Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelsanctus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:35 pm
Hi!

Nightlight...
Are you talking about the Orochimaru with the white spiky hair? I'm fairly positive that is the body of Kimimaro? I don't know, I know he died but I think the body was still used to save Orochimaru for those 3 years? I really am not sure. I doubt it is white fang, because he's been dead for a long time... don't the bodies need to be somewhat 'fresh' to be used?

Koreachess...

I'm not trying to argue with you, just making it clear. Thanks for the long rant, I'm glad someone is really thinking into this. =3 I'm just not sure that Naruto is up to the level of Ero-sennin in the emotional and mental aspects. Kakashi is strong because he is able to know when it is right to attack, etc. What I mean, is that Naruto lost to Sasuke in their meeting after the chase of the Sound-nin because he was too emotional to fight Sasuke, holding back his power. I'm not one of those people who really think you have to be an emotionless killing machine to be powerful (like Itachi thinks), but I do agree that Naruto's bravery and determination basically make up for that. That is true that Sakura and Naruto had to hold back some when fighting Kakashi, but don't you think he was holding a little back too? He can't kill his pupils either. But now you pose the question, who will win in the second showdown of Naruto and Sasuke? Naruto has the determination to bring back Sasuke because of the promise, but Sasuke's unwavering determination to be powerful and beat Itachi is just as strong. And let's look at it this way. When Naruto was fighting Tsunade the first time they met, Naruto lost horribly twice. That just goes to show the gap between the Sennin and Naruto. Although, I'm not sure about Naruto's new abilities, that has yet to be foreseen.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:29 pm
Hey I have seen ep 1-67 and I ordered ep 1-121 on dvd today

When does garra show his true colors? domokun  

Virtual Plaguee

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

angelsanctus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:49 pm
Hi!

xXSanitys ShadowXx
Hey I have seen ep 1-67 and I ordered ep 1-121 on dvd today

When does garra show his true colors? domokun

I'm not sure what you mean Sanitys Shadow... do you mean...
when he shows the demon inside of him? <-- spoiler?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:54 pm
I wasn't sure where to put this so I'm putting it here. The Naruto Anime has been liscenced! For real this time! It's been bought by ShoPro, which recently merged with Viz. To be honest about this I'd have to say that I'm terrified! ShoPro did Hamtaro for God's sake! What does every one this about this?  

Vermillion Spiral

angelsanctus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:51 pm
Hi!

Yes... I'm terrified. A little known company that's done Hamtaro and Sonic X... kiddy anime. (Don't get me wrong, Sonic X is one of my favourite! Just the dubbing is... not the best) PLUS they're showing it on Toonami! This is the worst case scenario! (I feel like Shikamaru saying that). (T crying T) Seriously, I'm extremely scared.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:26 pm
angelsanctus
Hi!

Nightlight...
Are you talking about the Orochimaru with the white spiky hair? I'm fairly positive that is the body of Kimimaro? I don't know, I know he died but I think the body was still used to save Orochimaru for those 3 years? I really am not sure. I doubt it is white fang, because he's been dead for a long time... don't the bodies need to be somewhat 'fresh' to be used?
i was pretty sure that kimimarou's hair is long... and with orochimaru's previous body having long hair as well, i don't see why he'd change it so drastically. actually, now that i think about it, that body may be the body of that one prisoner that kabuto let live... i can't believe i let my imagination run away like that... sweatdrop  

nightlight

Vermillion Spiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:40 pm
angelsanctus
Hi!

Yes... I'm terrified. A little known company that's done Hamtaro and Sonic X... kiddy anime. (Don't get me wrong, Sonic X is one of my favourite! Just the dubbing is... not the best) PLUS they're showing it on Toonami! This is the worst case scenario! (I feel like Shikamaru saying that). (T crying T) Seriously, I'm extremely scared.

Totally worst case crying :sighs: Do you think we should hold a funeral for its quality?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:02 pm
Okay, this is what I hate. Say if we won't be able to get the bit-torrent files of the shows subbed when they're released in Japan anymore, we'll not only have to wait for it to be released in America, but also have to wait for them to get to the episodes we've already seen to. Like, it'll be a while for them to get to ep 121!

The bad dubbing thing is also a concern....

KnightFourteen

DanieBarton03

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:13 pm
Stevie
But here's something I never quite understood.
Say you were to pit Neji versus Shino. Could Neji's Kaiten repel the bugs? These things eat chakra for breakfast.
Another thing, Neji can see almost 360 around him. But does that mean he can see everything? Here's what I mean.
You are currently reading this post and these words. Yes you can see the screen but you can also perripherally and technically see the frame of the screen and etc., what i'm getting at is, just cause he sees something, just cause it's in his view, does that mean he can notice all the details? What does focus work with Byakugan?

Power is a tricky thing to measure in this manga.
First, Byakugan. Doesn't Neji actually have to invoke Byakugan like they way Sasuke ususe Sharingan? Like when he's really using it, not his normal sight. Anyway, he probably can see most of what's going on around him, but I think he has to be paying attention. Which is pretty much 24/7 anyway.

Damn straight with the power line.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:29 am
Well, at least episode 121 came out subbed. 3nodding
...but still, Naruto being licensed = WTFBOMB?! domokun  

anime_merrick

Koreachess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:20 am
angelsanctus, Sorry if I came off as if I was arguing, didn't mean it that way. I was just trying to say that I disagreed with you. Well anyways, spoiler alert ahead and knowing me probably another long rant, I apologize in advance.
Well, first, I don't think that Naruto lost the battle against Sasuke becasue he was holding back. I thought he lost because:
1. Naruto can't fully control the powers of Kyuubi.
2. Sasuke is just a better Ninja, at the time of their fight, than Naruto. I know this because he beat Naruto to a pulp and Kyuubi had to take over to continue the fight.
3. Sasuke have the heaven seal curse. In comparison to actual power it qwails to Kyuubi's but since Naruto and his body can't fully control kyuubi's power, that issue becomes nil. In level 2 Sasuke is just more powerful than Naruto, in that fight I mean.
4. Naruto had to expend chakra, strength, and some energy/endurance to catch up to Sasuke, while the only think Sasuke did was sit in a bucket and "die" before his fight with Naruto. So, Nruto was at a disadvantage to begin with.
5. If Sasuke hadn't one then the story line wouldn't have evolved the way it did. Masashi Kishimoto wanted all three (Naruto,Sasuke, and Sakura) to be trained by their respective counterparts of the Sennin. So, the only way to do that was for Naruto to lose.
That is the reason Naruto lost. It kinda sucks that he lost but it'll make it much better when Naruto beats sasuke back to his senses. And now to continue onward with my rant whee .

This part adresses Nightlight's Theory on Orochimaru, Unfortunately there is another spoiler alert and probably another rant but I'll try to keep it short. But, no promises on that xp .
Okay, now your theory is that Orochimaru's new body is that of Kakashi's father, the White Fang? If not forgive me, because in a second I'm going into a long explanation to why I don't think that's correct. And angelsanctus you say that you believe that Orochimaru's body is that of Kimimaro, the 5th sound and the one with the Bone blood line limit? if not, then I apologize ahead of time cause I'm going to do the same to your theory as to Nightlight's.
Ok, to make this short as possible I'm just going to refer both of you to chapter 199, you can look at it at this website NarutoMangaReturns it has no downlads, so you can read off the site, you just have to join. Well anyway, in this chapter there is a conclusion to a fight to the death battle royal, which left an unamed mane the winner. This man will become Orochimaru's new body. Unfortunately at that time, Kimimaro was on a hospital bed in the same room as kabuto (who was watching the battle and Orochimaru taking the mans body) and Kimimaro hadn't even left the Sound's base/villege/or whatever. So that rule out Kimimaro being the body because the body changing jutsu can only be done once ever three years (read chapter 237, Jiraiya explains the complexities of the Immortality Jutsu). That's why Jiraiya know he has at least 3 years before sasuke may become Orochimaru and why he trains Naruto and that also why Tsudane trains Sakura (well at least one of the reasons).
Anyway on to the thoey of the White Fang. I don't think that the person who was used for Orochimaru's immortality jutsu is or was the White fang for a cuple of reasons:
1. Even though the white fang was widely known as the three sennins, I don't think he was as powerful. So why would Orochimaru use the resurection technique to bring back someone who is dead (I think Orochimaru's Immortality Justs needs a living body) when he can just find someone who has a strong body and Chakra for him to take and make much stronger.
2. The man Orochimaru did take said that he was captured along with members of his clan and he wanted them freed. That make no sense if the man is the White fand cause hte white fang has been dead for a while and has no Clan members with him unless Orochimaru captured some fellow leaf, which is plausible, but a bit of a stretch for a long dead White fand to be captured with them.
Basically in order for Orochimaru's new body to be the white fang you would have to go through a big series of inconsitances to make it fit the story line, so, I just don;t think it's all that plausible. If I sound like I'm argueing I apologize redface . Also forgive me for the long expalnation AKA the rant sweatdrop .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:14 am
i'd have to agree with koreachess here... i do believe that up until the time jump, sasuke was just a more skillful ninja than naruto was. besides, i think what endears a lot of us to the series is the fact that naruto DOESN'T win all the battles... his ability to cope and to make himself better. and to put in my 2 cents on orochimaru's new body... it's one of the prisoners. kimimaro couldn't be the "container" because he has a rare disease. i'm glad dattebayo and aone are continuing with the fansubs. seriously, the only positive with this whole us license thing is that the videogames are finally commin here.. sweatdrop  

