Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:37 pm
So's, I'm a moving to Massachuettes (or however you spell the name of that state...) here in like 1 day. (I leave Wed morning ^^) And my mom is worried cause I only have most of ym clothes, my food thats going with, my laundry stuff and my books packed.
Why would she be worried? Cause my sewing machine, fabric, and beads arent packed yet!! lol. She was relieved to hear my yarn stash is protecting books in various boxes.

Oh! That reminds me. I got an apartment. For only $500 a month (which is sooo cheap where I'll be) I get a huge room, a bathroom, all utlities, free laundry, a shared kitchen, a TV, a bed, three tables, a futon, cable, and wireless interwebs. YAY!!! The only other thing I'll need to buy is grocerys. And a hamster. I"m getting one and naming it squishy. Why Squishy, you ask? After Dory's (from Finding Nemo) jelly fish ("I shall you keep, and you shall be named squishy and you shall be my squishy!"). The lady whos house my room is in works at my company and has a very friendly dog, I've been told.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:02 pm
Hmm.... you should get that sewing machine packed up. Its what i'd be most concerned about - you can't just throw it in boxes/bags and into the truck. How are you transporting your beads?  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

rheane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:40 pm
whatever you do, tape the cases for the beads shut. I moved with a bunch of tiny beads, and they went everywhere! X.x  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:17 pm
My sewing machine is my moms old one, that her mom bought her her for taking to and from college, so it comes complete with a handy traveling case. The only issue with it is its tension gets off rather easily, so we'll have to wait and see and hope it makes the move fine.

The beads are in lock top cases, in side of lock top cases, and have made short moves very successfully like this in the past. ^^ The one box has been to Portland, OR and back (and I live in KY). They are safely stacked in my back seat.

I stole the fams camera for now and am taking it with. The rents never use the thing and will likely not notice its missing. I'll fess up when I get there that I have it. xd They are coming to visit in two weeks, anyhow, so if they want it back, they can get it then.

Well, the car is packed- with everything, up to and including a bookself. The only thing I dont have is my fav chair- which does fold, but not small enough to fit with my other stuffs. >< I shall to do without till the rents come up.  

Silver Mist

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:25 am
So how did the move go Siver? *debates wither she should call you silver or mist*  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:47 am
The move went great and please, continue to call me Silver. ^^ You guessed right.

I'm moved in and hating my pink carpet. And the landladys smelly, smelly dog. But the place is nice, theres lots of space, and the people are nice whos house I'm living in.

I went to my first AC Moore the other day. o.O I found my yarn!!! The stuff I'm using to make a granny square, blanket that is. I bought like 2 skeins back home, figuring it'd be easy to find up here, but it ended up being impossible to find. So I bought like 8 more skeins right then and there. xd

AC Moors gets 2 thumbs up from me. ^^  

Silver Mist

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:23 am
Pink carpet? O.o thats just bizarre.

i've never been to a AC Moore. I dunno if there are anything near here.... i've started buying my yarn online, either through knitpicks.com or yarn.com - i recently got a checking account of my own so i don't have to pester my sister to order things for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:25 am
yeah, in the shinys thread I put up a pic of my beads and it shows off my pink carpet as well. ><  

Silver Mist

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:47 am
I have an announcement to make!

I BOUGHT MODA DEA CACHE ON SALE FOR $2 AT MICHAELS!!! mrgreen

That is all. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:06 am
gemini6184

That is all. biggrin

blaugh Thats happy! Ours are completely out of most sale yarns (all three michaels around here) as of last night. mad d:  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:08 pm
kochi~mochi
gemini6184

That is all. biggrin

blaugh Thats happy! Ours are completely out of most sale yarns (all three michaels around here) as of last night. mad d:
I bought enough to make a short sleeved sweater but i changed my mind. Since its so sparkly it will make a much better off the shoulder shell/tank top for dressy occaisions. I started it at work tonight, im so excited 4laugh I'll prolly have it done quite soon, and with the nice weather I should be able to get pics  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:34 pm
hi! blaugh  

sablejasmine

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:42 pm
Hiyo!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:27 am
kochi~mochi
Hiyo!
awww kochi you look so cute today  

I be me
Vice Captain

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:22 am
Silver Mist
The move went great and please, continue to call me Silver. ^^ You guessed right.

I'm moved in and hating my pink carpet. And the landladys smelly, smelly dog. But the place is nice, theres lots of space, and the people are nice whos house I'm living in.

I went to my first AC Moore the other day. o.O I found my yarn!!! The stuff I'm using to make a granny square, blanket that is. I bought like 2 skeins back home, figuring it'd be easy to find up here, but it ended up being impossible to find. So I bought like 8 more skeins right then and there. xd

AC Moors gets 2 thumbs up from me. ^^

If it helps you feel any better about your pink carpet I used to have walls that looked like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Rosemary_Girl/Aaaa0056.jpg

but I loved those walls
They were awesome walls  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out