Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What type of goth are you? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what kind of goth?
  punk goth
  hippie goth
  skatergoth
  gothy goth
  i'm not goth
  GOLD LOVING GOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

Lady Pureblood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:12 pm
Labels are a simple crucial fact in high school life. you have your quote "Goths", "nerds","Jocks","punks", "preps", etc....
With out it most normal people wouldn't know what to do with our differences.

If i were in a label I'd say i would be a mix of Romantic goth, Mopey Goth, and Punk/Perky goth.

biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:50 am
pirate hmmm i hate labeling myself.. visit my blog.. url on my profile page then.. razz  

xXbandagedkneeXx

7,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100

Happy Cha0s

Dapper Trickster

19,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:12 pm
im bloody ******** evil thats all you need to know twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:26 pm
Is there such a thing as a nerd/Christian goth?

If there is, then I am that.

Thinking about it more and more, I am not sure if I am a goth really. I just seemed to be most likely goth so I went with it. Great now I am questioning my own existence again. I will have to get back to you on the goth thing.

Until then, I am a Gamer goth.....I think.  

Death Sharpie

Misa-Amane-the-Good-Girl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:00 pm
skullcrushergurl
what type of goth would you say you are?

ill tell you im punk goth i guess cuz i lesten to heavy metal and death metal like otep, slipknot, lamb of god and other bands like that  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:02 pm
to tell you the truth i think whe can get along quite nicley  

Misa-Amane-the-Good-Girl

NokomisSnape

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:47 pm
Didn't you know? Hippie goths are those people in black tie-dyed shirts, black peasant skirts, black sandals and black flowers in their hair.....
lol

My ex boyfriend was a hippie and he wanted me to be one too, but I'm goth...so um yeah, that was as hippie as I went for him...yes, I actually wore that once.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:58 pm
Misa-Amane-the-Good-Girl
skullcrushergurl
what type of goth would you say you are?

ill tell you im punk goth i guess cuz i lesten to heavy metal and death metal like otep, slipknot, lamb of god and other bands like that

rolleyes that stuff really has nothing to do with punk, goth, or gothic punk

try some 45 grave, UK decay, Christan Death(with Rozz), Scarlets Remains, Eat your Make up, T.S.O.L., Komunity FK, Sex Gang Children, and Voodoo Church if you want punk goth.

if you like bands like HIM, Cradle Of Filth, or Type O Negative you may like 2ed generation goth like the Sisters of mercy, The Daughters of Bristol, Ex-Voto, The Ghost of Lemora, The Merry Thoughts, and Fields of the Nephilim  

AEtherclaw

The War on Indifference

Durem Raider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:46 pm
I don't really see what the big mental block is about hippie goths. From what I've observed, for better or worse, Goths are very political and know a lot about the political world. We're very certain about our beliefs, stemming from the fact that we're not sheeple by any stretch of the imagination and put a lot of thought into them. Plus, the only goths that follow mainstream anything are considered posers and not real goths by default.
I've seen everything from hyper-liberal goths to facist goths and everything in-between. A hippie goth would be the type of goth that takes their politics to the extreme.
It's seldom seen a more extreme politicaloid than a hippie, after all. mrgreen

that, or I'm rambling. I tend to do that a lot in this guild, it seems. >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:35 am
Sin_through_Existence
I don't really see what the big mental block is about hippie goths. From what I've observed, for better or worse, Goths are very political and know a lot about the political world. We're very certain about our beliefs, stemming from the fact that we're not sheeple by any stretch of the imagination and put a lot of thought into them. Plus, the only goths that follow mainstream anything are considered posers and not real goths by default.
I've seen everything from hyper-liberal goths to facist goths and everything in-between. A hippie goth would be the type of goth that takes their politics to the extreme.

Interest in politics sounds a little more punk than goth to me, but they're fairly closely related and I'm hardly an expert.
Of course, when I see the phrase "hippie goth", the image that comes to my mind is the thirty-something women who I keep seeing at pagan fairs.
Long broomstick skirts, usually in black, with a shawl or halter or something with some sort of "magickal" signifgance, and enough silver jewelry so that if they got tried as a witch and thrown in a lake, they would not float.
They've also started wearing these huge, sparkley yarn falls which I'd probably have more respect for if I did not encounter them directly after visiting London and seeing beautiful braided cloth falls on cybergoths.
Often seen wearing makeup that would have looked great on them ten years ago.

If this what we're talking about?

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Julien_Isfange

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:45 am
Oh wow... what 'type' am I... no exact type to be had. either you are yourself or you're not... I vote for the former  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:51 am
The Goth Apple
Sin_through_Existence

Interest in politics sounds a little more punk than goth to me, but they're fairly closely related and I'm hardly an expert.
Of course, when I see the phrase "hippie goth", the image that comes to my mind is the thirty-something women who I keep seeing at pagan fairs.
Long broomstick skirts, usually in black, with a shawl or halter or something with some sort of "magickal" signifgance, and enough silver jewelry so that if they got tried as a witch and thrown in a lake, they would not float.
They've also started wearing these huge, sparkley yarn falls which I'd probably have more respect for if I did not encounter them directly after visiting London and seeing beautiful braided cloth falls on cybergoths.
Often seen wearing makeup that would have looked great on them ten years ago.

If this what we're talking about?

lol, I always see these types when I got to Ren fair in the summer xD

actually, i think i'd quite like a black tye-dye shirt .____.  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:57 am
i made some gray tie-dye in an old microwave using black Rit dye, came out really interesting on sweat pants.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:17 am
I dont really wear sweat pants when im feeling cozy i like to wear boy's boxers <3 soooo cozy! it's crazy!  

sushi bomb

JTHMFrAeK-Ghoat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:36 pm
Weird goth over here. : D Hoo-ah!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items