Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:58 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Yeah, you'll have to explain how saves and AC work in your system again. Is the AC like a target DC for hitting with an attack? (that's what I assumed.

to here is a test combat
dude- only knows fireball
guy- only knows sunbeam

dude(s15), roll 3, with mod 6, no DMG
guy(s15), roll 18, with mod 19, dude takes 3 DMG

dude(s12), roll 8, with mod 11, no DMG
guy(s15) roll 12, with mod 13, dude takes 3 DMG

dude(s9), roll 20, with mod 23, guy takes 4 DMG
guy(s11), roll 10, with mod 11, dude takes 3 DMG

dude(s6), roll 11, with mod 14, guy takes 4 DMG
guy(s7), roll 4, with mod 5, no DMG

dude(s6), roll 20, with mod 23, guy takes 4 DMG
guy(s3), roll 5, with mod 6, dude takes 3 DMG

dude(s3), roll 12, with mod 15, guy takes 4 DMG
guy(s-1) dead

hope this example helps(yeah 20 does nothing as of now(might make a custom status ailment for that))

Nope. Not a clue. Start with who rolled first to determine what? And how do you determine the mod?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:06 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44

to here is a test combat
guy- only knows sunbeam

guy(s-1) dead

hope this example helps(yeah 20 does nothing as of now(might make a custom status ailment for that))

Nope. Not a clue. Start with who rolled first to determine what? And how do you determine the mod?

they where bolth just spamming the spells listed(the mod comes from what spell was used), and the turn order was just a thing, no reason for it  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44

to here is a test combat
guy- only knows sunbeam

guy(s-1) dead

they where bolth just spamming the spells listed(the mod comes from what spell was used), and the turn order was just a thing, no reason for it

*staaare*
(Yup, nope. Still not seeing it. Guess I don't really need to understand, but...)

Also, apparently, I may have a poltergeist:
flutflut
Name: mr ghost (working title)
sex: male
Personality Type: whatever is annoying
Height: unknown. appears to be tall but is often seen floating...
Weight: 0lbs
Eyes: ...blue? green? (i really didn't pay close enough attention to see)
Hair: blonde (dark blonde)
Race: used to be human, i think... does ghost count?
Occupation: Guy who decides to join in and say random stuff and disappear just as fast. comic relief?

Racial Abilities:
  • Cannot get hit.
  • Cannot hit others.
  • Can sometimes be seen on camera.
  • Immune to Status Ailments.
  • Disappear at will.

Magical Attributes: none

Resistances: all

Magic Powers/Abilities:
  • can interact with minor electronics and throw objects across the room. still can't do damage, though. It's more to distract or get attention.

Misc.: Basically, this guy just shows up whenever he wants and disappears just as fast. his hair looks like that journalist/ jeweler from ffxv (can't remember his name). often wears a vest with a diamond pattern on it. he's my way of jumping in and saying random things if the mood arises.

flutflut says it's just for fun so that she can appear (or "check in" ), say something random, and then then leave. The ghost-thing can't really do anything but randomly annoy people, and the only way I can think of to even explain it's existence is to say that it followed Terran home one day. (which would likely loath, har har. neutral )
She says he probably wont even show up at all.

Thoughts? Cool? Cringe?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:50 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44

to here is a test combat
guy- only knows sunbeam

guy(s-1) dead

*staaare*
(Yup, nope. Still not seeing it. Guess I don't really need to understand, but...)

I can probably explain it better later(the beta team is almost about to run their first game!!!)
Haru Yates

flutflut
Occupation: Guy who decides to join in and say random stuff and disappear just as fast. comic relief?

Racial Abilities:
  • Cannot get hit.
  • Cannot hit others.
  • Disappear at will.

Magic Powers/Abilities:
  • can interact with minor electronics and throw objects across the room. still can't do damage, though. It's more to distract or get attention.

Misc.: Basically, this guy just shows up whenever he wants and disappears just as fast. his hair looks like that journalist/ jeweler from ffxv (can't remember his name). often wears a vest with a diamond pattern on it. he's my way of jumping in and saying random things if the mood arises.

flutflut says it's just for fun so that she can appear (or "check in" ), say something random, and then then leave. The ghost-thing can't really do anything but randomly annoy people, and the only way I can think of to even explain it's existence is to say that it followed Terran home one day. (which would likely loath, har har. neutral )

Thoughts? Cool? Cringe?

flutflut

If they want a way of interacting with the RP without being in it I have a much better roll for them, but if not this is fine(@flutflut PM me if you are interested)  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:01 pm
Xa44
I can probably explain it better later(the beta team is almost about to run their first game!!!)

Cool! Let me know what they think of it! wink

Xa44
Haru Yates

flutflut

Racial Abilities:
  • Cannot get hit.
  • Cannot hit others.
  • Disappear at will.

