Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:56 am
User Image

ʻHer bone structure screamsʼ

ʻTouch her! Touch her!ʼ

ʻAnd she's got the curse of curvesʼ

Katariina smiled to those around her with no reply. Well she remembered them being a bit stuff when she was a student but still. Just as she looked to the side she noticed a man looking at her."Oh Hello! Are you having a good time? Slytherin am I right? You have that dark and broody look. I'm well, Gryffindor of course. When I was a student you would have hated me on principle am I right? Though I do hope you are past that now. OH I'm Kat by the way and you are?" She excitedly rambled through. She really hoped to make some new friends, This was the only place that she was at long enough to make any.

ʻI want someone provocative and talkativeʼ

ʻBut it's so hard when you're shallow as a showerʼ

ʻAnd from what I've heard with skin you'll winʼ

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:58 pm
User Image
Professor Ewan Faing
Flying Instructor ≎ Quidditch Referee

User Image

Thinking About::≾Let's see what this batch of first years gives us≿
Who I'm With::≾The other professors≿

The voice brought Ewan's attention unwillingly back to the side as his gaze swept tentatively back to the blonde woman a few seats down. Inari had taken a student outside the Great Hall and had yet to return, so he had no plausible reason to disregard the woman's inquisitory attempt at conversation. Sighing light enough that only he could hear, he turned to face her fully. "Ewan. Pleasure. And you are correct in your assumptions, though hate is a strong word and I only did so to follow suit of the expectations of my house. As far as having a good time, I suppose I am." He wanted to end the conversation there though he knew, or assumed rather, that Kat would come up with another string of questions in which he would undoubtedly have to answer seeing as how Inari seemed to be taking her sweet time. In this assumption, and out of not wanting to follow through with it, he decided to ask her a question instead. "You're new this year, correct? What are you teaching?" He waited for her response, his eyes darting inconspicuously between the woman and the door to the Great Hall.

User Image

Rechosia

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:56 am
User Image

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖘 𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖋𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖔𝖗

The static wonder and excitement each young stood encompassed as they ventured beneath the sorting hat had been a lost cause upon the flowing young maiden situated in silence. Her eyes of livid hazel spheres darted between the professors at either side, and all along those she could view from where she sat pristinely. The male professor seated directly beside her held a curious and gentle visage, eyes brimming and teeth gleaming into a grin at the students who sat in the spotlight and rushed to their houses, his hands clapped after each, though, one house in particular seemed to encompass a bit more favoritism than the rest.
”Excusez-moi,” Sable began politely, her French tongue rolling in the delight of her accent. ”You are one of ze new professor’s too, oui?

“I am ze new Charms professor, Sable Monroe, you were a student here, were you not?”
The French accent had every 'r' stressed with a faint and rough growl as she spoke calmly.

User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:13 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

A deft and heavy hand worn with callouses and scars unaccustomed to most men of highborn luxuries rose to envelop the hand of Sillia Rosier within his own for a brief and firm handshake, that carefree and reckless smile stretched on for miles. ”Ah, glad to hear it, gives me hope for a better outcome of students this year.” The playful ambiance bounced off of the atmosphere, feeding itself like an open fire to the oxygen.

”Ah, si, but the pleasure is all mine.” He finished, slipping his hand back down to his plate to seize the goblet of wine he had. ”We have a few positions opened this year,” he began curiously, the object of this statement still only barely clad in mystery.

”Let me guess, you're... history of magic-? No- no, hmm..

“Aye, yo sé, you’ve got to be la new transfiguration professor, no?”
He inquired with a dastardly grin, due to the sheer fact that, he had already known who would be the new additions to the staff this year, due to the renovations of the all of the course syllabuses.

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:13 pm
User Image
☽═━┈━┈━═☾
Anyanka Swan

Headmistress
☽═━┈━┈━═☾

It was the end of another year and another End of the Year feast. Anya was sitting at the Staff Table and looking out at the graduating seventh years with a smile. Her eyes brushed over each group at their House Table. Finally, she rose from her seat and moved over the the podium. The owl at the podium spread its wings and ushered silence from the gathered students and staff. She cleared her throat lightly. "Welcome students and staff to this End of Year feast. Our first order of business is to award the House Cup for this year." She paused, waiting for the applause and the hollering to quiet down. "The competition between the Houses was a tight race, but in the end, we have one clear winner. The winner of this year's House Cup is Ravenclaw." She smiled and clapped, turning her gaze to her own house. She raised her hands to silence the groups of students. "Settle down students. Together we have reached the end of another year. We congratulate the students who graduate this year and wish you a successful life outside of Hogwarts. To the rest of you, we will see you again next year. Enjoy the feast!" She raised her hands and the food appeared on the tables.

⇨{Out of Character}⇦

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:21 pm
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Been a long time since I saw a Sorting, Kendrick thought to himself, taking a place at the staff table. Even if he wouldn't be teaching any of the newcomers just yet, he figured that the start of year feast was a good place to start his teaching career.

Looking down at the line of first years and the tattered old hat, he smiled, remembering his own sorting, so many years ago. He'd Hatstalled between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, but Ravenclaw had won out. Kendrick cast a serious glance down at the incoming students, brow furrowed.

Sort well, kids. The hat's never wrong, he thought.

He looked around the staff table, seeing if he was able to recognize someone. Nope, nothing doing... He had a mind for facts, not faces. But soon enough, he supposed, he'd get to know the professors as well as the students. Provided he didn't scare his potential ones off.

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:11 pm
User Image

Grayson scanned the room at large as he walked to the staff table. He was actually surprised, as he was sure that he'd missed the sorting. He had, of course been absorbed in a rather fascinating book regarding recent translations of older texts from Egypt and what they signified as far as history was concerned. Taking a seat, he blinked as he realized that he'd actually just gotten in when the sorting had commenced. "Um, I haven't missed anything, have I?" he said quietly.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:25 am
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

"Hm? Oh. No, you're just in time," Kendrick said to the newcomer. Kendrick didn't recognize him.

"So, um... busy in your department?" Kendrick asked, in a not-so-subtle attempt to figure out who the newcomer was. "I've been working nights just to get ready for term."

In the back of his mind, Kendrick wondered whether or not it was normal to put so much effort into a course. Then again, he supposed, it was tougher on newer teachers. After this year, once he'd gotten the hang of coming to Hogwarts as a professor rather than a student... He sighed. It would ultimately get easier.

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:58 am
User Image
WHERE am I? Sorting ceremony HOW am I feeling? Nervous & out of place WHO am I with? The witches & wizards of Hogwarts
User Image
Sporting a pair of faded old jeans and a casual green button-down shirt, Aiden worked his way into the Great Hall. His deep, emerald green eyes flashed to his heels, pulling him up short when the spot Harley usually inhabited was empty. The man let out one long, flat whistle, which quickly got lost in the crowds of chattering students as they filed into the ceremony—exactly what had happened to Harley.

Immediately, a few muffled yelps and raised voices made it easy to pin-point his target, and just a few short seconds later, a full-grown gray wolf—agiley winding its muscular body through dozens of legs—appeared on the other side of the wall of bodies. Aiden smiled and rolled his eyes as Harley came trotting up, his tongue hanging lazily to one side, almost as if he had simply spotted an old friend and felt inclined to do a bit of catching up.

"Oh, no, no! Don't worry, he's absolutely harmless," Aiden ensured the children who were now throwing him crazed glances at his choice in friend, and pieces of Ireland wound themselves in and out of each word. This is gonna be a long year, he thought to himself with a sigh as he turned back towards the staff table and continued his march of doom.

Not only had his attempt to greet the students as they entered the castle—to introduce himself as the school's new caretaker—utterly failed, but he also felt overwhelmingly out of place in his plain, muggle clothes. Even after fives years back in the wizarding world—five long years of working with his grandfather in Hogsmeade, he was still not accustomed to dressing in robes and cloaks. Judging by the long line of professors boasting such an ensemble at the staff table, however, it appeared that—if he wanted to fit in, anyhow—a trip to Gladrags was much overdo.

Finally reaching the staff table, Aiden slowly strode along its lengths, eventually finding an open seat and slickly sliding into it, hoping not to have attracted much attention.
"Lay down, Harley, Don't make a show of y'erself, now," he whispered downward in a feathery Irish lilt, sighing in relief as his pet obeyed, curling up inconspicuously at his feet beneath the table.

Normally, he was a rather outgoing man, but it being his first official day on the job, in an atmosphere he only merely remembered from back in his own school days, surrounded by an array of well-dressed, well-mannered wizards, the ex-Gryffindor felt uncharacteristically inclined to stay out of the limelight—for once in his life.

User Image
“Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and others have greatness thrust upon them.”

- William Shakespeare
User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:57 am
User Image

Former Ravenclaw

Grayson nearly jumped as the man beside him spoke. "Wow, I didn't realize I said that out loud. I'm just usually stuck in the last several millenia."

