hi there. I just joined, so I am here to introduce myself. My name is Megan, and I am 22 years old. I reside in Alberta, Canada. I always try my best to use proper grammer, and the proper punctuations. I sometimes make mistakes... but hey, I'm only human... right? biggrin
When I speak with friends on MSN, this is how I type. My friends make fun of me a little bit, but that's fine. I enjoy being literate. I used to enjoy writing, but I haven't done so in quite a while. On a good day, I can type 50wpm. Mostly on MSN biggrin
I love to read. I am currently trying to get through Hitler's "Mein Kampf", but I'm having difficulties with it. I sort of feel like I'm trying to read a history text book, though I really do want to finish it, for my own historical purposes. I usually read Stephen King, because I like being scared by the images he paints in my mind. My favorite book is "The Catcher in the Rye". When I was an angst-ridden teenager, I felt as though I identified with Holden Caulfield. Anyway, I feel like I'm blabbering, so I'll just end this introduction by saying that I am very glad to be a part of this guild, and I will try my best to be an active member. biggrin

Zura Lasgeon

hippiepoet1964

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:22 pm
Hmmmm I thought I already posted here, but couldn't find it so...here I am. I am 42 (but refuse to fall for that growing up kind of stuff). biggrin I'm very happily married to my soulmate. We have two beautiful children. Ages 10 and 4. I practised as a nurse for over 20 years, but now I stay at home and homeschool my children. I love it. I love to read, and have written poetry since the age of 10. I would call myself a hippy and a deadhead. mrgreen I feel it a pleasure to be part of this guild; I'm learning a lot.
Peace to all,
Laura

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games