Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply JENOVA's Witnesses
FF7 Modified! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New Story?
Cool!!
87%
 87%  [ 27 ]
Wait couldn't we get in trouble?
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
I'm keeping my character to myself...
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
It's just FF7 All over again right?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:33 pm
rofl rofl rofl 'X' marks the spot! xd xd xd

that reminds me though.. It just occured to me we never discussed WHY Deyn decided to go for world domination or destruction or whatever his goal is. ... ... any ideas?

what made Deyn into what he is now? and what is he after... I'll be puzzling it over too... but I thought Saerenna in particular might enjoy helping out! wink  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:46 pm
Oooh, indeed I would.... Hmm, I'll have to think on it. And world domination sounds cooler than destruction.

I know! For part of it, he could be trying to rule the world, and when his plans aren't working, he gets fed up and decides he just wants to destroy everything instead! Muahaha!

And maybe he's doing it because the voices told him to. ninja Though whether there was ever REALLY voices talking to him or not, remains forever a mystery. ninja  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:01 am
Well here's something to consider. ... things are alittle different with Deyn's birth than Sephiroth's.

Was Deyn raised by his real mother? if so... for how long?

Does Deyn know who his father is? If not... why?

What would Inspire Deyn to WANT to take over the world? He has no 'alien' mother to want to please, ... what is his motivation?

What estranged him from Alceste (Lucretia)? Is she still alive? ... she is the immortality project success... so if she isn't dead... where is she?

... We need to consider all of those, having a GOOD motivation will be key. No bad-guy thinks they are evil. Not if they are done correctly. Sephiroth thought all humans were traitors... which means he thought what he was doing was riteous justice. Revenge.

What has Deyn deluded himself into thinking he's doing? how does our 'Hojo' character figure into the plot?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:26 am
Ermak Lorde
Well here's something to consider. ... things are alittle different with Deyn's birth than Sephiroth's.

Was Deyn raised by his real mother? if so... for how long?

Does Deyn know who his father is? If not... why?

What would Inspire Deyn to WANT to take over the world? He has no 'alien' mother to want to please, ... what is his motivation?

What estranged him from Alceste (Lucretia)? Is she still alive? ... she is the immortality project success... so if she isn't dead... where is she?

... We need to consider all of those, having a GOOD motivation will be key. No bad-guy thinks they are evil. Not if they are done correctly. Sephiroth thought all humans were traitors... which means he thought what he was doing was riteous justice. Revenge.

What has Deyn deluded himself into thinking he's doing? how does our 'Hojo' character figure into the plot?

Because taking over the world is fun of course! twisted j/k... mostly ninja ...

I think Lucretia should have a complication with the experiment so she falls into a slumber from which she cannot awaken.

(Hojo) should perhaps have a hand to play in that? I think he should so we could have the Hojo-hate all around lol Or at least have the Vincenty hatred (his angry face was teh sex xd : )... Maybe Valerian met Alceste after he was experimented on but before he 'died'....And thus would have been 'killed' by (Hojo) maybe after Alceste had aforementioned complications. I dunno if maybe that would be considered too similar to what already exists. But then Deyn would probably be taken in by (Gast)(not as an infant but as a young child who knew his parents but not why they died) who was also killed by (Hojo) or would he be? confused neutral

If he were raised by (Gast) he would know Atyssia(Aeris), and maybe even had been close friends with her at first, and Sky(Cloud) was her boyfriend and could also be a friend of theirs, they could all start out as kids in the same neighborhood. It would make Deyn's eventual betrayal all the more tragic. Sephiroth barely knew any of the actual main characters so his killing was actually less barbaric.

Deyn and Sky could have gone into the millitary together, and naturally Deyn far surpassed and exceeded Sky's rank and they were seperated.... and Deyn should go crazy sometime after that, so that Sky and Atyssia remember him as being a good person, so they would be all the more shocked, disbelieving at first that Deyn had been responsible for whatever takes the place of the Nibelheim incident(which should take place in somewhere different than their hometown, maybe it should be in Seisui(Yuffie)'s origin!).

Though... we still don't have a reason for him going insane... confused  

KiyaraSabel

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:54 pm
well alot of that is really facintating!! and will need some definite consideration.

I think I forgot to mention a theory I'd come up with to explain why Deyn has purple eyes.

I want Deyn's eyes to do that cat-glow in the dark thing. Maybe not slitted per-se but that glow when light hits them. and it occured to me... where would he get that? So I thought what if the reflective blue-eyes is a side-affect of the immortality stuff? So he got that particular element from Alceste.

Valerian was supposed to have gotten red-eyes as a side-affect from the ressurection. And I had always intended that he'd had that before he met Alceste. Otherwise how else would Deyn be 'partially' undead?

so the glowy crimson eyes, mixed with reflective blue, make a deep glowy-reflective purple.

but yes, despite that alot of those other ideas could easily work. And who says he has to be 'insane'?? he could just be seriously deluded.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:44 pm
Angel thinks Deyn could be an 'evil Roy Mustang' ... Someone who witnesses the attrocities commited by (government / scientists?) and decided he had to 'make it to the top' so he could change things... only... maybe for the worse instead of the better.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:08 pm
Yeah, like Light who thinks that he needs to become god and get rid of the bad people. 3nodding

But something I think should happen is that for a while, Deyn acts like a regular person. While super powerful and stuff, he wouldn't outwardly show his real intentions at all. He'd become, like Sephiroth, the world's hero, and therefore gain the trust of everyone. And his existance and eventual revealing of plot should be widely know, unlike in FFVII, where basically no one but the main characters and some ShinRa employees even knew anything was wrong until a giant thing appeared in the sky. (I think it was funny to see the way people described it, though. A star, a moon, etc.) Anyways, Deyn could be viewed as the Hero of the world, and therefore it makes a very BIG impression on the world when the main heros reveal his plot to the world. In fact, the hero's could get shunned and ridiculed because no one would believe that the great Deyn (OhMyGlomp! GREAT DEYN!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Woof! rofl rofl rofl ...okay, I'm done.) could NOT be perfect.

furry1337otaku
(his angry face was teh sex xd : )

No kidding. O.O.... heart heart  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:11 pm
... Me Angel and Furry had a long brainstorming session... here is what we have come up with so far.

We decided that Ragger and Freyr's Master (the man who trained them to fight) was a good freind of (Ghast's) We also figured that perhaps Freyr and Ragger both were precursor experiments into the combining Ressurection/Immortality. Freyr to restore his movement and Ragger to save his life.

that out of the way, here's what we've come up with.

Valerian, the successful experiment the ressurection people didn't know about, met up with our Ghast character, who already had Alceste with him. He simply noted the possibility of a culination for the two projects, and hired Valerian as Alceste's bodygaurd. (muttering about waiting 2 years...) we all know what happens then. But the reason Deyn didn't know Valerian is his father, is that Val realized that some of the scientists responsible for his resurrection were looking for him. Not wanting them to find Deyn or Alceste he left to lead them away from his wife and child.

Our Ghast character is supposed to be kindly if a little too trusting. So with Valerian out-of-the way our 'Hojo' character began to manipulate the situation. He really wanted to have Alceste as his own, but after a few failed attempts discovered this was not possible, and as all evil villains do he decided if he couldn't have her... So he somehow put her into a coma type state (or otherwise removed her from the picture without killing her) and this left only Ghast and Deyn.

To get our 'Deyn' character into our 'SOLDIER' group, we created something equivelent to a Cloud complex. by this point Freyr and Ragger both were well beyond good warriors, and were both in 'SOLDIER'. Ragger was quite famous (a general probably) Freyr was actually the more skilled... but we all know he wouldn't get the same sort of recognition...
So Deyn had a little bit of hero-worship towards the warrior. (later Sky as well) So Deyn enters SOLDIER and is trained by Freyr and a little bit by Ragger (not as much because as a ranking officer Ragger is busier).

Enter our Hojo character, he really wants higher status, but with Ghast, Ragger and Freyr in the way he can't do anything. Freyr is his biggest threat as the chimera is very cany and powerful. So in order to remove the chimera's presence he kills of Ghast somehow. Freyr leaves SOLDIER to mourn the man who was almost a father to him. This leaves 'Hojo' to deal with Ragger. Who by this point Deyn has almost surpassed in skill. So Hojo arranges for a dual between the two warriors, and rigs it so Ragger dies, making it look like an accident on Deyn's part. He then continues to convince Deyn that the people higher up are evil and that someone murdered Ghast (aside from himself) and later convinces the warrior that Freyr was killed as well. (though that is a lie). This is about the point where Deyn aquires his 'Mustang' complex, and decides he needs to change things by rising as high in the ranks as possible. But with Hojo whispering in his ear and skewing his perception his goals become more and more twisted.

Hojo fills the role of both himself and 'Mother', and this also gives a more reasonable mentality to our villian, and also allows for our own character's problems and interactions. It will allow for the 'return of sanity' I was intending to portray in our 'Sephiroth' character in the 'temple of the ancients' scenario as well...

tell me what you think? It will still need alot of tweaking, like how Atysia and Seisui fit and where Sky comes in and how they get their veiws on things, but this will give us a definate start to really get going on this!

((and now my hands are tired... sweatdrop ))  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

KiyaraSabel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:36 pm
Hooray for progress!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:44 pm
...Okay, but our Hojo character better be rather un-hojo-like. He's gotta be good looking or something. And I think a lot of emphasis should go into Deyn breaking away from 'Hojo's manipulations. In fact, we could have a cool thing where Deyn decides that 'Hojo' is a corrupt person, which is ironic seeing as how he was the one manipulating Deyn and giving him the idea, and then Deyn kills him. twisted  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:14 pm
I think we were aiming for something to give Valerian purpose.

we wanted to see his evil glarey face...... ninja

Furry thinks Hojo should look like Aion from Chrono Crusade.

We'll have to figure out exactly when or how Deyn would realize that Hojo is evil... and exactly why he would disbeleive it when all his other parental figures were removed from the picture fairly early (13-15 at the latest).

those were my thoughts at least, (hojo and Ghast still need new names... xp ) I'm thinking that Hojo really needs to be subtly manipulative, very very evil. (more like Light... but not quite that good)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:25 pm
User Image

C'mon someone's gotta have something to say to the prior post.  

KiyaraSabel

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:05 am
.... I thought it was thought provoking... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 am
Ghasts named should be Gwypler(can you pronounce that? if you can your not saying it right)  

Cecil Helden
Crew

JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas