Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:23 pm
Well, at least one PC anyway...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:24 pm
Umm... With the plan I've got you're looking at a total assault time of less then two hours from when the first charges detonate and the last GLF Transport escapes.

And less then a minute from the first charges detonation and the arrival of the Imperial Fleet.

His capture could endanger my entire operational plan.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:26 pm
You're good guys. You do everything in groups. Quit denying nature; as a villian, i have to do some things stereotypically as well.

Though I do so desire to use that one-use transmitter so badly to remote detonate something...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:28 pm
Well, apparently Nelo wants him captured...and its kind of up to him...but I think you are gonna get at least a lil bogged down...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:29 pm
stellarmagic
Umm... With the plan I've got you're looking at a total assault time of less then two hours from when the first charges detonate and the last GLF Transport escapes.

And less then a minute from the first charges detonation and the arrival of the Imperial Fleet.

His capture could endanger my entire operational plan.

Nah. Won't endanger it a bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:34 pm
Yes it will! You want their base to go on alert while I'm slipping in a bunch of commando teams!

That doesn't sound very bright.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:37 pm
Stellar, trust me, it won't.

Your teams will have no trouble slipping in through the cracks in the wall. Don't overthink.

Though i have to wait until nightfall to begin transmission of the information to the sith...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:46 am
Nelowulf
ElladanKenet
Nelowulf
I'm still wondering how she can even do that.

Especially as weak as she is. As an AK/master, she's as strong as she'll get, and even then she only ranks as strong as a knight.
Kathleen is only a knight because her society only allows for one master, which she won't become until she learns her ma got slaughtered.

I also told Cel to up her stats more than what I had, but I don't think she did.

Yeah. she's as strong as she gets right now. I mean, she is dathomiri, and an AK.

With AK = master level, my statement stands.
That's what I'm saying. You're stereotyping Dathomiri. Kathleen is using a 'lost jedi art', and if you had me go on, this means that somewhere down the line, she probably had a Jedi ancestor who could use it. As far as Dathomiri go, she's the strongest. On a rank of ten with Skywalker being the highest, she's a 6 or 7. With any normal Jedi Master, such as Echuu-Shen John as 10, she's a 9.

Only reason she's not a Master is because her planet's a matriarchy, with her mother as the 'tor rancor,' which will change the moment she sees that her ma got killed by the Sith general sent to subdue the planet.

But then again, I'm not saying to change her to a Master. I'm just pointing out  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:16 am
......what lost jedi art?
Dathomiri equate the Force to Magic.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:30 am
Now, Ive read this whole shitting arguement over the base inquestion and it flies in the face of Rebel Alliance doctrine.
Rebels defend nothing.
They run.
Paul's thirst for blood and a conventional battle will serve as much good as the Allies' total refusal to give up ground during WW I.
Even Skull Base, my ultra secret pirate Lair, was better organized than this.
And it was a PIRATE base. Not a Military Installation designed by Imperial Academy students, a second hand pirate base.
Hell, we just took over an old rebel alliance fighter base and not a damn one of the opposing sides, New Republic or Drako Military ever found it or even conquered it.

You're fighting with strengths you dont have. You're trying to fight a guerilla war with conventional tactics.
Hell, The Imps could just blockade the base and starve you out.
They wouldnt loose a single soldier, subject you guys to a horrible death, and there would be no way that you could get Reinforcements to break the seige.

*Sigh* It seems that its true. All the lessons of war are forgotten in times of peace.

You morons do what you want. But know that the actions you take will reflect upon your ability to garner allies later on.  

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Cale Darksun
Battle Meditation.

And yes, Dathomiri do regard the Force as magic. On the other hand, we're also talking about one Dathomiri who's been out and abroad, is the unofficial leader of her people, and is the most powerful Dathomiri since Silri (assuming she wa shalfway powerful in the first place)

Kathleen barely qualifies as a Dathomiri, except for the fact that 80% of her lineage is Dathomiri Force-Witch, and that she's from Dathomir, and has a pet rancor, who might be dead by now  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:45 am
ElladanKenet
Cale Darksun
Battle Meditation.

And yes, Dathomiri do regard the Force as magic. On the other hand, we're also talking about one Dathomiri who's been out and abroad, is the unofficial leader of her people, and is the most powerful Dathomiri since Silri (assuming she wa shalfway powerful in the first place)

Kathleen barely qualifies as a Dathomiri, except for the fact that 80% of her lineage is Dathomiri Force-Witch, and that she's from Dathomir, and has a pet rancor, who might be dead by now

*Blink blink*
So how can you manage "Barely qualifies as a Dathomiri" while including everything you said afterwards?
and again, Link just has that trick that keeps lightsabers from cutting his swords in half.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:39 am
Well, EK, first thing you're wrong on is that Battle Meditation is a skill only the jedi used; The sith have used it before, but the jedi's numbers allowed them to see many more cases than the sith.

Its not case sensitive, first of all, which you seem to be basing all this BS on. its a lost jedi art because unless you have one hell of a good excuse as to learn it from palpatine (impossible for you, if Ferno doen't even know it) you would have to learn it from the jedi.

But wait, what's this?

We're in legacy. No Jedi currently has been said to know the skill either. So the sheer thought of you learning it is even more improbable. What'd she do? Pick up a book and learn it? It don't work that way.

And on top of that, she's a dathomiri. You assume she's on par with a jedi or sith. She ain't. You know why? she's 15 years behind the curve. What she learns now most sith and jedi learned at 5 years of age.

It doesn't matter how much worldly experience she has; she has never had formalized training, and therefore will alwasy be subpar. Its not "stereotyping". Its "fact".

And before you dare tell me she ain't a master, let me reiterate again. AK = Master. If she's an AK, she's got the skills of a master. Like it or not. And if you want to argue that point, I'm going to ignore you like you did all the posts explaining this. AKs are masters, dude. If she ain't a master, she ain't an AK. Its not a matter of her "matriarchy". If she was as strong as she was, she'd have taken over. Otherwise, she isn't and she won't.

So my statements are still standing.

One more thing though: What's with this 9/10 BS? You're trying to assume that its as simple as a one variable system. Echuu could wipe the floor with your little witch without even drawing his saber. He wasn't a "normal jedi master", either. But then again, you're just throwing out a name, rather than actually researching any material.

Now, before taking an emotional reply, sit down, calm yourself, and look at what's presented. I expect the next statement to have some reasoning behind it, not just a hasty defense made in ignorance.

If you don't know something, ask. But you got to quit assuming that things work the way you want them to every time.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:02 am
So in the panel's expert opinion: What are the different ways that a stun grenade delivers its blow. Sonic and a shockwave are the ways I've thought of. Any other suggestions?  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:10 am
A stun grenade?

Same way a flashbang works, sonic pulse plus brilliant flash. Maybe even a pulse of stun energy similar to that in stun bolts.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games