Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Gardens Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:16 pm
User Image

Iñigo Albion-Alexandré
17Seventh YearRavenclawSeer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

He kept his eyes on Lexine as she drew, the girl seemingly getting lost in the venture. It was rather cute to see her working so hard really. Well, he usually got to watch her do it, but it was when she was studying and it just for whatever reason it had a different effect on him. Maybe it was because it was the nature of what she was doing. She was drawing him for a project so something about her working so hard on it really just was flattering really. However, he didn't get much conversation out of her during this time. All he got were fleeting glances from her, which was okay, but he also didn't know if she was listening if he spoke either. He of course didn't think any less of her however because he knew she took her artwork seriously and tended to really get into them.

Somewhere in between however, she, much to his happiness, heard him ask whether or not something was wrong. And unfortunately, it had to do with her drawing and the fact that she couldn't quite get the nose right. Touching his finger to nose for a second, he wondered what was so hard with drawing it, but really, noses in general were just a weird shape really. Nothing he could really do about that, despite wanting to make it easier for her. "I'm sure you don't suck. Noses are just a weird shape really," he said to her, a sympathetic look on his face. He wished he could do something, but really, he wasn't a metamorphagus; so changing his features...that was out of the question.

The silence began to linger again as the girl went back to her drawing. The silenced stayed its course until their conversation about what happened after school...to which he gave her a smile. He was surprised the girl had remembered him telling her about the Canary Islands. It had to be a good four years since he told her that. Looking to her with a smile, he nodded gently. "I'm surprised you remember that," he said to her, with a small chuckle. "But yeah, I suppose I'm lucky. My dad also said that he would extend the invitation to you if you'd like to go as well." He approached the subject with a bit of timidity, more because it would just be him and her and he hadn't a clue if she was okay with that. Mostly because the two usually spent time with each other around other people and on a vacation, well, it would just be them two. He still let her know that it was an open invitation. "And yes, the house is a family heirloom, but my father put it almost as bluntly as possible. He said, 'I'm not dead yet, go live your life.'" As he said it, he gave a little bit of a chuckle. The man was painstakingly and brutally honest all the time. But really, he'd rather his father be an honest man than a liar.

"Are you afraid of living alone, or is it more nervous?" he asked her out of curiosity. He kept a warm smile on his face, keeping the subject as lighthearted as possible.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

stitchkin babe

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
------c l α í r є------w í l s σ n------

♫ If you ever need someone to cry to ♪
♫ If you ever need someone to hold you ♪
♫ I will be there ♪
♫ Standing by your side ♪

------тнιrd----чєαr----нυғғlepυғғ------

Claire liked the gardens of the school, they were very peaceful and they seemed to hum with life, despite the silence. She liked to dance among the flowers, because they proved to be a good audience. The girl would also sing to the flowers, though her active singing voice didn't sound the best. Today, she was sitting in the garden and considering the flower, amazed at the intricate beauty of the flower.

♫ If you ever need someone ♪
♫ To just love you ♪
♫ To simply adore you ♪

------σ u t----σ f----c h α r α c t є r------

{Open for interaction}

SummerIsles

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:27 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Gardens
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxClaire
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBored
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

í'mmα t α k є чσur g r α n d p α ' s stчlє xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          í'mmα t α k є чσur g r α n d p α ' s stчlє xxxxxxxxx
                                                          nσ, f σ r r є α l, αsk чσur g r α n d p α xxxxxx
                                                          cαn í h α v є hís h α n d-mє-d σ w n s ? xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceKiki wasn't really sure what she was doing, exactly. Mostly, she was walking, but she was dancing and singing to herself while she walked, because she was bored out of her skull, so why the hell not? Balder and Ally were no where to be found, she figured Ally was having a introvert moment and hiding in her Common Room or something. Balder was probably with Sebastian somewhere, and she was sort of trying to find them, but the castle was huge and honestly if she found something to do before she came across the two boys she wouldn't mind. If she had a better idea of where Wren hung out when he wasn't in class, she'd probably hunt him down, since getting on his nerves was always entertaining, but that was a little to specific of a goal for her right now. She mostly just wanted something to fall in her lap.

