Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm
It's actually a system of Caves and Tunnels, not a massive hollowed out mountain...so its not the full size of the mountain  
We'll know much more then that Paul. Orbital photography will reveal the location of the shield emitters (Because you can't bury them) as well as the location of sensors and fortifications. The spy may even be able to locate the power supplies, air filtration system (Which was the weak link in Tantiss's defenses) and list the ships in the hanger bay.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PaulTheWolf5575
Calm the ******** down Stellar. All Borill is gonna know is that there is an Energy field over x Spot in the mountains, plus whatever Nelos spy is gonna find out, which won't be a terrific amount.

You mean like the downloaded schematics of the entire base system?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:27 pm
Hell, he's even got current ideas on force strength and shift plans. You underestimate my spies resourcefullness. Rook passed his skills well onto the next generation.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:28 pm
Thank you Imperial Intelligence... and when they fail...

Oh Kusei!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:31 pm
Nelowulf
Well, I got the feeling from CW that they were in a mountain. However, I also got the idea was the original designer forgot just how smeggin' large mountains are.

I mean, the size of the base described was far too small to be at the base of the mountain, or way too large. This isn't like hoth where you can wedge a base between a ravine due to ice flows and glacier formations that are on the peaks. This is Abregado Rae, a planet that is relatively flat to begin with.

Meaning that first of all, their base is pretty damn far away from any civilization to begin with. So I imagine they convoy their food and supplies in.

Of course, I'd always thought that Echo Base was in a mountain o' ice.

Plus, Paul here kept being all "ZOMG! It's in mountains, d00d! Lawlz!"  

AFK Masturbating

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:33 pm
Stellar: It's under Rock. In the polar regions. You might get some scattered thermals at best. And the Shield Emitters are also hidden in the mountain I might add. You'll know where it is, no one doubts that, but you won't know as much as you seem to think...

Nelo: How did you manage that? I'm not sayin' you didn't but how did you pull it off?

CW: stare I'm trying to come up with a hoth-esque battle, that is both new and old.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:34 pm
Celestia Whitesword
Nelowulf
Well, I got the feeling from CW that they were in a mountain. However, I also got the idea was the original designer forgot just how smeggin' large mountains are.

I mean, the size of the base described was far too small to be at the base of the mountain, or way too large. This isn't like hoth where you can wedge a base between a ravine due to ice flows and glacier formations that are on the peaks. This is Abregado Rae, a planet that is relatively flat to begin with.

Meaning that first of all, their base is pretty damn far away from any civilization to begin with. So I imagine they convoy their food and supplies in.

Of course, I'd always thought that Echo Base was in a mountain o' ice.

Plus, Paul here kept being all "ZOMG! It's in mountains, d00d! Lawlz!"

*sigh*

That's what happens when people think they know something and do no research...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:35 pm
Uh... if you put the shield emitters in the mountain... you have no shield! DUH!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:40 pm
The emitters are at the peaks, barely visible, the generators are in the mountain itself.

And CW liked the idea...I looked at Abregadoe Rae, and my mind began running tactical simulations through, and i thought of the best base design tactically...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:42 pm
Once again the result of thinking things through.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm being sarcastic.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:43 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
The emitters are at the peaks, barely visible, the generators are in the mountain itself.

And CW liked the idea...I looked at Abregadoe Rae, and my mind began running tactical simulations through, and i thought of the best base design tactically...

Yeah. You picked one hell of a brilliant hiding spot in plain sight. And again, you failed to realize just how damn large a mountain is...

I mean, your command is at the bottom of the mountain, the emitters at the peaks?

And don't get me started on the generator problem...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:46 pm
No I know how big a mountain is...we're not using all of it...just tunnels and caves...A mountain is huge...and trust me, its not like once we're found we disappear...ohhhh no. This is conspicous once discovered. But more importantly it blends in because it is part of a mountain range...I'll post the stuffs when I'm done with my hw...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Nah, all we got to look for is the dishes on top of one of them. They're not that hard to spot.

I'm just wondering what gave you the incentive to dig a 20,000 foot long sensor array to make it reach from peak to base.

Please, continue to boast about your base. Its quite entertaining how grossly the details were glazed over.

First he fails to realize just how large they are, now this? What's next, the power generators for the shields are inside the mounatin? I'm waiting for that punchline.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:51 pm
Like I said, I'll post the info when I'm done with my hw and what sensor array?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games