Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Firearm n00bs: Post your links to them here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:37 pm
My little brother, being the ******** he is, seems to think that if we banned all guns outside of police and military use, we would all revert back to using swords and arrows. Yes, because we're going to go out and train for twelve years to swing a sword properly to defend ourselves in the event that a gangbanger with a sawed-off shotgun breaks in.

Though now that I think about it, taking out a shotgun-toting gangster with a claymore WOULD be pretty epic. Wonder if anyone's done it yet?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:46 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
OO23OO
Name: Zachary Wood
Gaian: Dusk001
Weapon of choice: Hunting knife, Heckler & Koch USP.40 (Handgun, 9mm semi.)
Roll in survival: Loner.

Really? Did I really just see that?
.40 isn't gangsta enough. Not even a Glock foh-tay.
Speaking of which, we watched the Lee Paige video in Criminal Justice II today.
Which is that, the black guy capping himself in the leg?
Yep!

And he also sued the DEA for allowing the release of the video.
PUBLIC PROPERTY, SHITHEAD. Isn't it wonderful when the Freedom of Information Act bites someone in the a**?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:47 pm
Requiem6661
My little brother, being the ******** he is, seems to think that if we banned all guns outside of police and military use, we would all revert back to using swords and arrows. Yes, because we're going to go out and train for twelve years to swing a sword properly to defend ourselves in the event that a gangbanger with a sawed-off shotgun breaks in.

Though now that I think about it, taking out a shotgun-toting gangster with a claymore WOULD be pretty epic. Wonder if anyone's done it yet?
It happened in Britain, except it was a revolver and a sheathed katana. The guy pulled a revolver on a pair of undercover, unarmed cops, and a guy jumped out of ******** NOWHERE with a sheathed katana, smashed the guy's wrist (breaking it, I think) and disappeared. They never caught the guy, but the bobbies beat the s**t out of the guy with the gun.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:27 pm
Fresnel
Requiem6661

It happened in Britain, except it was a revolver and a sheathed katana. The guy pulled a revolver on a pair of undercover, unarmed cops, and a guy jumped out of ******** NOWHERE with a sheathed katana, smashed the guy's wrist (breaking it, I think) and disappeared. They never caught the guy, but the bobbies beat the s**t out of the guy with the gun.
Ah, that's awesome. I guess that makes up for their confiscating a Trekkie's Klingon blade because "it could be used in an assault"!

Though I wonder why the hell the guy was walking down the streets with a katana in hand.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:19 pm
Requiem6661
Fresnel
Requiem6661

Ah, that's awesome. I guess that makes up for their confiscating a Trekkie's Klingon blade because "it could be used in an assault"!

Though I wonder why the hell the guy was walking down the streets with a katana in hand.
I think he lived in the apartment complex where it happened. Just... nobody saw his face, so nobody could pick him out from anyone else in the building. It was probably a large complex, IDK.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:46 pm
That guy should be nominated for asskicker of the year.
Also, is there one for having balls?  

Barru

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:01 am
Haha, I just found an unsourced quote on Snopes about the DEA cop who shot himself:

Quote:
Experts in the field said that the undercover agent should never have been videotaped because it could put the agent's life at risk.

"It puts a lot of undercover agents in jeopardy if their faces are videotaped," a masked agent told Local 6 News. "His identity is burned. His identity is known as a police officer and its a potential personal safety hazard to himself as well as his family members."

Maybe if undercover agents don't want to be made as cops, they shouldn't be giving public gun safety lectures REPRESENTING THE DEA, and with "POLICE" WRITTEN ON THEIR VEST.

Jesus ******** Christ, do these people have any brains at all? I mean, really.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:56 pm
Simple Wikipedia.

Quote:
The AK-47 was the first gun to use a method called Gas-operated reloading. When the bullet is moved down the barrel, a little bit of the gas behind the bullet is made to go up a small tube that pushes away the bolt. This is special because the person who is shooting the gun does not have to reload with their hand every time that they want to shoot - the gun reloads by itself.

M1 Garand? Srsly?

EDIT: Oh god, the whole frigging page is fail. Whoever wrote this hasn't even SEEN an AK, it's obvious.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:59 pm
Fresnel
Simple Wikipedia.

Quote:
The AK-47 was the first gun to use a method called Gas-operated reloading. When the bullet is moved down the barrel, a little bit of the gas behind the bullet is made to go up a small tube that pushes away the bolt. This is special because the person who is shooting the gun does not have to reload with their hand every time that they want to shoot - the gun reloads by itself.

M1 Garand? Srsly?

EDIT: Oh god, the whole frigging page is fail. Whoever wrote this hasn't even SEEN an AK, it's obvious.

Yeah wtf mate?

I've been hanging around some people at school and one group plays uh...
kind of a roleplaying game I forgot the name.
Anyway, this is supposed to be fantasy or whatever but still, I can't see how you could one hand an M60. But with strength 5 apparently you can.

Anyway, he also has P90s with 'silencers' and FN 5.7s that somehow use the same mags.
I pointed it out and he just said, "yeah, yeah, I know."

Later on something happened and in character he pulled out his 5.7 and cocked the hammer.
Wait what?
Where is it?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was going to point out that the 5.7 is hammerless but I didn't want to interrupt the game.

I did tell him however that certain ARs can get uppers that fire 5.7 ammunition in the P90 magazines and he kind of ignored me.

... whatever happened to that Russian guy with the Dragunovs?
I liked talking with him.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 pm
OberFeldwebel
Later on something happened and in character he pulled out his 5.7 and cocked the hammer.
Wait what?
Where is it?
It's right here:

User Image

Wait, that's the self-destruct lever. Never mind.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:42 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Wait what?
Where is it?
It's right here:

User Image

Wait, that's the self-destruct lever. Never mind.

see, i'm really intrigued with the 5.7...... And i wouldnt mind owning one.

then i see pictures like this, and it totally shatters my fragile little mind. D:  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:13 pm
I think if you just refrain from shooting reloads you'll be fine.  

OberFeldwebel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:08 pm
OberFeldwebel
Aside from 'kb from reloads and ammo availability I've never heard anything bad about the Five seveN. I would hope that FN wouldn't make total crap. I used to always hear about quality merchandise.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:11 pm
Fresnel
Simple Wikipedia.

Quote:

M1 Garand? Srsly?

6 months ago I would have been willing to believe the AK was the first gas operated gun since I had always thought an M1 was recoil operated. With the link being Wikipedia however the validity becomes void to me. As for the rest of it...

User Image  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:26 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Aside from 'kb from reloads and ammo availability I've never heard anything bad about the Five seveN. I would hope that FN wouldn't make total crap. I used to always hear about quality merchandise.
You wanna know the problem with the 5.7? There's a federal ban on steel core or AP pistol ammunition. 5.7x28 is considered pistol ammunition, but it was designed for penetration. Only two (!) brands make 5.7 ammo, FN and one other, I forget what it is. Anyhow, they're both JHP, which is s**t for penetration, voiding the purpose of the gun. You might be able to get bullets to make your own reloads, but... see above picture. That guy permanently lost feeling in three fingers and half his palm.

In short: it's not the gun, it's the government.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games