spaceHer singing and dancing abruptly stopped when she noticed that she wasn't the only one wandering around the garden; an older girl she recognized from her house was sitting a few yards away from her, just staring at a flower. Kiki, being the nosy person she was, wanted to know what was so damn interesting, so she walked up behind the girl. "You staring because it's pretty, or did it like, do something?" she asked curiously. Hey, it was a valid question! This was a magic school, with magic plants. Some of them did stuff! Or maybe there was a bug... She didn't see a bug, though. Which was a shame, because bugs were pretty cool, and fun to watch. And funny to watch, because sometimes they did really stupid stuff. Her favorite pastime on the computer was looking up videos of bumblebees crashing into flowers and windows because they were fluffy uncoordinated doofs. Hilarious.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx í'm gσnnα p σ p sσmє t α g s
                                                          xxxxxx σnlч gσt t w є n t ч d σ l l α r s ín mч p σ c k є t
                                                          xxxxxxxxx í-í-í'm h u n t í n ', lσσkín' fσr α c σ m є - u p
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx thís ís f * c k í n g α w є s σ m є

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:36 pm

♫ If you ever need someone to cry to ♪
♫ If you ever need someone to hold you ♪
♫ I will be there ♪
♫ Standing by your side ♪

------тнιrd----чєαr----нυғғlepυғғ------

Claire heard someone singing in the garden and had glanced up, recognizing a girl from her house, so she'd returned to studying the flower. When she heard the voice near her, though, she jumped a little. Claire looked at the girl, a slightly amused look on her face. "Oh no, it's just really beautiful. There's a unique sense of beauty in flowers. All plants, really. I'm Claire. You're a Hufflepuff, right?" Most of the other houses didn't generally hang out in the gardens. It was something that was, in Claire's mind, a distinctly Hufflepuff trait. Not that she minded... too many people around the flowers might lead to them getting trampled and she might actually cry if that happened.

♫ To just love you ♪
♫ To simply adore you ♪

{...}

Cara MiaKitty

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:07 pm
User Image
User Image
𝑔𝓇𝓎𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝒹 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌

Kimberly and Kiley had taken the afternoon to wander around outside the castle. Well, mostly Kimberly, and Kiley had been dragged along with her. Still, the pair were enjoying themselves. It was beautiful outside, and it wasn't bad temperature-wise, for autumn in Scotland. "We should have brought some snacks or something with us," Kim told her sister, running up ahead of her. Kiley smiled, but shook her head. "We can go get snacks later. It's not like we're taking a hike through the Forbidden Forest or anything. The castle is right there, waiting for us," she replied, hanging back to watch her sister. She had always known that, despite being the younger twin, she would be the one of them to keep them both out of trouble, mainly her sister.

As they walked further into the gardens, Kimberly balancing on top of a low stone wall with Kiley strolling beside her on the ground, they soon found two other students. One of them was their best friend, Claire. It didn't surprise them at all to find the Hufflepuff girl here. She always loved flowers and gardens and the like. The other girl, though, was a year younger than them, but her name was escaping the both of them. All they knew was that she was in Claire's house. The Umber twins glanced at each other before heading over to chat with the two girls. "Hello Claire," Kiley greeted with a friendly smile, calmly standing next to her friend. Kimberly, on the other hand, came barreling over, wrapping the Badger in a tight hug. "Claire! Hi! Oh, and hi to you too!" she said, directing the last sentence at the other girl. Kiley swallowed a laugh and took the initiative to introduce herself and her twin. "Pardon us, we hope we're not intruding on your visit. I'm Kiley Umber, by the way, and this is my sister, Kimberly. We're in the same year as Claire," she said, gesturing between herself, her twin and her friend. Hopefully they hadn't interrupted anything important. She would feel horrible if they had. Kim would probably get over it pretty quickly, though.

She won't get off the phone. She won't leave me alone when I'm talking to that guy.
                                                              She can be a real nightmare. Gets me to do her hair, then says it never turns out right.
                                                              But when I put on a face, she can tell 'cause she knows me so well.
                                                              Closer than my closer friend, someone will be there 'til the end. My sister, sister.
                                                              Deeper than the deepest sea. No one loves you like your family. My sister, sister.

x x x x x

OOC: . . .

