Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What type of goth are you? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what kind of goth?
  punk goth
  hippie goth
  skatergoth
  gothy goth
  i'm not goth
  GOLD LOVING GOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

Masquerade_PLUR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:01 pm
Graver. A goth that raves.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:36 pm
You know, I'd really love to see a post that says "I'm a Visigoth!" or something... xd

Overly literal answers are pretty funny sometimes.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:11 am
I'd have to say I'm a casual goth. I like to stand out, but just so much. I dress simply, but loud. And I listen to all sorts of music, but I'm mostly into symphonic metal. Stuff like Nightwish, Within Temptation, After Forever, and Lacuna Coil.

I don't go to crazy. At first glace most people wouldn't say "Oh she's so gothic" and I didn't really consider myself gothic until a little over a year ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:06 pm
I am also a goth that raves, but I have a punk side too. I'm a raving punk goth XD  

Dark_Style

Silent Manipulation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:02 pm
Sin_through_Existence
I don't really see what the big mental block is about hippie goths. From what I've observed, for better or worse, Goths are very political and know a lot about the political world. We're very certain about our beliefs, stemming from the fact that we're not sheeple by any stretch of the imagination and put a lot of thought into them. Plus, the only goths that follow mainstream anything are considered posers and not real goths by default.
I've seen everything from hyper-liberal goths to facist goths and everything in-between. A hippie goth would be the type of goth that takes their politics to the extreme.
It's seldom seen a more extreme politicaloid than a hippie, after all. mrgreen

that, or I'm rambling. I tend to do that a lot in this guild, it seems. >.>

Even though it's an old post, I want to clarify some things.

First of all someone isn't a hippie because they wear certain things or listen to certain music. So you just can't become a hippie as others have said. They are based on their attitudes and values. Here's a decent explanation:

"A gothic hippie is precisely what the name implies. The exact combination of goth and hippie can vary widely based on the individual. In general, A gothic hippie is someone who believes in peace and love, embraces and strives to be one with nature and a higher energy (often-times through the practice of Paganism or some other New Age activity). These people generally also have a fascination with history, particularly the Middle Ages and the Victorian era. They tend to have a dark and cynical sense of humor and take very little seriously except for major issues (peace, love, social rights, etc...).

Stylistically A gothic hippie can look like either a goth or a hippy or some combination in between (think tie-dyed t-shirt with black fishnet underneath it and long dark hair)"

That explanation just makes me feel like such a stereotype, but that's my two cents worth. 3nodding
But besides that I guess I'm a hippie goth with indie tendencies.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:49 pm
Where are the perky goths? confused  

AdrianaKitten

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:34 pm
i generally think of my self as a deathrocker though depending on the circumstances i could probably pass as a trad. goth, mopey goth, post-punk, hardcore goth, batcaver, no waver, art punk, dark punk, glam rocker, horror punk, someone who survived the electric chair, and god knows what else

i think most of the people i usually hang out with are ravers, punks, and DJs  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:26 pm
AEtherclaw
someone who survived the electric chair

rofl

how about just "wicked cool" ? can that be a type of goth too ?

I dunno if I ever posted in this thread. If I had to categorise myself, I'd say deathrocker, but I tend to dress more like a victorian goth most of the time. It depends on my mood.  

trampyre

Yurarai6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:19 am
Definently Punk.

But I have an Industrial touch to me as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:08 pm
I'm a snowflake goth, whatever the hell that means.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:56 pm
Truthfully...I have no Idea...I once took a test out of bordom though, it said I was a mopey goth(I think that's how you spell it) ....but if I had to take at guess at it myself...Emo/Goth that has her "SQEEE!!^^" moments...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:51 am
I'm a gothic lolita at heart.

But all in all, I'm probably more of a mix between Victorian, Wallflower, and Out-There goth.

Don't ask about terminology. That's just what I personally call them. I tend to lean toward the more elegant gothic stuff, but I also tend to just make myself shout out with what I do. Wallflower comes in when I'm in public. Just trying to stay in the shadows (figuratively).

Wish I could sew. Gothic Lolita is so CUTE!  

Bane Rie

Kazza Reaper

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:02 pm
Well, go not liking stereotypes! Let's see, people tend to label me as a romantigoth specifically because I have an obsession with corsets biggrin and skirts and boots, but that's probably not something anyone really cares about. So yeah, I don't like stereotypes, luckily I hang with the 'geeks and nerds and gamers' that only believe in that one label.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:22 pm
gothloli.
but im more of a sweet/punk gothloli than the darker kind.
actually, i think im a perky goth as well. haha.
so im a sweet perky-punky gothloli.
: D

Bakurish

Shifty lil Pixie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:59 am
I'd say I'm old-school goth. Think teased hair, thrift store clothes, and torn fishnets. I seriously look like something out of the 80's sometimes. xp  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff