Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Master_Kaballmo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:53 am
I always just settled for a mistake in the continuity there. Although these are rather logical theories. I wonder what Lucasfilm's official stance would be.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:47 pm
Nelowulf
I always believed that her memories were simply those of Bail's wife, who could have possibly died early in Leia's childhood.
That is another possability.  

Cookie Icer

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:49 pm
Japanese_Green_Tea
Nelowulf
I always believed that her memories were simply those of Bail's wife, who could have possibly died early in Leia's childhood.
That is another possability.
Its also a very logical one that probably disrupts the entire series the least. I mean, it was viable even before the prequels came out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:57 pm
This much could be true.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:38 pm
Canoically, it's because Leia had a Force-bond with Padme and the Force kept the lingering memories or some rot like htat.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:33 pm
And Luke's emphasis on "your real mother" is supposed to make it clear that he's not talking about Queen Organa - Leia knew she was adopted.  

Durza the Shade

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:41 pm
Yes, but who's to say that after Bail's wife died at an early age, he didn't remarry?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:11 pm
*Musing*
hey...wait, Jar Jar was belived to have said something in the dvd version of ROTJ.
how old would he be at that point?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:59 pm
*shrug* Well, he's a relatively young adult Gungan in TPM, but we don't know how fast Gungans mature or how long they live . . . In Star Wars Galaxies, which takes place during the OT timeframe, Boss Nass is still in charge of Otah Gunga, so it's reasonable to assume Jar Jar is still plenty young enough to scream at the top of his lungs in RotJ - even though it should be illegal for him to do so.

edit: Hey! I shudder at the very thought of Jar Jar in the EU, but if Gungans really are long lived, now that *spoilers* Luke and Leia finally know the name of their mother in Dark Nest, wouldn't it be possible for them to track down Old Man Jar Jar and chat about old memories?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:48 am
I'd have to check my books, but I belive an average gungan's lifespan is just slightly shorter than a human's.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:43 pm
Ol' man Jar Jar... no. Just... no.

Also, one more thing: The Force is not a palantiir. Its not 100% accurate. Humans make mistakes too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:25 pm
Cale Darksun
I'd have to check my books, but I belive an average gungan's lifespan is just slightly shorter than a human's.

But a human's lifespan in the GFFA is longer than on Earth. At the beginning of Dark Nest 1, Han is in his mid-sixties, and Leia tells him he could still be active at 110, if he takes care of himself.  

Durza the Shade

Anasaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:25 pm
hey what's up don't i look so cool  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:15 pm
Durza the Shade
Cale Darksun

But a human's lifespan in the GFFA is longer than on Earth. At the beginning of Dark Nest 1, Han is in his mid-sixties, and Leia tells him he could still be active at 110, if he takes care of himself.
I didn't know that. Is there any chance she was just being cute?

.....or was it more of a sincere, take it seriously scene?  

Master_Kaballmo

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:04 pm
Yeah, its been confirmed by many authors, such as Troy Denning and Karen Traviss.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games