Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Prequel Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:38 pm
elvisnake
Well, you don't actually see him, but you hear his voice, in a definite "Run, Luke Run!"-esque situation, except that he stays around longer and has a conversation. He talks to Obi-Wan in Mos Eisley in Dark Lord, which took place right after RotS. He basically told Obi the answer to the question I'd been asking since I saw the film, why in the Galaxy putting Luke on Vader's home planet, with his relatives, and not even changing his last name wasn'tthe dumbest idea ever come up with. The explanation isn't that great, but it works.

Okay, I take it I REALLY need to get Dark Lord.

What's the main story?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:43 pm
Another one? Ok, let's see...
At Order 66, one of the clone commanders decides to defy the order, and spares their lives. Meanwhile Vader bitches about how uncomfortable the suit is. These Jedi escape, after Vader kills one in a duel. Meanwhile Vader Bitches about his lost ability to fight worth a damn. These Jedi meet more, and form a pseudo-rebbellion with some smugglers. Meanwhile Vader Bitches about invading Kashyyyk. The imps take the Wookees over, to get slave labor for the Death Star. (Chewie Cameo!), and one of the Jedi masters dies in a fight with Vader. The pseudo-rebbellion splits up, (One of them joins the engineers, and purposefully designed flaws into crap, may explain the easy death star kill.), and Vader is paired up with Tarkin, who is at the moment just a Regular Moff, while Obi-wan stalks Beru and Baby luke while shopping. He talks to ghost-Qui-gon after he hears that Vader survived, and the book ends.  

elvisnake

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:44 pm
Worth picking up?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:46 pm
In Dark Lord, Vader is more or less coming to terms with being in the suit after being pwnz0red by Obi Wan. It also effectively bridged the gap with the two trilogies, as there's a scene where Vader has a couple of clone pilots chase Roan's ship with him, before said ship gives them the slip, among other things. Of course, we also have a few moments of Vader being Emo Boy about Padme and Obi Wan. Also, the relationship between Vader and Tarkin is cemented.
Did we also mention another kickin' battle on Kashyyk?  

Nina Halford

elvisnake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:47 pm
I'd say so. The writing quality is pretty good, while not near Zahn quality, but who can be? Also, it ties up a bunch of the loose ends left from the end of RotS, and we get to see cameos from Chewie, R2, 3P0, and Babies Luke and Leia. 3P0 also mentions programming Binary Load lifters, which in and of itself raises it by at least one cool point.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:48 pm
That sounds like something I'd like to read.

Isn't it by Luceno?

I'm not a fan of his, his NJO duology was...bleh.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nina Halford

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:50 pm
Yes. Dark Lord is excellent.
Can't say I'm familiar with Luceno's other work, but I feel he did a good job with DL.
Elvis, you also bring up a few excellent points, as well. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:51 pm
Well, I'll probably go get that.

Too bad school is starting.

I'm so bad, the only book I read over summer was Outbound Flight.  

FrozenPhoenix32

elvisnake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:51 pm
*Runs upstairs to check* Yeah, it is. Well, if you're sceptical, check it out at a library, and if you deem it worth a reread, then buy it. If not, you have us to rant to.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:31 pm
My library just sent me a notice saying it came in.  

FrozenPhoenix32

JRay18

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:26 pm
Jamie Kirkpatrick
Can't say I'm familiar with Luceno's other work, but I feel he did a good job with DL.
He also wrote Labyrinth of Evil, the prequel to Ep. III  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:29 pm
Darth_Sauerkraut
Jamie Kirkpatrick
He also wrote Labyrinth of Evil, the prequel to Ep. III

I've seen that around, as well, and have wondered if I should consider picking it up. 3nodding  

AFK Masturbating

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:50 pm
Oh, it's an ep III prequel? I might check it out...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:03 am
Man, I wish I had time to read for myself. I still haven't had time to finish "Dark Force Rising". All these books sound really good. But lately, I've had to read/analyze/disect books for my stupid "AP Language Arts" class (said with as little excitement and as much disgust as possible). They're either about Holocaust/Jew stuff, or Black vs. White people/racial crap . I'm really tired of it. (I apologize for offending anyone).

But in all seriousness, I'm making a list of must read books. biggrin  

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:16 am
Aanika_Phaeton
Man, I wish I had time to read for myself. I still haven't had time to finish "Dark Force Rising". All these books sound really good. But lately, I've had to read/analyze/disect books for my stupid "AP Language Arts" class (said with as little excitement and as much disgust as possible). They're either about Holocaust/Jew stuff, or Black vs. White people/racial crap . I'm really tired of it. (I apologize for offending anyone).

But in all seriousness, I'm making a list of must read books. biggrin

I picked up several books the other day, both Star Wars and otherwise. ^_^;;  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games