Magic Powers/Abilities:

Thoughts? Cool? Cringe?

flutflut

If they want a way of interacting with the RP without being in it I have a much better roll for them, but if not this is fine(@flutflut PM me if you are interested)

I'll let her know. cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:13 pm
Haru Yates

They already love everything that is there, and kinda are iffy about that parts that are not existing  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:38 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

They already love everything that is there, and kinda are iffy about that parts that are not existing

Such as? (you mean like stats or skill checks?)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:54 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

EXP, some spell effects, and... yeah not that much(actually have been making a lot of progress in the past few days)

My todo list
Races

Shields

Encounter list

Exhaustion

Spells  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:27 am
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

EXP, some spell effects, and... yeah not that much(actually have been making a lot of progress in the past few days)

My todo list
Races

Shields

Encounter list

Exhaustion

Spells

I'm surprised that you plan to incorporate exhaustion, lol. (Honestly didn't expect that, but sounds cool! Forces us to pace ourselves and take care of our characters.)

As for races, I'm hoping that half-vampires/dhampirs are really really rare. (Otherwise, Terran's being considered "cursed" [his red eyes being the most obvious clue] kinda makes less sense...)
Do you plan to include racial traits or abilities and stuff?

One more thing: You were testing the battle system specifically, right? Do you plan on doing any kind of test for social encounters? (such as bluffing or negotiations? or are those things considered diceless and depending on how well we roleplay or how persuasive our characters arguments are?)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:29 pm
Haru Yates

As for races, I'm hoping that half-vampires/dhampirs are really really rare. (Otherwise, Terran's being considered "cursed" [his red eyes being the most obvious clue] kinda makes less sense...)

One more thing: You were testing the battle system specifically, right? Do you plan on doing any kind of test for social encounters? (such as bluffing or negotiations? or are those things considered diceless and depending on how well we roleplay or how persuasive our characters arguments are?)

I actually wilk not include vamp as a race, the way I feel like this would work best is if he (functionality) is a half-demon that has a small homebrew twist

My idea for it would be like
- gain 3 charges every time you consume blood, you may use a charg to use the half demon skill

I am not the GM for the beta, so idk, there will be social encounters but idk to what LV

Here is the race list

Elf
-Learn 1 random spell from a chosen element(you can't learn legendary spells from this)

Human
-once per day heal yourself an amount equal to how many people are in your party(this ability will always heal at least 1)

Half-Angel
-As a reaction you may jump up to 10 meters, this ability can't be used in response to anything

Half-Demon
-once per day deal high DMG to a target in range  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:38 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

I actually wilk not include vamp as a race, the way I feel like this would work best is if he (functionality) is a half-demon that has a small homebrew twist

- gain 3 charges every time you consume blood, you may use a charg to use the half demon skill

I am not the GM for the beta, so idk, there will be social encounters but idk to what LV

Here is the race list

Elf
-Learn 1 random spell from a chosen element(you can't learn legendary spells from this)

Human
-once per day heal yourself an amount equal to how many people are in your party(this ability will always heal at least 1)

Half-Angel
-As a reaction you may jump up to 10 meters, this ability can't be used in response to anything

Half-Demon

Sounds cool! Terran does get cravings for blood, (some worse than others), but he is ultimately against drinking it though. And he's pretty stubborn about things like that, so I'm honestly not sure if he'll ever actually drink any... unless he's desperate. *thinking, evil pyramid of contemplation* There are ways to make that happen. *dark evil laugh*
Would 3 charges allow him to use the half-demon ability 3 times in one day?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:58 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

Here is the race list

Elf

Human

Half-Angel

Half-Demon

Sounds cool! Terran does get cravings for blood, (some worse than others), but he is ultimately against drinking it though. And he's pretty stubborn about things like that, so I'm honestly not sure if he'll ever actually drink any... unless he's desperate. *thinking, evil pyramid of contemplation* There are ways to make that happen. *dark evil laugh*

Yes, the idea is that you are trading off consistency for power  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:05 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

Here is the race list

Elf

Human

Half-Angel

Half-Demon

Yes, the idea is that you are trading off consistency for power

Eh? Oh, I think I get it now. You're playing off the fact that Terran won't willingly drink it? Clever~ (I don't plan on breaking character, so no worries.)

Speaking of which, I was thinking of making Terran carry a flask instead of a bottle. Lighter to carry, hides its contents, and doesn't make him look like a drunk so much.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:13 pm
Haru Yates

Eh? Oh, I think I get it now. You're playing off the fact that Terran won't willingly drink it? Clever~ (I don't plan on breaking character, so no worries.)

Speaking of which, I was thinking of making Terran carry a flask instead of a bottle. Lighter to carry, hides its contents, and doesn't make him look like a drunk so much.

yeah, because if not vamp would just be a murder hobo race(thats why it is't an official thing), also this way you can have more interesting moments because that is a really strong ability

so instead of carrying a container for liquids he holds a container for liquids.
idk what response you want :p  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:30 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

yeah, because if not vamp would just be a murder hobo race(thats why it is't an official thing), also this way you can have more interesting moments because that is a really strong ability

so instead of carrying a container for liquids he holds a container for liquids.
idk what response you want :p

The main difference is the size. (flask=usually 250ml, bottle=usually 750ml [I think/according to research.]) I just want to make the GM aware of what Terran will be carrying. ...He may have to fill up a flask a bit more often though. If you think the bottle would be better, then let me know.
*Apparently, they do make flasks larger than the 8oz ones, so the actual size is not tbd. (no bigger than 500ml, though.)

As for the race, the demon thing works. (If you ever read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, the origins of vampires is related to a demonic spirit. Lestat ftw.)  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff