Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:02 pm

ρandora horne
Herbology Professor
Head of Hufflepuff

User Image

Pandora watched as the new first years came in. Even though some memory of her own Hogwarts years had left her, the memory of her Sorting still remained fairly unsullied. She had wanted Hufflepuff from the moment she recieved her letter. Her mother had been a Hufflepuff, and it was said that the element of Earth was best suited for the Badgers. Something that would be best for the girl who would one day turn out to be one of the Herbology professors at the school she had once attended.

In the back of her mind, she wondered if any of the students would be joining her house. Since she decided to take the upper levels of Herbology, she hadn't really had much of a chance to see what the younger students were like. Now that she had recieved the distinction of being Head of Hufflepuff, she figured she would be seeing a bit more of them. The prospect of doing such a thing inspired a small feeling of fear within her, but it was a fear that motivated her. Why once she had been terrified of Devil's Snare! Now, she was quite unafraid of the plant. She had even helped her mother raise a variant of the deadly plant.

Looking at the staff table, Pandora smiled at her colleagues. She saw a few new faces amongst them. "Good evening," she said politely.
User Image

The hardest thing to be is true to oneself.
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:02 pm

User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick nodded towards the other professors, then at Professor Thorne. A familiar face, at least to him. He'd never formally met or been introduced to the Hufflepuff Head of House, but knew her name and face from the cursory research he'd done before signing on to professorship.

"Good evening, Professor Thorne," he said politely. "And to the rest of you, of course. I certainly think it will be a remarkable year here."

He turned his attention back to the first years. All so anxious. The school's perception of them could change in an instant, and forever cast them under the lens of their house. Red, blue, green, and yellow. Kendrick smiled faintly, remembering his years spent at the Ravenclaw table. Ah... but those years were behind him now. Now, he was responsible for teaching across all houses.

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:12 pm

ρandora horne
Herbology Professor
Head of Hufflepuff

User Image

Pandora was surprised that one of the new professors already knew her name. Could he be skilled at mind magic? She doubted it, as he seemed a bit too sane. The ones she had all met had been the antithesis of sane. "You'll have to excuse me, but have we actually met before?" the Herbology professor asked. She was quite curious. Perhaps he was a relative of a student she taught. There hardly is a boring year here,' Pandora thought to herself as she heard his comment.
User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:22 pm

User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick shook his head, extending his hand to her. "My apologies, we haven't formally met. My name is Kendrick Gavin, I am the new Wizard Law professor. I did my research before signing on, that's all. I look forward to working with you in the coming years."

He looked back around the table. There were still so many people to meet! Kendrick gave a little huff, dissatisfied. There was simply not enough time to meet them all, and not during such an important event. Over the course of his employment, he supposed, he would get to know them all.

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

MDaylus

Quotable Creature

12,400 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:39 pm

User Image

{{Art |Muggle Art Professor}}

User Image

Aleks slowly meandered into the great hall, right hand shoved in the black muggle slacks he wore, his other hand clutched an engraved silver flask that he was taking hearty swigs out of. Heading straight up the side of the long room towards the staff table, he heard murmurings from some of the older students who had never seen him before, either pondering about who he was, or speaking on his insistence on muggle garb. Not even glancing toward them, he rounded the corner of the staff table, raising his flask toward the other man who sat in muggle clothes before taking his seat.

Instantly grabbing his cup, he poured some of what was in the flask into the tea he had before saying anything. Leaning back in his seat with his now spiked drink, he finally seemed to take in his other professors. He had seen much of them, staying locked away in the art room to fix up the place to his liking. “Good ev’ning.” He said to those around him. Glancing at the little first years, he smirked. Hopefully Gryffindor would have a large showing this year.

God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:59 pm

User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas chuckled at the comments on how there is never a quiet year in Hogwarts. "Quite true my friends, quite true." he said as he watched the sorting Hmm what students will I have this year? he wondered as he sat there.