SummerIsles

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:00 pm

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪
♫ Like someone to save you ♪

------ғoυrтн----чєαr----нυғғlepυғғ------

Claire had gotten another letter from Rider, and it didn't seem like she was getting any better. The girl sniffled as she read the letter again, sitting in her favorite spot. Even the gardens weren't doing much to cheer her up. With an angry huff, the girl crumpled up the letter and threw it. Then she pulled her legs up to her chest and laid her head upon them. "She's never coming back, is she?" Claire whispered aloud. At first, she thought Rider just needed time, but it had been several months already. Even Lyall wasn't able to draw her back. Claire was beginning to lose hope that her sister would ever come out of this depression.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There]s undertow ♪
♫ And I don't want to lose you now ♪

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:58 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя Ɠяуffιηɗσя
Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя RανєηcƖαω
Sαɗιє

Colton led his brother outside, deciding to get them some fresh air. Sadie came along, though she wasn't wearing her work harness, so she was able to run around and play. Colton had even brought a frisbee. While they were playing, Connor froze, shushing his brother. There was someone talking. He scooted closer, before identifying the voice. It took a few seconds to match the voice to a person, but finally it clicked. "Claire?!" He then clicked his teeth together. She'd sounded sad, and now he seemed like a prat. Colton quickly hurried over and led his brother to the upset girl. "Claire! Are you okay?! You look so sad!" He pushed his twin into a sit, then sat on the other side of Claire. Even Sadie had come to investigate, the dog laying on Connor's feet and looking sadly at Claire.

Summer II

Wᴇ'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ. Oɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ
Wᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴏʀ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ
Fᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴏʟᴅ
Sʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ʙᴜʀsᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʟɪғᴇ
Lᴇᴛ's ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ ᴄᴀʀs ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅs
I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ
Iғ I ʟᴀʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ, Iғ I ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟᴀʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ

ƜσυƖɗ уσυ Ɩιє ωιтн мє αηɗ נυѕт fσяgєт тнє ωσяƖɗ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:03 pm

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪

She hadn't heard them enter, or Conner say her name, but she heard them as they approached her. She quickly wiped her eyes on her sleeve as they sat around her. "I'm fine," she lied. Some more tears seeped from her eyes and she heaved a heavy sigh. She couldn't lie to them... or anyone really. She needed help. Laying her head on her knees, she said, "This was a bad summer. My... my parents... and my sister... They were in a bad car wreck. My parents died. But my sister survived. She's been in a bad place since then." More tears came out and she began to sob. "I can't help her and I feel like I'm losing her." Claire began to cry harder, hoping that someone would hug her.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There]s undertow ♪

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя Ɠяуffιηɗσя
Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя RανєηcƖαω
Sαɗιє

Colton felt genuinely hurt when Claire so obviously lied about how she was feeling. As soon as his negative feelings bubbled up, they quickly vanished, leaving the boy looking sad for his friend. She'd lost her parents - and nearly her big sister - in a car accident? He felt his heart break as he tugged her into a tight hug. She carried on to say she felt like she was losing her sister too, and the elder twin simply hugged tighter. "Claire, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. No one should lose their parents young." Connor's voice broke the silence, the boy being even more somber than normal. He felt the ground until his fingers touched Claire's hip, then he carefully moved his hand upward until he was able to awkwardly pat her shoulder. He still wasn't one to give many hugs... Colton, however, made up for his brother's shyness by hugging more. "Oh, Claire! I don't know how I'd live if any of my family got hurt! You poor dear! Oh if you need anything you just ask and we'll help!" The older boy broke into sobs, hugging Claire. She was too sweet to have something so horrible happen to her.

Summer II

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:33 pm

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪

Claire rocked with more sobs, but the boys' comforting gestures helped her a lot. She sniffled and wiped her nose on her sleeve. "On top of all that, my cat died while we were at the hospital. She was very old though." She sniffled again and blinked some of the tears out of her eyes, then laid against Colton. "I feel powerless to help Rider. I... I need help too." Claire chewed on her lip, then sighed, her sobs slowing. "You two are the first ones I've told. I... I didn't want anyone babying me."

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There]s undertow ♪

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя Ɠяуffιηɗσя
Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя RανєηcƖαω
Sαɗιє

Colton gasped when Claire added that her cat had died. It was a very terrible summer for her indeed. The older boy hugged the girl again, feeling a lump in his throat. He carefully pet her hair, hoping to comfort her like he did his little sister. Connor bowed his head, thinking quietly. "Perhaps she just needs time. They say 'time heals all wounds', right?" He slid his hand down her arm, then rested it in his lap. Colton nodded, then added, "And we'll be here to help you feel better too. And I'm sure your other friends will say the same. We just want to see you all happy again, but until then, we'll be sad with you, if you need it." He hugged the girl again, feeling good about helping her. "Thank you for trusting us, Claire. As Colton said, we're here for you." And they would be. They'd already decided she was one of their friends, so she would be kept in heart by both the boys.

