Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:17 pm
Epsilon Base

Abregado Rae.

Located in the mountainous Polar Regions of Abregado Rae, Epsilon base is the ultimate wolf-in-sheep’s-clothing. Instead of in the Rim or Deep Core, it is located on the Core World of Abregado Rae.

Epsilon Base is the command base for the Galactic Liberation Front, or GLF. It is completely hidden, mostly cause of its terrain. It is built into a pair of mountains at the end of a massive valley. They were a veritable Honey Comb of caves before the GLF scouts found it, and now they have spread them out. Escape Hangars face every direction, and trenches, literally carved in stone, run up the sides of the mountains surrounding the valley. A primary, heavy entrance, is at the base of the first mountain, and that is the main way for vehicles to get in and out due to the terrain.

She features an energy shield, like the one at Hoth, and a Heavy Ion Cannon, also similar to the one at the famous Echo Base. There is no exposed Power Generator, however, as the mountain itself leads to several lava vents, which provide a massive flow of Geothermal energy, removing the need for generators. Turrets are attached to the rises of the mountains, and there are enough anti-air units to force any impeding landing force to land well outside of the valley should the energy shield be ineffective at deterring them. There are Artillery Emplacements as well, also carved out of the rock. The most important defense of Epsilon base, however, is the terrain. The Mountain Range surrounding her is far too high and tough to land forces on, thus forcing the enemy to make a long trek through the valley under the guns of the GLF. There is simply no other way in. The central command of Epsilon can also detonate and close any tunnels, in case of an enemy infiltration. But almost all of the trenches and tunnels are too high for anyone from the outside to get into.

Surrounding the Mountains are Alpine Foothills.

That's the info on it...

And Ral, Arch's reasons are the same as Iria and Vera's. They are both IKs too... People to trust are hard to come by, and Arch's loyalty and trust was in Calgar and the 505th, not Fel. With both of those gone, he follows who he can trust...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:18 pm
Iria isn't a IK anymore, she's a Jedi.  

AFK Masturbating

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:18 pm
I was going to say that due to the lack of sensors and comscan, all the sith have to do is waltz on in. I mean, what's going to detect them?

Man... this is bad. I would think that to shield a whole mountain, just think of the size of those projectors... and the number required... There would have to be like... 12 of the bastards.

Anyone who can't spot a dish on top of the mountain is blind to begin with...

Dear me... Anoth at least had a tactical advantage; this place is just... Can anyone say soviet charge? I bet the entire squad of plaguetroopers could do this alone, since all they have to do is march through these defenses (man, laser defenses on a rocky slope.. brilliant planning there. just pick a hiding spot and move, or they could be missles and make things even funnier)....

A squadron of Tie Bombers blow the power generators up, shields down, the behemoth walkers just lob artillery into the hangar.... no more GLF.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:20 pm
Nelowulf
I was going to say that due to the lack of sensors and comscan, all the sith have to do is waltz on in. I mean, what's going to detect them?

Man... this is bad. I would think that to shield a whole mountain, just think of the size of those projectors... and the number required... There would have to be like... 12 of the bastards.

Anyone who can't spot a dish on top of the mountain is blind to begin with...

Dear me... Anoth at least had a tactical advantage; this place is just... Can anyone say soviet charge? I bet the entire squad of plaguetroopers could do this alone, since all they have to do is march through these defenses (man, laser defenses on a rocky slope.. brilliant planning there. just pick a hiding spot and move, or they could be missles and make things even funnier)....

A squadron of Tie Bombers blow the power generators up, shields down, the behemoth walkers just lob artillery into the hangar.... no more GLF.

Hey Nelo you can get the Good guy/bad guy ratio down to an acceptable level now! xd  

Johnny Malone
Crew

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:21 pm
The slopes are too rocky too be scaled, even by your plague troopers. And even if they do, the Trenches self destruct and collapse on them.

Oops.

Forgot to read it didn't you? There are no exposed power generators. As for Comscan, and other sensors, it features an array similar to those of Echo base's.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:22 pm
*sigh*
Someone start playing taps.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:23 pm
Ral Roke
*sigh*
Someone start playing taps.

I can bust out my bagpipe to play Amazing Grace for all the dead if need be.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Your going to need more energy than what your getting those geothermal vents in order to power the shield generators among other things.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Might I add, that if you'r ein the polar regions, where are you getting your geo-thermal heat? More importantly, do you realize jsut how much energy you're going to need to run, not one but two mountain ********, those generators probably take up the entire base of the mountain alone... Can't use a more powerful source that's much much smaller...

God, this is embarassing Paul. You misjudge the size of mountains, use a power source that is weak as snuff, and no protection whatsoever worthwhile.... Probably most important is the one thing you made an "advantage" has basically become your weakeness.

Those trenches and tunnels will be overrun by so many forces... Dear god. You built Minas tirith, but you forgot the main entrance... This is more than a slaughter... this is genocide..  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:27 pm
The Geothermal Power comes from LAVA VENTS IN THE BASE OF THE MOUNTAIN.

But Nelo in all honesty, try to take it. If you can pull it off, good for you.  

PaulTheWolf5575

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:32 pm
What the hell is this "if you can pull it off" s**t? Dude take a long look at what you've made and see what you've done wrong and think about how much it takes to even run this stuff. And geothermal energy at this point would be extremely inefficient with this level of technology.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:34 pm
Ok, cool, whatever Ral.

What I said was for Nelo, not you.  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:35 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
The Geothermal Power comes from LAVA VENTS IN THE BASE OF THE MOUNTAIN.

But Nelo in all honesty, try to take it. If you can pull it off, good for you.

In all honesty, try to defend it. If you can pull it off, good for you.

But man, Paul. Your pride is your downfall. You can't admit to buiding a bad base, so you try to sound all tough.

Probably the worst part is that you can't stand to see this thing go down in smoke, so you improvise the plans each time a flaw is pointed out. This thing is doomed to failure before it began. You attempt to blow up trenches, all you do is allow yourself one less escape route. You don't get it do you? The sith just walk in through the front door. Then you're sabotague is useless. Those who are on the outside are destroyed by air units, and those retreating inside blowing up everything behind them only meet with gunfire.

This is bad. Man, this is bad... I guess what's the worst part is that you insist on keeping everything you came up with, even though half of it doesn't work. Geothermal energy? it'll barely power the normal systems of the base, much less a full fledged shielding system. Let me guess, the ion cannon also runs off the exact same power core?

You've built a coffin. And the worst part is that you're fighting to get into it.

This isn't a base you've built, its a fortress. It wasn't meant to be evacuated. Nor was it built to withstand a frontal assault. Its doomed.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:37 pm
I will try to defend it. And if I can, I will be proud.

But how about his. I'll open my ears to all of your suggestions.

What are they?  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:39 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
I will try to defend it. And if I can, I will be proud.

But how about his. I'll open my ears to all of your suggestions.

What are they?

I tried to explain the faults in your base. You told me to go ******** myself.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games