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Eraz Lupinuous
Instructor of Legilimancy
User Image

Eraz slipped into an empty seat quietly, leaning his staff against the wall behind him. It had been some time since he was actually here for an opening feast, and he hoped he wouldn't have to do something similar to what he had done last time. Roughing up those two who had been fighting might have been the right idea, but that didn't mean it was a popular one. He looked down the Staff table, realizing that there were professors who hadn't been here when he was last present, but considering the time that had elapsed he couldn't really say he was surprised.

He took a sip of the pumpkin juice that was provided and had to hide a look of distaste. There was a reason he stuck to water. The large wizard set the goblet down and laced his fingers together before wondering whether he would have any students this year, or if he'd be wandering around with nothing to do.

User Image
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:01 pm

ρandora horne
Herbology Professor
Head of Hufflepuff

User Image

"Pleasure to meet you Mr. Gavin. It's nice to see that you've taken the time to research. I didn't. Perhaps it was for the better though. Trial by error, eh?" Pandora replied with a smile, which was soon followed by a light giggle.
User Image

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:35 pm

User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick took a sip of water, making a face at Pandora's comment. "Forgive me, but as a trial lawyer, I find trial by error a concept difficult to put into practice," he said. It was true, serving on the Wizengamot had taught him not to be caught dead if he couldn't pay passage on the Styx.

"I can't fault you, though. Wizard Law is a relatively new addition to the Hogwarts course curriculum. I think I'll be lucky to have students."

Realizing he was being rude, he shook his head. "Please, I mean no disrespect. I haven't set foot in a classroom since graduating myself decades ago. I'm not entirely sure what I can expect, despite my best efforts to prepare."
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:50 pm

ρandora horne
Herbology Professor
Head of Hufflepuff

User Image

Pandora couldn't help but feel as though an interesting conversation was about to occur. That was something she wouldn't mind taking part in. "Ah, that is true. You cannot afford mistakes, meanwhile the advances in Herbology is simply a matter of making do with what happens," the professor agreed. She had known a lawyer or two, as they were the type who would try befriending her, only to discover she wasn't what they imagined.

The Head of Hufflepuff took a sip of wine as she listened to Kendrick go on. She never drank wine in excess, but this was a formal occasion. "There are bound to be a few who are interested. I really don't think you're being disrespectful. You're stating your mind. I've been teaching long enough to know when someone is being disrespectful. Most of the students are nice enough. Sometimes getting work out of them can be a pain, but it's rewarding. You'll see." Pandora smiled, recalling her own worried as a first time teacher.
User Image

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:21 pm

User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick listened intently. "Make no mistake. Law can just as easily become about going with the flow if you have a particularly vicious opponent," he said. "I suppose my job will be teaching these kids how not to put themselves in a position that requires them to do that."

He listened to Pandora talk about the students, thinking of all the preparation he had done for this term. Was it enough? "I do hope so. I'm not coming into this expecting a class full of ruffians, but I would like to think I've prepared for them all the same. Hopefully, though, those that want to cause trouble won't be pursuing a path in law to begin with."

Kendrick took another sip of his water. It was nice to speak with others. Education from the point of view of the educator was an unknown, mysterious new thing for him, as dispassionate as he might seem. He had to admit to himself that he was genuinely excited for term to start.
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:04 am

User Image
WHERE am I? Staff table HOW am I feeling? amused WHO am I with? Professors
User Image
As the great hall continued to be filled with students—sporting an array of emotions, from the nervous to the excited—Aiden began to get restless. He shifted in his seat impatiently as the very table he occupied became more and more lively, but it wasn't until he heard an unfamiliar ringing voice that he snapped out of his uncharacteristic stupor.

If there was one thing that could wash Aiden Gallagher's nerves away in an instant, it was a woman.

The lovely brunette, roughly about his age, was lost in conversation with a very professional-looking man who he had—through eavesdropping—ascertained to be the teacher of Wizard Law.

