Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:56 pm
It's not in Ep. II...it's hiding in the Unknown Regions...and yes it will...I'll hash out more ideas later...and besdes, the 505th is *mine* not Stellars. The Yeard they're stealing is ex GAA too, and not in use by the Empire.

Plus he's gonna have a lot more experienced hands helping him...he's not the only officer there XP  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:11 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
It's not in Ep. II...it's hiding in the Unknown Regions...and yes it will...I'll hash out more ideas later...and besdes, the 505th is *mine* not Stellars. The Yeard they're stealing is ex GAA too, and not in use by the Empire.

Plus he's gonna have a lot more experienced hands helping him...he's not the only officer there XP

Yeah, but you run dangerously close to the type of spawning that EK was fond of using.
The fact that its in the Unknown regions means that the Chiss will find you out almost certainly, and once the Chiss find you, the Imps will catch wind and send someone to ruin your day.
I'm just laying it out there what might happen. It may seem like i'm being a hard a** on you, but what I'm most worried about is Game Balance for everyone else.
Freya gets an excuse to have a fleet of some size.
You are signifigantly lacking one.
I'll discuss the practicallity of your little pocket fleet with you later, for I'm going to grab some food.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:11 pm
A legion is not the same as a fleet though.

You have ground forces. But nobody currently in your "legion" is someone who can aptly crew a captial ship.

Two different fights, two different kinds of soldiers. And going up against a bothan and a sector fleet with a bunch of stormies will only destroy your plans.

And while you're "taking" the fleet with them, you realize that the only parts even "associated" with the 505th are the transport ships, not the battlecruisers.

Otherwise, you're stealing an entire force from the imperials without any prior propaganda or agreement, which is like EK creating 100,000 clones during an invasion of wayland.

They just had an entire legion go AWOL. Did anyone miss anything? The Imps are already tipped off, and would quickly come hunting.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:19 pm
Man have the size legions been inflated or what! A legion is the Imperial equivalent of a regiment or battalion... translation: they only have between 2,000 and 4,000 members including support personnel.

A Star Destroyer carries between 4-8 Legions standard. You're not going to have any ships permamently assigned as organic transport for a legion, except maybe a small worn out star frigate.  

stellarmagic

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:09 pm
Ahh, there my freidn you are wrong. Battalions have 820 Troopers, and Regiments have 4000. Legions have 20,000. Not countine Support Staff.

Anyway!

The idea is that the fleet supporting the 505th, the 457th, its fleet and the remnant of the GA's 5th fleet all come into agreement. The 5th fleet comes, and scuttles some of its damaged ships, while the 505th's Fleet does the same. They then destroy a couple of useless platforms, hypering the rest (The Shipyards) out. The base by that point has been stripped of anything useful, and the 5th Fleet orbiatal bombards it, making it look like the Core Fleet has made it out rimward, and is marauding.

The process is repeated with the 457th.

Also, the 5th is on the otherside spinward of the Chiss Ascendancy, in a system that is unknown except to the survivors of the 300th Pathfinders, which ended with Calgar. Discovery can come in ch.3, however any Chiss charas in Ch.2 can start investigating rumors of a military force in the Unknown Regions, while the Sith forces hunt the Core Fleet in the rim...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:47 pm
At last, I finally remember to write my Guide entry. I hope this is as good in practice as it is in theory. Constructive criticism welcome. Feel free to point out any things that need pointing out. Lastly, I am aware that Tip #3 contradicts Tip #1. That's the point.

Entry Number: Thirty-twelve
Subject: Time Travel Rules for the Quantum Impaired
Image: Can't find a good one.

At some point in your meager existence, you may find yourself stuck in another period in time. This may be willfull, via a mishap with a physically improbable time machine, or maybe you just had to try out Force Lightning on the wrong household appliance (toasters are especially unstable). Here are a few basic pointers to make sure you get the most out of your experience while causing as little damage as possible to the inner machinations of the universe.

The First Rule of Time Travel: DON'T. Only under three conditions should you attempt time travel: 1) to prevent a catastrophe, 2) to stop damage to the space-time continuum, or 3) because you really, really want to.

Tip #1: If you are in the past, refrain from sexual activity with anyone. Nothing is worse than becoming your own ancestor. Not only does it create a lot of confusion, but it makes geneology into an excersize in futility. If you are in the future, feel free to sleep with whomever you feel like. I mean, who gives a s**t if your newly-conceived offspring becomes the worst tyrant the universe has ever seen? You won't live to see it happen anyway, assuming you return to your home time.

Tip #2: One of the best things to do, assuming you can travel freely through time, is to set up a bank account. Set one up a few thousand years before your birth and deposit a small amount of money inside. Then, travel through the future to the day before the bank you deposited the money in collapses or shuts down. Withdraw your money, plus interest, and you should be on the gravy train for life.

Tip #3: Lastly, try to avoid thinking of the consequences of your actions. For example, let's say Jar-Jar really annoyed you. If you remove him from the timeline, you erase the reason you travelled there in the first place, therefore, you didn't travel there in the first place, therefore, Jar-Jar Binks is still alive, and therefore, dead. Thus, you nullify your own actions. Either that, or you ******** up the timeline in such a way that it really makes no difference. It is for this reason that the study of time travel repercussions has been banned from most of the galaxy's major universities. Except for the Nal Hutta University, but then again, the faculty there is generally too stoned to be aware of their names, let alone their teaching careers. Building a college on a planet that ships narcotics as its main economic source was a wonderfully shortsighted idea. Stupid Hutts.

These rules should be useful in quantum-heavy situations, but be warned. The Guide staff takes no responsibility for loss of life, limb, soul, or existence through time travel. All losses are therefore your own problem, and should be treated as such (i.e., by sending the writer of this article money).  

Count of Moogi Cristo

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:22 pm
Moogi wins an internet!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:37 am
PaulTheWolf5575
Ahh, there my freidn you are wrong. Battalions have 820 Troopers, and Regiments have 4000. Legions have 20,000. Not countine Support Staff.

Partially wrong there.

According to your numbers, the GAR would have been well over 10 million troopers, in sheer clone troopers alone, not including subgroupings.

Everyone knows the GAR barely went over 3 million.

So one of the figures is wrong. And The GAR's total complement was 3 million, specifically stated in "Shatterpoint". So we know that's correct.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Count of Moogi Cristo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:36 am
PaulTheWolf5575
Moogi wins an internet!

I take it you liked it?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:44 am
GAR Battalions were much smaller

I quote
" A single battalion consisted of 820 soldiers—whereas a battalion of Galactic Republic clone troopers was comprised of only 576 men."

From this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:53 pm
We're not talking battailions, we're talkin' legions.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:06 pm
Smaller Battalion means Smaller Regiment means Smaller Legion  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:04 pm
Paul?
Shut the ******** up.
You dont get a fleet.
Period.
You're just one more Imperial Knight with a price on his head.
Not Thrawn.
Not ever.
So suck it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:41 pm
Cale, honestly, I've been trying work with you and respect you as an admin and all that but I think I've had ******** YOU!

You are the biggest a*****e in this guild. You are a jackass to everybody in this guild without provocation nor reason.

I don't want to Arch to be Thrawn. I want him to be Archaras Seraphim.

And how did Cale get his fleet? Right he created a whole bunch of NPCs who joined him.

Gotcha.

So get ******** Cale. Maybe then you'll loosen up a bit.

Maybe if you were just a tad nicer we'd have a better join-reg ratio. But hey, you obviously don't give a s**t.  

PaulTheWolf5575

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:48 pm
Pwned!  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games