Summer II

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:35 pm

♫ Honesty ♪
♫ Is what you need ♪
♫ It sets you free ♪

Claire wiped her eyes again and smiled for the first time in several months. "Thanks guys. I appreciate you being here for me." She nodded and pulled a tissue out of her pocket to blow her nose. "It's been really hard, but knowing that I'm not alone here really helps." She offered another small smile. There had been this heavy weight sitting on her chest, and now that she'd spoken to the boys, it felt a lot lighter. Maybe if she talked to her other friends, instead of avoid them, that weight would continue to get lighter. Claire breathed a small sigh. Even breathing felt easier with the weight off her chest.

♫ Let it go ♪
♫ But hurry now ♪
♫ There]s undertow ♪

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:17 am
User ImageUser Image

Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя Ɠяуffιηɗσя
Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя RανєηcƖαω
Sαɗιє

Colton smiled with a wobbly lower lip when Claire smiled for the first time since he'd seen her this year. She thanked them, so the elder of the twins blushed and nodded furiously. "It's okay 'cause that's what friends are for and I know if we're ever upset you'd be there to make us feel better so we've gotta help you through your sad times!" He sniffled, wiping his nose on his arm, before returning to hugging Claire. She was just so sweet. When he let go, she said that knowing she wasn't alone helped, so he grinned. Connor seemed lost in thought, the younger boy flddling with his glasses and hair. He wasn't one for the sad, sappy stuff going on. He didn't even have his brailler out! After tugging on his hair again, he tilted his head a bit toward them. "Don't... don't worry about it. We're... here to talk." He pondered, then dug through his bag to get his brailler, which he started clicking away on.

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:36 am
User Image
I don't have time for dancin'
That's just gonna have to wait a while
Ain't got time for messin' around
And it's not my style...

Calliandra settled onto the ground, absently tucking her hair behind one ear. She had found living in a single building, even one as large as Hogwarts, difficult. There was always someone around, even when she wanted some time alone. Other girls were in the dorm, other students in the common room. There were even other people in the library! Calliandra opened her potions textbook. Over the last couple of days, she had read everything that she thought someone might want to ask her about in all of her forthcoming classes, but potions was fascinating, and she wanted to learn more. Silently she opened the book to the dark purple bookmark she had left in it the night before and settled in to read.

And I'm almost there
I'm almost there
People down here think I'm crazy
But I don't care...

OOC: Feel free to interact with Calliandra.
Company: Alone
Wearing:Slytherin Robes
Thinking: Some privacy to read, at last.

Caedmon68

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:22 pm
You fall through the trees,
And you pray with your knees on the ground.
For the things that you need...
With your lust and your greed weighing down.
And you weaken your love,
And you hold it above your head.
Success is a song of the heart, not a song of your bed!

User Image
D O N E L L A
O L W E N
B R O W N

hufflepuff │ first year │ halfblood

Donella headed out to the gardens as soon as she had the time. Which took longer than she had expected, since her first few weeks of school had mostly consisted of trying to find her way around the castle, and making sure she was getting all her homework done. Now that she finally had a bit of free time, outdoors it was. She hated being cooped up indoors, as much as she was enjoying all her classes. And besides, she needed to document what had changed in the gardens since her parents had attended! Camera in hand, she wandered through the maze-like gardens, in a rush to get pictures of everything before autumn well and truly set in. There was already that crispness to the air she loved. She did miss sitting around the fire at this time of year, while her da told ghost stories that made her laugh in glee and Billy cling to Mam in fright. Turning a corner, she came to a halt at the sight of a girl from her year, one of the Slytherins, reading. Not sure if the girl had seen her or not, but not wanting to be rude, Donella smiled. "These really are lovely gardens, aren't they? I can't believe how many different varieties they have growing here."

OOC:
Caedmon68

And we all still die, yeah, we all still die-
What will you leave behind, oh, we all still die...
Marching away from the stream;
This tree, it will die without leaves.
This tree, it will die, this tree, it will die.
And we all still die, yeah, we all still die-
What will you leave behind, oh, we all still die...

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff