Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Betaboo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:13 pm
Hello there. My real name is Betharia. I usually register using the name 'Betabeta' in various forums, but since that name is taken here, I decided to use 'Betaboob' instead. It's quite a long story. In short, the owner of a forum I joined, Keiichi Anime Forever forum, gave me that nickname.

I joined Gaia because of some requests made by fellow members in that forum (KAF). I'm a moderator on KAF, and I know how painful it is to encounter members with messed-up grammar who don't even try their best to use good grammar. I have to edit their posts, and it's such a painful job.

As for my likings, I like anime and manga. Some of my favorites are: Ouran High School Host Club, Full Metal Alchemist, Detective Conan (Case Closed), Death Note, so on.

I'm 22 years old, and I'm engaged. I'm a Chinese-Indonesian. I'm currently taking my college degree here in US, hoping to finish Master degree in Nursing (Bachelor degree at the least).

Looking forward to know what this Guild is all about. ^___^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:43 pm
Hello everyone! I'm obviously new to the guild (or I wouldn't be posting here!). I am raineoftears. Raine for short. Yes, I did misspell "raine" on purpose. I thought it was cute. I still do. Please don't bash. smile Little did I know at the time that I would eventually join a guild that emphasizes the importance of spelling and literacy...Ha ha ha. heart  

Amaya84

Meisjunk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:00 pm
Hello there, I'm new as well. Obviously. biggrin My name is JUNK, an anagram of my name, but you may call me Jen if you wish. I'm a senior in high school and will be attending college next with English as a major. I am in love with books of almost all kinds, writing, and of course, Johnny Depp (who isn't?).  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:50 pm
Hello Everyone who in the future reads this message and is new to the guild. Obviously I'm new to the guild, and I'll try to have to best Punctuation I can.
For some odd reason I can understand an internet language known as "chat speak". That doesn't mean I speak it, I just understand it.
Oh, try not to flame anyone on our guild forums, someone told me its against one of the rules... not sure... But bad things will happen if you do.
I don't really say things about my "personal info" anymore, O.K?
Oh, and call me what you want, Except noob.  

Blocktapus

[ Painted ` Secrets ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:29 pm
I know my username is a beast to type, so...
Hello!
You can call me Paise.
Or Paine.
Or Painse.
Or Paisley. <====[only for one annoying but lovable person]

I love grammar?
I'm actually a copy editor in real life, and a writer.
Spelling, grammar, punctuation and other mechanics are my favorite things.
Sometimes. [:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the guild!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 am
Ello all!
I am Akai Taiyou, a very...strange (ah, yes, strange)...person.
My views on life? Grammer?
It, so I say it, sucks these days.
But of course, I for one would like to finally stop the use of "txt tlk" in the world. Now, we all know why it exist, don't we? LAZY BUMS
But whatever...I'll stop bashing.
More on me! heart
I am 14 and I love anime and draw some myself. I write many stories and roleplay as well.
Also! I do not say "ok" or "okay", I say "okei" because it fufills my oriental needs. Please tell me if you have a problem with that.
You can find my art here:My deviantArt
You can roleplay with me here:PawPrints: A Fantasy Wolf RP
Celestal: A Fanstasy World and Demon RP
Thirteenth Month-The End?: A Fantasy World and Wolf RP
So that's all my roleplay sites. I ask that you join. Please?
Well...I guess that's all. Any questions?  

SamiSayWhat

2,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250

ManillaFolder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:33 am
Hi, I'm ManillaFolder and am pretty happy that I was accepted to this group. If you want to chat then just mail me

~ManillaFolder~  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:14 am
Hello there domokun

I am applecyder. Yesh, I am aware that there's a 'y' instead of an 'i' there because someone already had that name when I signed up. Also, yesh, I say 'yesh' instead of yes. Aside from that I am probably a stickler for grammar too, just like you. domokun

I am an editor for an aspiring novelist domokun I point out grammar mistakes and such.

I like putting domos domokun I think they look like brownies.

I am a mule split personality. I think being a literate hobo is pretty cool. Nobody expects anything positive from hobos domokun It's fun doing unexpected stuff 3nodding  

applecyder

ChibiToraYuri

Girl-Crazy Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:02 pm
I'm new to this fourm and Gaia as well. heart I'll be married in the winter of 2008, and by then I'll be 18, but I am currently 16. I love watching Naruto and babysitting imoto and ototo. My friends call me Rogue or Itachi. You can call me which ever you wish. I am also studing Japanese in high school (in case you didn't know, imoto is little sister and ototo is little brother). Sometimes, I'll randomly just start talking in Japanese. So, that's about it for me. If you want to know anything else, just ask me!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:41 pm
Alanna is 13, female, sleepy, Canadian, and likes to talk about herself in the third person. She preaches the evils of cheesecake. All hail pumpkin pie!  

Wings Akimbo

` S a i

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:42 pm
    Er...Hi.

My name is Willa. French is my native tounge so my English isnt as good as it could be.

>_<

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:59 pm
Hello, and good afternoon.
I am sixteen years old. I write in my free time, so when I saw a guild that supported being grammatically correct, I had to join, I hate when I am talking to my friends and they type everything "Lyke Tihs." It irritates me. I don't know why, it would either be OCD or Dyslexia... either way... it bugs the hell out of me.
Thanks for your time,
~K~  

Punga Bufo

Ebotchl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:33 pm
I'm Kory. I've been on Gaia for a little while now, and I must admit, it's not the best thing in the world. However, its always fun to have a group of people to chat with in your free time... hence my joining of the guild. I like to write (mind you I'm not very good at it) and I've always been a slight grammar freak, but that doesn't mean I dont have my faults. I have the habbit of using run-ons and incomplete sentences every so often... and I use the elipsis a little too much. Oh, I'm not the best at spelling either. (Their, there, and they're... too, to, two... that sort of thing)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:30 am
Hello everyone.

My name is Ysabel. You can call me anything from Izzy to Ala. I am a high school sophomore girl who lives in New York. My username, "Alabang", is actually the name of my mother's hometown in the Philippines.

It's nice to meet all of you. I hope we can have some fun.  

Zee Zee Top

4,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

youkai-no-rei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:06 pm
Hello, all! My name is Rei, contrary to my username which.. well, was convenient. I'm sixteen, and I love to meet people and have conversations revolving around all sorts of topics. My hobbies include film making, drawing, reading, playing piano, roleplaying, and various other activities.
I don't bite (well, maybe a little), and I'm always up for a good debate on any controversial matter!
Glad to be here! It's nice to meet you all.
heart
(My grammar isn't perfect, and I hope it will improve with the passage of time and help).  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games