He shook his head to the man's question. "Actually, just got everything together for classes. I honestly can't wait. I mean, history's the stuff I absolutely love, and to get to discuss it with others?" He stopped suddenly. "You probably don't want me to get into it. I was told when I applied that it should wait until classes."

It hadn't been that long ago that he himself had graduated, and being back reminded him of his own times at school. It was too bad that his favorite teacher was no longer there, since Grayson would have loved to pick Binn's mind about history.  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:23 pm
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick laughed, relaxing. "Another new professor! Same with me. Sorry, that was a bit of a loaded question. And don't worry. I may not be a history buff, but I did love learning it."

He inclined his head towards the history professor. "Kendrick Gavin, Wizard Law professor. I'll be starting this year, too. It'll be fun, I think. Seems like there are still a lot of bright minds at this school."

Kendrick thought back to his own time at Hogwarts. Truth be told, he missed the place, with all its secrets and uncertainties. Every class was different, and not knowing what to expect was part of what made it fun.

"History of Magic, then?" Kendrick guessed. "Do you have any idea what happened to Professor Binns? He was teaching back when I was a kid, I thought he'd never give it up."

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:12 pm
User Image

Former Ravenclaw

Grayson chuckled, relaxing himself. It had really been too long since he'd stepped out into the rest of the school, and just grabbing a bite to eat here and there while he worked didn't count. "Nah, I wouldn't worry about it. I tend to go off into the subject if someone doesn't stop me first."

He then extended his hand. "Grayson Powell, and yes, I am the new professor for History of Magic. I've been writing up stuff like crazy since I got the job, though hopefully I don't have too many problems. I know all of it, anyway, and even some more obscure stuff to boot. Why, just before I came to the feast I was absorbed in this translation of some tablets that had recently been discovered detailing several possible magical rulers of Egypt. It's not for sure yet, but apparently some wizards had quite a bit of clout back then." He suddenly stopped again and looked a bit sheepish, scratching the back of his head. "I'm doing it again..."

Nodding along to Kendrick's observation, Grayson shrugged. "To be quite honest, I don't know what happened to Professor Binns. I loved his class, and it didn't seem to me like he'd pass on any time soon. Maybe I was wrong..."  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:32 pm
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick shook Powell's hand. "Good man. We need devoted teachers that care about their subjects. That's how kids learn best."

He nodded down at the first years. "Think you might have your hands full with these ones, Professor Powell?" he asked, watching the excitable first years, all queued up for the Sorting Hat.

Secretly, Kendrick was grateful that he didn't have to teach the newest students in the school. He felt that law was best learned once the mind had had time to adjust to something new, once the kids matured.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:10 pm
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas sat at his seat at the Staff table, watching the entering first years. He smiled as he wondered who would join his own house, the noble Slytherin House. "I think this year may be quite interesting." he commented as he looked at the students. Those two seem rather chatty he thought as he looked over at the two professors.

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:24 pm
That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there
And I know the way I left wasn't fair

I didn't want to be around just to bring you down

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

As Remington Jagger Nott reentered the illustrious doors of the medieval castle during the late, late hours of the pitch black and dead of night, not a soul had been around to receive him. He had taken his time, a precocious persistence, snaking through fog deep below in the stagnant, chilly dungeons journeying far below Scottish soil. As he travelled, he met the portraits of the young and old, and each and everyone seemed more than willing to divulge in the current affairs of the school.

And, my, were they intriguing.

But several days had passed since then, along with several unannounced visits to Hogsmeade shops and their owners, and now it was time for the doors to be open to the young witches and wizards of the time. He was in no rush, and as it were, arrived through the grand double doors of the Great Hall in a whispering lull—only a small fraction of the hustle and bustle from the students arriving to the four tables of each house. He hurried in between, seemingly gliding on air, regal, and proud.

Even now, within the safety of the castle’s stone walls, Remington still donned the simplistic, and yet, ostentatious dueling robes. A heavy, golden plated and enchanted armor guarded his neck, shoulders, and torso, and is barely hidden by an earthen travelling robes embellished with gold, and silver, and all the while, emblazoned with the proud sigil of the House of Nott.

Gliding towards a seat at the staff table, Remington’s eyes wrought of glittering golden gems and mossy green gyrated to absorb any, and everything he could. As he collapsed down with callous ease into his seat, he tossed a curious look over to a voice he had heard billowing by in a wisp. The source was of a blond male, attentive, and rigid. "Why, has there ever been such a thing as a dull year at Hogwarts?"

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

I'm not a hero but don't think I didn't care

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games