Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
An Endless Universe Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elvisnake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Yeah, like Superman & Lois in his solitary fortress in one of the Movies...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:58 pm
Dude the Fortress looked SICK in S:Returns.  

FrozenPhoenix32

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:00 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
I never finished Darksaber but I remember him taking her to Hoth alone.

You don't just take a woman to a snowball unless you're gonna make up for it at night.

That's certainly one way of keeping warm!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:00 pm
Yeah, but I have one problem with that movie. The kid looked older than five years, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and say that he was born during Supe's five year absence. Unless Kryptonian pregnancies last longer, and are undetectable in the early stages, and assuming that Supe and Lois were 'active' up until he left, she must have gotten over him really fast to be able to plausibly think that the kid was the other guy's, if he actually wasn't. Lois is a slut!  

elvisnake

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:01 pm
Unless she cheated on him while he was still here.

I like your theory better.

SLUTTY LOIS!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:03 pm
Whats next? Is Mary Jane going to have a baby Green Goblin?  

elvisnake

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:05 pm
Well, you do know that in the comics Gwen Stacy had kids with Norman Osborn?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:07 pm
Yeah, that was one of the reasons that I switched to Ultimate Spider-man as my primary web-swinging provider. It hasn't been around long enough to totally change the main characters due to lack of ideas. Plus, ultimate Venom kicks a**.  

elvisnake

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:10 pm
Don't know much about the Ultimate imprint.

What's different about U:Venom?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:13 pm
Different origin, no lame chest symbol. Plus, ultimate Eddy Brock is cooler, and has a reason to hate Peter that I think makes more sense.  

elvisnake

elvisnake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:17 pm
I mean, seriously, which one of these looks cooler?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You be the judge.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:18 pm
What's the new story for Eddie/Venom?  

FrozenPhoenix32

elvisnake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:31 pm
Okay... *Cracks knuckles* You probably know this, but in Marvel 616, Eddie Brock hated Spider-man for bringing the Sin Eater to Justice, when he was getting famous for publishing interviews with a Sin Eating impostor who turned out to be a compulsive confessor. He got United with the Symbiote, which had rejection issues with Spidey, and so these two miffing offenses combined to make a supervillain who goes out of his way to cause Spidey as much pain as possible. (I smudged it a bit, I know, but this isn't the primary topic of the post.)

In Ultimate Marvel, however, Eddie and Pete go back, way back. Also, Eddie isn't the evil one, it's the suit, but I'll get to that momentarily.
To begin, let me explain the suit in a bit more detail. Richard Parker, and Edward Brock Sr. Spidey and Venom's fathers, were doing research on a suit to cure cancer. The suit's development was set up into various phases, phase two greatly augmented the wearer's abilities, and added new ones. Phase three was where they would use the augmented abilities, and some new developments that never took place to eliminate cancerous cells, curing the disease. Richard and edward were on phase two, the Augmentation, when Bolivar Trask, the head of the company that they worked for, took away their right to use or develop the suit any further, preferring to use it as a super-soldier thing, rather than to make less money using it to help mankind. Edward smuggled two samples out of the lab, and we flash forewards about ten years, to when the comics take place.

Peter and Eddie are reunited, to much hoorahs, etc. When peter shows Eddie a videotape from when everyone was just a great big happy family, Eddie shows Pete one of the samples of the suit. Later that night, Peter sneaks into the lab, intending to take a sample to test on, and it touches his skin. The suit expands, covering his body, making his symbiote suit, and everything is fine, for about an issue and a half, when he realizes that it's altering how his brain works, making him far more aggressive and uncontrolled. Disgusted, he takes the suit off, and destroys the sample. Eddie watches a security recording of the proceedings, and finds out that Peter is Spider-man and that he stole the sample, and destroyed it. Pissed off at being lied to, and because peter took the sample away, Eddie willingly puts the other copy of the suit on, turning him into Venom.

The Venom suit quickly overrides Eddie's own will, and Venom, rather than just hating Spider-man is an animalistic beast who hates everything. Later, in the Ultimate Spider-man Video game, Eddie gains control of the Venom suit, but being an unwilling passenger in it for so long has twisted his mind, making him as evil as it was, except he wants to get Spider-man, as revenge for turning him into a monster.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:35 pm
OOh.

Spiderman is like my favorite character.

Peter parker can just never win.

He may win the physical battle, but he always loses the personal battle.  

FrozenPhoenix32

elvisnake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:37 pm
You just listed the two names of the same guy. Did you mean that, or did you accidentally put Parker or Spider-man instead of Venom?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games