Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Your Arsenal Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:44 pm
Seriously why is it always such a big deal when someone accidentally calls a magazine a clip? Sure they are not exactly the same thing, but the purpose they are used for aren't all that far apart. It's not like they are calling the safety the trigger.

This seems to be the average "gun nut" in general...

Gun Noob: blah blah blah CLIP blah blah blah blah

Gun Nut Response:
User Image

rolleyes Seriously just calm down.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:01 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Seriously why is it always such a big deal when someone accidentally calls a magazine a clip? Sure they are not exactly the same thing, but the purpose they are used for aren't all that far apart. It's not like they are calling the safety the trigger.

This seems to be the average "gun nut" in general...

Gun Noob: blah blah blah CLIP blah blah blah blah

Gun Nut Response:
User Image

rolleyes Seriously just calm down.
Because is is NOT a clip. It's a MAGAZINE. A clip LOADS a magazine but is not a magazine in and of itself. It holds ammunition in place to LOAD one. So they are not near in use.  

uryu ishida

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:11 pm
uryu ishida
Because is is NOT a clip. It's a MAGAZINE. A clip LOADS a magazine but is not a magazine in and of itself. It holds ammunition in place to LOAD one. So they are not near in use.
I know the difference between the two so there is no need to explain that part to me. That's not what I am asking. What I am asking is why gun nuts make such a big deal over it. The media in general screws it up so people who pay attention to the media to learn something then make the mistake of calling it a clip then no matter how intelligent or polite or civilized their conversation was just because they said clip their "good" reputation or whatever is voided and they get flamed when they didn't know any better.

Seriously what the hell is so terrible about being mistaken? Are you going to flame them for other mistakes? Should someone have to understand everything about a gun inside and out before being allowed to discuss it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:01 pm
OberFeldwebel
Well...

cheer up.

Here's a picture that might make you feel better.

User Image

If not, there's always beer.

Clip
Clip
Magazine

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quiz!
1. Left is a;Mauser gewehr
2. Right is a;
SMLE MK2?  

Captain Bawwls

Captain Bawwls

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:03 pm
i think im wrong><  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:57 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
uryu ishida
I know the difference between the two so there is no need to explain that part to me. That's not what I am asking. What I am asking is why gun nuts make such a big deal over it. The media in general screws it up so people who pay attention to the media to learn something then make the mistake of calling it a clip then no matter how intelligent or polite or civilized their conversation was just because they said clip their "good" reputation or whatever is voided and they get flamed when they didn't know any better.

Seriously what the hell is so terrible about being mistaken? Are you going to flame them for other mistakes? Should someone have to understand everything about a gun inside and out before being allowed to discuss it?
THey should understand it's a MAGAZINE, all repeating firearms use a MAGAZINE. The media tries to make things sound SCARY, so they borrowed the "gangsta" term of clip, because that stupid sod who just shot his own balls off couldn't be bothered to say MAG.

It's like calling a Ford F150 a Corvette. Sure, they are vehicles, but the statement is NOT TRUE.

We call things by what they are.  

uryu ishida

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:28 pm
uryu ishida
Desert_Fox_Rommel
uryu ishida

THey should understand it's a MAGAZINE, all repeating firearms use a MAGAZINE. The media tries to make things sound SCARY, so they borrowed the "gangsta" term of clip, because that stupid sod who just shot his own balls off couldn't be bothered to say MAG.

It's like calling a Ford F150 a Corvette. Sure, they are vehicles, but the statement is NOT TRUE.

We call things by what they are.
Ok do I have to spoon feed it to you? It looks like I have to say it blunt and directly since you don't seem to get what I mean.

1. I know they are not the same thing. I know the difference between the two.

2. I know that many people are misinformed due to the media calling a magazine a clip.

3. My problem isn't people who get it wrong. My problem is not that you want people to know the difference. My problem is not that you want others to know the difference. My problem is how so many gun nuts make such a big deal about this misidentification of parts. I'm cool with you wanting someone who doesn't know the difference to know the difference. My problem is how when people talk about guns they say "clip" and that makes gun nuts freak out as if it were like some dumbass kid were pointing a gun at people to be a smartass. I have a problem with how it's like a mortal sin for someone to be mistaken and call a mag a clip. I have a problem with the word "clip" being the only thing that gun nuts take from a statement and make a big deal about it. My problem is the extremes gun nuts go through to achieve their "enlightenment" of gun noobs.

Gun nuts could take the clip/magazine as a side note while discussing whatever the topic of the statement is, but instead what I see every time is flameflameflameflameflame a mag is not a clip flameflameflameflameflame.

Do you get it? I know it's not the same. I know the differences. I understand you want them to know the difference. I'm just tired of the same old "omgitsnotaclip" bullshit that I see every single time.

I apologize for being rude about it, but seriously it gets old.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 pm
OK I GET IT><  

Captain Bawwls

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:01 pm
OberFeldwebel
Quiz!
1. Left is a;
2. Right is a;
Lee-Enfield manual reloading device. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:22 am
Pvt Sakuya
OberFeldwebel
Well...

cheer up.

Here's a picture that might make you feel better.

If not, there's always beer.

Clip
Clip
Magazine

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quiz!
1. Left is a;Mauser gewehr
2. Right is a;
SMLE MK2?

You over thought the problem.

I'm not too familiar with old stripper clips, but that clip appears to be loaded with .303 and the mag as well. So it must be a clip for the Enfield.

How about the media calling them 'Magazine Clips'?
I think I heard that after that shooting in the gun free zone mall.

Fresnel...
stare

lol  

OberFeldwebel

I am an eggplant
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:02 pm
Yay! Clips!

On another note...
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:39 pm
SierraBT
Yay! Clips!

On another note...
User Image

Why buy a block when you can own a Kahr?
Grats on that one!

Saw a Kahr 1911A1 today at Gander.
They wanted ~$550 for it.
Looked excellent though, curved grooved mainspring housing, wider hammer, and a nice parkerized finish.
Held it, like the curved one more than the flat my RI has.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:58 pm
SierraBT
Yay! Clips!

On another note...
User Image
A pocket pistol from Massachusetts? HOW DO THEY STILL OPERATE?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:11 pm
That threw me off too. You should see the pamphlet that came with it. rolleyes  

I am an eggplant
Crew

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:37 pm
SierraBT
That threw me off too. You should see the pamphlet that came with it. rolleyes
"Warning: product may cause serious injury or death if used improperly. Please consult the owner's manual and follow all applicable safety guidelines."

Close?  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games