Again, while Aiden's knee-jerk reaction would have been to jump into the conversation with an attempt at charm and perhaps a stylish pick-up line or two, he stopped himself short. This was the dozenth time he had to remind himself to behave, and he was becoming entirely irritated with the idea of having to do so.

With a sigh that was now annoyed rather than nervous, he reached for his goblet of pumpkin juice, his lips turning down in dissatisfaction at the bland taste.
"Ugh... That's bloody awful," he complained under his breath as he reached under his waist band for a small, silver flask filled with his favorite pick-me-up. As he unscrewed the lid and poured a large splash into his drink, he caught sight of another man a few seats down—also laden in a muggle outfit—doing nearly the same thing.

Amused, Aiden chuckled loud enough for the other wizard to hear, and, gesturing to his own flask, commented in a velvety, but light, Irish accent.
"The sorting ceremony just ain't what it used t'er be, ey? Or maybe it's just m'eh that's changed." He winked at the man as he screwed the lid back onto his flask. "Either way, I reckon one thing's f'er sure. There wasn't a need t'er carry this" —he shook the container in is hand before tucking it out of sight— "around at eleven."

Eyeing the four long rows of seated students, Aiden took a large swig from his Hogwarts-crested goblet, remembering his own days at the Gryffindor table when his biggest care was how many people he would get to laugh at his next joke. Taking care of Hogwarts would undoubtedly hold more dire responsibilities, but at the moment, he preferred not to linger on that fact. He took another elongated glance at the woman to his right, re-considering his decision to make a move.

User Image
“Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and others have greatness thrust upon them.”

- William Shakespeare
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:27 pm

User Image

ʻHer bone structure screamsʼ

ʻTouch her! Touch her!ʼ

ʻAnd she's got the curse of curvesʼ

Katariina entered the great hall and took a look around. The students had just entered for sorting so the hall was getting quiet. Looking up at the table she got a surprise. One of her old house mates was sitting up there. With a sway in her step, she made her way up to the table and greeted the man. "Well well if it isn't Aiden Gallagher." Her hand on her hip, she pulled out the chair next to him and took a seat. "Don't suppose you remember little old me?"She asked with a small laugh. They had been in the same house but Aiden was 4 years above her. Granted that didn't stop Kat from having a little crush on the boy, he was quite the joker back then and she loved to laugh. Looking out her house was still going strong, They even had the head boy this year.

ʻI want someone provocative and talkativeʼ

ʻBut it's so hard when you're shallow as a showerʼ

ʻAnd from what I've heard with skin you'll winʼ

User Image
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:48 pm

ρandora horne
Herbology Professor
Head of Hufflepuff

User Image

The more experienced professor laughed. "Anything could be, given circumstances," she replied, glad to see that Kendrick was a reasonable type who would fight where there was nothing to be fought.

She eyed the sorting quickly. It seemed to be going fairly well from what she could tell. It mattered not to her which students were placed in her house so long as they would work hard, and perhaps contribute to winning the house cup. In the back of her mind, she hoped that any students that did get in were good at flying. Pandora did like a good Quidditch match now and then.

"I can't give you much advice on running your class other than to trust your insticts. And you'd be surprised the students you end up with. I hardly expect half my N.E.W.T. students to continue on, and those I expect never step into the Greenhouses after their O.W.L. exam!" Pandora said calmly.
User Image

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:13 pm

User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

"Hm. I suppose part of the fun of each year will be not knowing what to expect from the kids. They can be pretty good at surprises," Kendrick said dryly, also casting a cursory glance down at the Sorting. He had to admit, his heart swelled with a bit of pride and a residual memory of his own anticipation-turned-excitement when the Hat pronounced him a Ravenclaw.

"I have to say, I'm curious. How does one use instinct in Herbology?" he asked, immediately thinking of the more dangerous plants. What else but danger, he wondered, could contribute to governing a class on instinct rather than reason?
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games