Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:59 pm
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Apparently my observations aren't making that big of waves...
I appreciate your observations, they all seem correct to me. Which is one reason why I am glad to not be using force users. My obsession with being a jedi ended after that d20 campaign Cale. I learned a lot from playing Koth then.
All I can really remember about your jedi was that his race had no eyes.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:00 pm
Getting into the base itself is the challenge... and Storm Commandos specialize in that sneaky sneaky type of operation. Of course with the objectives I'm coming up with they won't have to enter the main base.

Though a little sniper fire into the main hanger could be entertaining.  

stellarmagic

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:01 pm
Ral Roke
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun
Apparently my observations aren't making that big of waves...
I appreciate your observations, they all seem correct to me. Which is one reason why I am glad to not be using force users. My obsession with being a jedi ended after that d20 campaign Cale. I learned a lot from playing Koth then.
All I can really remember about your jedi was that his race had no eyes.

Miraluka. Yeah the inspiration for him was Zatoichi.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:04 pm
I'm just wondering why they abandoned the hoth base idea though. Although, being inside the mountain means they don't need shield generators.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:07 pm
You'll see why soon...trust me...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:10 pm
No, we won't really.

All it does is allow for the ground forces to have clear lines of sight into your hangars whenever they open. It's going to turn more into a battle of Yavin IV than Hoth. At least you had a chance of escaping on hoth. This one? you'll have to get past the fighters, the ground forces, the fleet...

All without the aid of an Ion cannon as well...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:10 pm
Quote:
I'm just wondering why they abandoned the hoth base idea though. Although, being inside the mountain means they don't need shield generators.

God... This is going to be so EASY!!! No Shield Generators? Lets land a couple dropships in their hanger bay!!! exclaim In a mountain... without shields, okay.

Let's not even land troops, bombard the base anyone?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:14 pm
Actually there are Shields...I've got the particulars written up, I'll post them when it becomes relevant  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:16 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
Actually there are Shields...I've got the particulars written up, I'll post them when it becomes relevant

Then explain how you are able to project the radius over the entire mountain?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:19 pm
We have two very very large Generators. Powered by internal Geothermal Generators  

PaulTheWolf5575

stellarmagic

It's relevant! Give us the base layout or at least a list of defenses and equipment.

For example, do you have ground based scanners? Comm Systems? Turbolasers or Ion Cannons? Where is the Shield Emitter(s)? How many troops form the garrison and where are their barracks? How many ships are in the hanger bays and what orbital defenses (if any) are present?  
You know the saddest part is that my spy is collecting information on the base, and I've been trying so hard to at least help you guys out. But for some odd reason, I don't know what this thing looks like, and I have to rely on CW's explaination.

Apparantly, this base takes up the entire mountain, giving quite a bit of room to work with. It has two hangars, one on each side... meaining the first floor of the base is easily 20 miles in diameter. And that's not successive floors.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:22 pm
The key... as with allot of Star Wars battles is the shield system. Once the Empire destroys the shield emitters or their power generators a general bombardment will reduce the base to rubble... even if its buried in a mountain.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:23 pm
Calm the ******** down Stellar. All Borill is gonna know is that there is an Energy field over x Spot in the mountains, plus whatever Nelos spy is gonna find out, which won't be a terrific amount.  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:25 pm
Well, I got the feeling from CW that they were in a mountain. However, I also got the idea was the original designer forgot just how smeggin' large mountains are.

I mean, the size of the base described was far too small to be at the base of the mountain, or way too large. This isn't like hoth where you can wedge a base between a ravine due to ice flows and glacier formations that are on the peaks. This is Abregado Rae, a planet that is relatively flat to begin with.

Meaning that first of all, their base is pretty damn far away from any civilization to begin with. So I imagine they convoy their food and supplies in.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games