Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Firearm n00bs: Post your links to them here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:57 pm
Yesterday a coupe kids in my home room tried to discuss with me the capability of nuclear bullets. Yeah, it started out simple enough talking about small nuclear weapons and nuclear artillery shells. Then they went to bullets, tried to explain to them its not possible and told them if they wanted explosions they are better off with a shotgun and gernade rounds. And his reply to that caused a few brain cells to die so i cannot recall it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:15 pm
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
I think if you just refrain from shooting reloads you'll be fine.
Aside from 'kb from reloads and ammo availability I've never heard anything bad about the Five seveN. I would hope that FN wouldn't make total crap. I used to always hear about quality merchandise.
You wanna know the problem with the 5.7? There's a federal ban on steel core or AP pistol ammunition. 5.7x28 is considered pistol ammunition, but it was designed for penetration. Only two (!) brands make 5.7 ammo, FN and one other, I forget what it is. Anyhow, they're both JHP, which is s**t for penetration, voiding the purpose of the gun. You might be able to get bullets to make your own reloads, but... see above picture. That guy permanently lost feeling in three fingers and half his palm.

In short: it's not the gun, it's the government.
ONLY JHP? I could swear I've seen FMJ, and it STILL isn;t that bad with penetration. I think the Box O' Truth did a test of it, possibly.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:09 am
uryu ishida
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Aside from 'kb from reloads and ammo availability I've never heard anything bad about the Five seveN. I would hope that FN wouldn't make total crap. I used to always hear about quality merchandise.
You wanna know the problem with the 5.7? There's a federal ban on steel core or AP pistol ammunition. 5.7x28 is considered pistol ammunition, but it was designed for penetration. Only two (!) brands make 5.7 ammo, FN and one other, I forget what it is. Anyhow, they're both JHP, which is s**t for penetration, voiding the purpose of the gun. You might be able to get bullets to make your own reloads, but... see above picture. That guy permanently lost feeling in three fingers and half his palm.

ONLY JHP? I could swear I've seen FMJ, and it STILL isn;t that bad with penetration. I think the Box O' Truth did a test of it, possibly.
They'll sell you Lead Free, plastic-tipped Sporting, Blanks, and Dummies. Everything else is LE only.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:16 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

They'll sell you Lead Free, plastic-tipped Sporting, Blanks, and Dummies. Everything else is LE only.
Funny...

FN isn't the ONLY place that manufactures 5.7x28.
And the KB! you're touting is a DOUBLE CHARGE, which MANY models and calibers will KB! with a double charge of powder. There are many shooters of the 5.7x28 cartridge who successfully reload. There were reloading tables even when it first came out, though it was only the original factory loading (TrueBlue powder), and there are other loading options now. Generally, it's 7 grains of powder, give or take a grain, under STANDARD .224" bullets between 28 to 62 grains in weight.

There is no federal ban in all my knowledge. I guess all those 7N auctions and auctions for lots of 5.7AP ammo are all completely illegal. There is no law banning possession.
FN just simply decided to only sell to LEOs.

Mmmm, ballistic-tipped goodness.
Hornady, FN, Elite Ammunition, and then STANDARD .224" bullets and generally 7gr of powder in a used case. You can even use normal or magnum pistol OR rifle primers.

As well, as use for personal defense, you would WANT JHP over FMJ.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:18 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Funny...

And the KB! you're touting is a DOUBLE CHARGE, which MANY models and calibers will KB! with a double charge of powder. There are many shooters of the 5.7x28 cartridge who successfully reload. There were reloading tables even when it first came out, though it was only the original factory loading (TrueBlue powder), and there are other loading options now. Generally, it's 7 grains of powder, give or take a grain, under STANDARD .224" bullets between 28 to 62 grains in weight.

There is no federal ban in all my knowledge. I guess all those 7N auctions and auctions for lots of 5.7AP ammo are all completely illegal. There is no law banning possession.

Hornady, FN, Elite Ammunition, and then STANDARD .224" bullets and generally 7gr of powder in a used case. You can even use normal or magnum pistol OR rifle primers.

First of all, who says it was a double charge? The shooter claims the FiveseveN fired out of battery, and he's the only one who'd be able to diagnose the problem definitively.

Second, FNH owns a patent on 5.7 ammo. I don't believe anyone is supposed to be able to sell 5.7 subsonic, tracer, or AP ammo to civvies.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:11 pm
User Image  

I am an eggplant
Crew

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:05 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel

Funny...

First of all, who says it was a double charge? The shooter claims the FiveseveN fired out of battery, and he's the only one who'd be able to diagnose the problem definitively.

Second, FNH owns a patent on 5.7 ammo. I don't believe anyone is supposed to be able to sell 5.7 subsonic, tracer, or AP ammo to civvies.
Depends, because the shooter doesn't always know all. otherwise, there wouldn't be a need for internet learning and gunsmiths wink
Even .22LR can cause massive damage to the gun and shooter if fired out of battery. In fact, it HAS happened before, one of the Ruger Mark series, IIRC, and the top of the receiver was severely damaged and fragments of bullet and receiver were embedded in the shooter's hands. Now compare something of significantly higher pressures, in a POLYMER frame, and increased damage is expected.
You're the one who brought up reloads, pointing out the picture of a supposed out-of-battery shot, which would be COMPLETELY unrelated.
KB!ing is not exclusive to any firearm.

Sauce?
Guess all those reloaders are down the shitter.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:33 am
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Funny...