Alpha Q

Koreachess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:33 pm
Vermillion Wolf
I wasn't sure where to put this so I'm putting it here. The Naruto Anime has been liscenced! For real this time! It's been bought by ShoPro, which recently merged with Viz. To be honest about this I'd have to say that I'm terrified! ShoPro did Hamtaro for God's sake! What does every one this about this?
All I have to say is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! gonk where the hell am i going to get the latest episoded now that Naruto is liscenced sad . Does anyone know of any fansubs that are still producing Naruto? the one I always went to, anbu, are being asses stressed cause they will illegally release an anime that is produced in japan but once someone in America gets there damn hands on it in America, well then they have to follow the law then, the jack asses scream  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:38 pm
Alpha Q
i'd have to agree with koreachess here... i do believe that up until the time jump, sasuke was just a more skillful ninja than naruto was. besides, i think what endears a lot of us to the series is the fact that naruto DOESN'T win all the battles... his ability to cope and to make himself better. and to put in my 2 cents on orochimaru's new body... it's one of the prisoners. kimimaro couldn't be the "container" because he has a rare disease. i'm glad dattebayo and aone are continuing with the fansubs. seriously, the only positive with this whole us license thing is that the videogames are finally commin here.. sweatdrop
seriously eek , AonE is continuing blaugh now I don't have to deal with storyline alterations because of bad edits, horrible subbing by people who don't know how to fit the voices with the characters stare (my biggest problem when it comes to animes being brought over here and being dubbed), and censorship because parents can't let there kids see the sexy no jutsu xp I'm so happy whee I think i'm going to cry crying  

Koreachess

nightlight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:29 pm
Koreachess
angelsanctus, Sorry if I came off as if I was arguing, didn't mean it that way. I was just trying to say that I disagreed with you. Well anyways, spoiler alert ahead and knowing me probably another long rant, I apologize in advance.
Well, first, I don't think that Naruto lost the battle against Sasuke becasue he was holding back. I thought he lost because:
1. Naruto can't fully control the powers of Kyuubi.
2. Sasuke is just a better Ninja, at the time of their fight, than Naruto. I know this because he beat Naruto to a pulp and Kyuubi had to take over to continue the fight.
3. Sasuke have the heaven seal curse. In comparison to actual power it qwails to Kyuubi's but since Naruto and his body can't fully control kyuubi's power, that issue becomes nil. In level 2 Sasuke is just more powerful than Naruto, in that fight I mean.
4. Naruto had to expend chakra, strength, and some energy/endurance to catch up to Sasuke, while the only think Sasuke did was sit in a bucket and "die" before his fight with Naruto. So, Nruto was at a disadvantage to begin with.
5. If Sasuke hadn't one then the story line wouldn't have evolved the way it did. Masashi Kishimoto wanted all three (Naruto,Sasuke, and Sakura) to be trained by their respective counterparts of the Sennin. So, the only way to do that was for Naruto to lose.
That is the reason Naruto lost. It kinda sucks that he lost but it'll make it much better when Naruto beats sasuke back to his senses. And now to continue onward with my rant whee .

This part adresses Nightlight's Theory on Orochimaru, Unfortunately there is another spoiler alert and probably another rant but I'll try to keep it short. But, no promises on that xp .
Okay, now your theory is that Orochimaru's new body is that of Kakashi's father, the White Fang? If not forgive me, because in a second I'm going into a long explanation to why I don't think that's correct. And angelsanctus you say that you believe that Orochimaru's body is that of Kimimaro, the 5th sound and the one with the Bone blood line limit? if not, then I apologize ahead of time cause I'm going to do the same to your theory as to Nightlight's.
Ok, to make this short as possible I'm just going to refer both of you to chapter 199, you can look at it at this website NarutoMangaReturns it has no downlads, so you can read off the site, you just have to join. Well anyway, in this chapter there is a conclusion to a fight to the death battle royal, which left an unamed mane the winner. This man will become Orochimaru's new body. Unfortunately at that time, Kimimaro was on a hospital bed in the same room as kabuto (who was watching the battle and Orochimaru taking the mans body) and Kimimaro hadn't even left the Sound's base/villege/or whatever. So that rule out Kimimaro being the body because the body changing jutsu can only be done once ever three years (read chapter 237, Jiraiya explains the complexities of the Immortality Jutsu). That's why Jiraiya know he has at least 3 years before sasuke may become Orochimaru and why he trains Naruto and that also why Tsudane trains Sakura (well at least one of the reasons).
Anyway on to the thoey of the White Fang. I don't think that the person who was used for Orochimaru's immortality jutsu is or was the White fang for a cuple of reasons:
1. Even though the white fang was widely known as the three sennins, I don't think he was as powerful. So why would Orochimaru use the resurection technique to bring back someone who is dead (I think Orochimaru's Immortality Justs needs a living body) when he can just find someone who has a strong body and Chakra for him to take and make much stronger.
2. The man Orochimaru did take said that he was captured along with members of his clan and he wanted them freed. That make no sense if the man is the White fand cause hte white fang has been dead for a while and has no Clan members with him unless Orochimaru captured some fellow leaf, which is plausible, but a bit of a stretch for a long dead White fand to be captured with them.
Basically in order for Orochimaru's new body to be the white fang you would have to go through a big series of inconsitances to make it fit the story line, so, I just don;t think it's all that plausible. If I sound like I'm argueing I apologize redface . Also forgive me for the long expalnation AKA the rant sweatdrop .
already been figured out, didn't need to sweat the long rant... sweatdrop  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games