Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:59 pm

That's pretty much why I'm wary of stepping into an RP or the mod office. ._. As well as the general "Hey, look! It's the over-extended rookie mod!!!1! lololol!!!" thing that seemed to be prevalent at the time, and worrying over approving/denying the wrong things at the wrong time. When the s**t hits the fan on your watch, you're less than inclined to go back to what caused it. ._.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:01 pm

Johnny Malone
Good Evening folks! What's going on?

Chapter 2 is up.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:01 pm

Its when s**t hits the fan that a moderator's capacity is tested. Anyone can lead the best to victory. Its those that can whip the worst into something good that are revered for their efforts.

@ Johnny: Not much, chapter 2?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:06 pm

Chapter 2, hmm... I will be busy tommorow for sure and Saturday will probably be the same. But I should get something done this weekend and then I will start posting with regularity. I have a plan.... sort of.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:13 pm

Johnny Malone
Chapter 2, hmm... I will be busy tommorow for sure and Saturday will probably be the same. But I should get something done this weekend and then I will start posting with regularity. I have a plan.... sort of.

Dont just be blowing smoke now.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:05 am

All I did was open a new tab, a blank one at that.

It doesn't even load the " You opened a new tab. " thing it normally does and then all of IE crashes on me and won't close down so I have to reboot my whole damn computer.

If it ever comes down to Vista or no other Windows OS, I'm going to Linux. I'm getting tired of these random crashes.

Hell, I've been in SL and it says SL isn't responding when all it was is that it took 2 more seconds to load and then everything's fine.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 am

Jeeze.
Thats horrid.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:33 am

A friend of mine told me of this really zealous Christian friend of hers who thinks marriage is ONLY about having kids, not at all dealing with love, because it's God's wish to " be fruitful and multiply. "

So, she wanted me to help by finding Bible verses that show that he's not seeing the big picture, so I'm copy/pasting stuff back and forth.

It could be worse though. He could've been the type that does nothing but preach damnation to everyone and everything. sweatdrop

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:46 am

Darkened Angel
A friend of mine told me of this really zealous Christian friend of hers who thinks marriage is ONLY about having kids, not at all dealing with love, because it's God's wish to " be fruitful and multiply. "

So, she wanted me to help by finding Bible verses that show that he's not seeing the big picture, so I'm copy/pasting stuff back and forth.

It could be worse though. He could've been the type that does nothing but preach damnation to everyone and everything. sweatdrop

Oh, I'd like nothing more than to smack the piss out of folks like that. ._. I think I once saw that debate somewhere in the childfree guild. If I somehow manage to find anything pertinent, want me to copy/pasta it?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:46 am

Marriage is many different things to many different people.
You wont find enough stuff in the bible to convince said Christian that love is part of marriage, and even if you did he will not accept it.

Your best bet is to simply take said Bible and start beating him over the head with it until he get amnesia and then you can reprogram him.
That or have him figure it out the hard way.
If you can, you should probably find a priest who supports your view and have them explain it to said Christian. They know the bible better than anyone, especially bible thumpers.

Sol Walker
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:03 am

I've already found like 20 different verses that all more or less state that love is the very building block of Christianity in itself, and a few point out that the love must be sincere, not just because you're supposed to, you have to mean it as well, etc.

And I'm still finding more.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:05 am

But how do they pertain to marriage?

Regardless of what you find, Bible Thumper will be able to offer a counterpoint.

Sol Walker
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:30 am

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.

Col 3:19 Husbands, love [your] wives, and be not bitter against them.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:40 am

You're trying to convince the wrong person here. I already believe in love.

i'm just saying that guys like him are rather thick headed.

And while we're throwing bible verses around, Pash wants me to put up one of his favorites:

Judges 3:16-23

Now Ehud had made a double-edged sword about a foot and a half long, which he strapped to his right thigh under his clothing. He presented the tribute to Eglon king of Moab, who was a very fat man. After Ehud had presented the tribute, he sent on their way the men who had carried it. At the idols near Gilgal he himself turned back and said, "I have a secret message for you, O king."
The king said, "Quiet!" And all his attendants left him.

Ehud then approached him while he was sitting alone in the upper room of his summer palace and said, "I have a message from God for you." As the king rose from his seat, Ehud reached with his left hand, drew the sword from his right thigh and plunged it into the king's belly. Even the handle sank in after the blade, which came out his back. Ehud did not pull the sword out, and the fat closed in over it. Then Ehud went out to the porch; he shut the doors of the upper room behind him and locked them.

Sol Walker
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:06 am

You asked how it pertained to marriage, so I posted the relevant verses.

Yeah, Ehud's big deal was he was a left-hander in a world where everyone was right-handed and even thought you were supposed to be right-handed or something was wrong with you, etc.

There's others too. Personally, I like Samson's story. The original one-man-army who opened a 10 gallon jug of whup a** on the Philistines.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games