Depends, because the shooter doesn't always know all. otherwise, there wouldn't be a need for internet learning and gunsmiths wink
But he knows more than anyone else, especially if the gun is no longer shootable.
Quote:
Even .22LR can cause massive damage to the gun and shooter if fired out of battery. In fact, it HAS happened before, one of the Ruger Mark series, IIRC, and the top of the receiver was severely damaged and fragments of bullet and receiver were embedded in the shooter's hands. Now compare something of significantly higher pressures, in a POLYMER frame, and increased damage is expected.
You're the one who brought up reloads, pointing out the picture of a supposed out-of-battery shot, which would be COMPLETELY unrelated.
How is that unrelated? Guns are not supposed to fire out of battery. A gun that does is poorly designed and dangerous. If the shooter was wrong and it was a hot load, oh well. If he was right though, and it fired out of battery, it's a sign of a bad design.

Quote:
Sauce?
/k/. Guy wrote up a whole three-post tirade (posts have a word limit) on why the FiveseveN was a shitty gun for civilians.

Just because they own a patent doesn't mean they don't allow private reloading. They just don't allow AP to be manufactured for and sold to civilians.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:34 am
SierraBT
User Image
gonk

Oh god, what picture was that in reference to?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:07 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
Funny...

But he knows more than anyone else, especially if the gun is no longer shootable.
Quote:
How is that unrelated? Guns are not supposed to fire out of battery. A gun that does is poorly designed and dangerous. If the shooter was wrong and it was a hot load, oh well. If he was right though, and it fired out of battery, it's a sign of a bad design.

Quote:
Sauce?
/k/. Guy wrote up a whole three-post tirade (posts have a word limit) on why the FiveseveN was a shitty gun for civilians.

Just because they own a patent doesn't mean they don't allow private reloading. They just don't allow AP to be manufactured for and sold to civilians.

Let's see: MANY firearms are capable of firing out of battery due to small technical problems, either from design or negligent care, and you take this ONE INSTANCE of an OOB to say the design is Dangerous? Never buy a MarkIII or THOUSANDS of other guns, because they can and have catastrophically malfunctioned. ONE INSTANCE of a catastrophic malfunction, and the design is unsafe?
Guess that makes your beloved AR unsafe, because they've KB!ed as well.

4chan is not a valid source. CITE FEDERAL LAW, and CITE THE PATENT.
If they own ANY patent, it's to ONLY their own cartridge, which is bypassed by Elite manufacturing their OWN components and loadings.

I'll bet his reasons mimicked Bryan's (of CeaseFireNJ) reason;s you shouldn't own one of those eviiil EBRs, or any semiautomatic at all.

Guess the 1911 is a flawed, dangerous design and should be banned?
Huh, guess the M1A is as well.
Or maybe even the AR-15?  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:07 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Funny...

Quote:

Quote:
Sauce?

Let's see: MANY firearms are capable of firing out of battery due to small technical problems, either from design or negligent care, and you take this ONE INSTANCE of an OOB to say the design is Dangerous? Never buy a MarkIII or THOUSANDS of other guns, because they can and have catastrophically malfunctioned. ONE INSTANCE of a catastrophic malfunction, and the design is unsafe?
After he did it, he re-created the event of an OOB firing on a friend's FiveseveN with a dummy round.

Quote:
If they own ANY patent, it's to ONLY their own cartridge, which is bypassed by Elite manufacturing their OWN components and loadings.

I'll bet his reasons mimicked Bryan's (of CeaseFireNJ) reason;s you shouldn't own one of those eviiil EBRs, or any semiautomatic at all.

Or maybe even the AR-15?
This argument isn't worth that much research to me.

But no, his reasons couldn't be applied to any other weapon. They were pretty specific to the 5.7 round.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:12 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel

Quote:

Quote:
Sauce?

After he did it, he re-created the event of an OOB firing on a friend's FiveseveN with a dummy round.

Quote:

Or maybe even the AR-15?

But no, his reasons couldn't be applied to any other weapon. They were pretty specific to the 5.7 round.
Huh, a dummy round, INTENTIONALLY PLACED into an OOB. Oh yeah, that's certainly unbiased. Did you know that a slew of other firearms ARE capable of having the firing pin hit while still out of battery?

And? I can make a s**t-ton of arguments why no one should own an AR, AK, shotgun, hunting rifle, or ANY firearm, and their downfalls. His RANTING is worthless bullshit.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:54 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Quote:

Quote:
Sauce?

Quote:

Or maybe even the AR-15?

Huh, a dummy round, INTENTIONALLY PLACED into an OOB. Oh yeah, that's certainly unbiased. Did you know that a slew of other firearms ARE capable of having the firing pin hit while still out of battery?
So he claims his gun fired out of battery, and proved on another gun that his claim is not impossible, and you still blame a double charge he claims he studiously double-checked for?

Quote:
And? I can make a s**t-ton of arguments why no one should own an AR, AK, shotgun, hunting rifle, or ANY firearm, and their downfalls. His RANTING is worthless bullshit.
You misunderstand. His rant wasn't "why you shouldn't own a FiveseveN" it was "why the FiveseveN doesn't live up to its expectations and is pointless as anything but an expensive fun gun".

EDIT: I just checked all your links, and those are terrible examples. The 1911 was nothing more than pictures, the M1A was inconclusive, but definitely the bullet, and the AR was obviously a squib. None of those were an OOB.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:28 am
Exactly how the hell does this happen?

What's going on with the firing pin?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:09 am
http://www.remington.com/products/accessories/gun_parts/magazine_clips.asp

Magazine clips? SERIOUSLY, Remington?  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games