Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ OPEN 2063-2064 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Kaydee Does
Paige Cook
first year

User Image Paige fidgeted impatiently as the list was called. She was somewhat curious about what where she would be sorted, but mostly just ready to eat. For whatever reason, the Great Hall seemed so much fuller than the train had, which she guessed was because she was seeing everyone at once. She took note of who looked friendly, prissy, and downright mean. She was going to make friends before the end of this week, or who would keep her entertained during classes?

Though, she thought, with any luck, magic classes would be a little more interesting than math.

It was a couple of minutes before she though to look up, and what she saw surprised her. The room appeared to have no ceiling, but was open to the night sky above. Or did it just look that way? The Hall was a little too stuffy for a room without a ceiling, plus where would they eat if it rained? She wondered if they ever cleared out the tables and went "camping" in here, and whether or not wizards had s'mores.

When her name was finally called, she half-walked, half-skipped up to sit hard on the three-legged stool and pulled the hat over her head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm impulsive. Sometimes I do stupid things just because I wasn't thinking when I decided to do them. When I'm bored, everyone around me had better look out, because leaving me to entertain myself has proven to be dangerous in the past. I spent many years of my childhood fashioning fake bows and arrows to shoot at the old lady next door (completely harmless), climbing (and subsequently getting stuck in) trees, and tackling the neighbor kids to the ground in intense games of tag.

Because I play a little rough, most of my friends are guys. There are a few select girl friends I have who enjoy running around and getting into things as much as me. When I'm with my friends, I am often boisterous and excitable. I have never been one to sit still for any length of time, and thus was often in trouble at school. Though my intellect isn't lacking, my disgust with all things academic have kept my grades average, at best.

I am always honest and upfront, even if you won't appreciate what I've got to say. Sometimes, I could probably say things more tactfully than I do, but I'm a big believer that beating around the bush just wastes everyone's time. I like being around people who are just as direct as I am, though our similar personalities and my short temper may often cause us to argue.

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Anya directed the quiet girl over to the Ravenclaw table then looked down the list for the next name. She called out "Paige Cook" and watched the girl approach the stool. She seemed a little apprehensive, but ready. Anya smiled to her and placed the Sorting Hat on her head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Dancing the line between bravery and stupidity,
You boldly go and do as you please.
While being studious,
You dislike work.
I know just the place for you...
Gryffindor!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:15 pm

((Please refrain from posting in the sorting till sorting is opened. All posts put here that are not warnings will be deleted without warning. Thank you))

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 pm

User Image

I may be missing my arm but don't think for a second that I'm helpless
Deputy Headmaster

Who am I with? Ophelius, my coworkers...all of Hogworts
How am I feeling? A little nervous, excited
On my mind? Oh god what have I got myself into

His hand was shaking slightly as he made his way out in front of the hall, the stool floating gently in front of him. At his feet Ophelius slithered quickly and softly. The large snake was his only comfort on this. Over the summer the blonde professor had been offered the job of Deputy Headmaster one he took with pride and joy. Setting the stool down next to him he took a breath trying to remain calm.

"Welcome all to another year at Hogwarts. I am Professor Zander your acting Deputy Headmaster. Before we begin Sorting I would like to remind everyone that it is against the rules to go into the Forbidden Forest." Zander's voice was calm and clear dispite his internal fretting. The more he spoke the more comfortable he became. "Hogwarts is a journey that some young wizards take. The Sorting process places you in your House, where you will make friends that will be with you forever. Children, please form a line. I will call out your name and place the Hat on your head. The Sorting Hat will pick your House. You will then go and join your housemates and await the end of sorting." As he finished with light swish of his hand the list of names floated before him. Holding the sorting hat in his only hand Zander called for the first student.

((Sorting is now open!))

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:46 pm

janeAbigaildoyle
User Image
Jane was close to hyperventilating. She was nervous beyond belief. She would finally be sorted. She was excited, happy, she felt most of what humans could feel. She breathed through her nose to calm herself. She suddenly felt dizzy. "Come on ,can't pass out now" she muttered. She looked ahead at the teacher then around at the students around her, which one would she spend the next seven years with? She breathed again.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm strong willed born leader and one of the smartest people they've ever met but also shy and reclusive. I like to fight but only if I'm protecting people or myself. I will protect almost everyone I met without even thinking of danger to myself. I have been told I am very motherly and caring to lots of people. I can also became a good leader in most situtation though it sometimes makes me seem bossy of course I'm not denying that fact.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:02 pm

User Image
яεġrετ┃ηστнιηġ ♦ ғεαя┃ησ σηε ♦ ταkε prιdε ιη┃εvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
As Colton lead the way into the Great Hall, he felt overpowered by the weight of eyes laid upon him. Instead of sinking into the crowd of first years, he stood up straight, shoulders back, and marched to the front of the room. As they reached the Deputy Headmaster, the students were instructed to form a line, something he would need to get used to. Gesturing for Jane to take the lead, Colton filed in behind her and waited for the signal that he was to approach the sorting hat.

When his turn came, no sign of hesitation flickered across his stern face. He kept up his flawlessly serious facade, strutting directly toward the stool and heaving himself up with his muscular arms. With the old, tattered hat in his hands, he took a deep breath, attempting to clear his head of any fears or wishes. He wanted the sorting hat to take him as he was, and place him in the house it thought was suitable. Slipping the hat onto his freshly shaven head, he found it to be much heavier than it had first appeared. Glancing over towards Phi and Ronyo, he raised his eyebrows a bit as he mouthed the words: How do I look?

Colton's eyes moved to the sea of students that sat at the four separate tables in front of him, all clad in robes of different color schemes. Hmm...green and silver look nice, although...the blue and bronze might bring out the gray in my eyes. He thought to himself, chuckling under his breath as he mentally went through each of the different house uniforms, trying to imagine which he would look the best in.

User Image
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm in possession of an overpowering personality. I've been called extremely judgmental, as I tend to speak my mind, despite where I am or who I'm with. I, however, would call myself strong-minded and confident. I've been compared to my father time and again, for my bravery, intelligence, and both my ambitious and hard-headed ways of thinking. Being the son of a military man, I've grown to always stand up for what I believe in, and value my family above all else. I was taught not only to behave as a gentlemen, but to regret nothing, fear no one, and take pride in everything I do. My intentions are hard to read, and my first impressions tend to be one-sided, but if there is one thing that I wish to accomplish in my seven years at Hogwarts, it is to live up to my father's standards..
User Image
User Image
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:03 pm

User Image
User Image

xrunnin',
runnin' from those days

Rayne was insanely nervous by the time she stood in the Great Hall in front of everyone, professors and students alike, to be sorted. It was a nervous excitement really. She couldn't wait to be sorted but at the same time she couldn't help but feel extremely small with everyone else around. The amount of eyes from all four houses sat and watched in rapt attention to the rest of them. No, she couldn't back down now. She had come so far and she wanted to make her parents proud of her. So, as Rayne's name got called to sit on the stool after awhile, she put on her brave face and climbed up the few stairs. She could not, and would not, allow her nervousness to show. No, not at all.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a pretty fiery type of gal. I don't take crap from people, especially bullies, and protective of my friends and those I'm close to. I'm not saying I'm not friendly and approachable, as I do have my friends, but I just can't stand those who pick on others for their amusement. So watch out, I may just step between you and your victim if you try anything in front of me. It might be brash but honestly I don't care in the slightest. On another note I thoroughly enjoy watching quiddich with my dad. Even though I don't have the ability to play yet I really hope to play for my House team upon getting to school. Just watching the sport gets my adrenaline going and my heart pumped. On a somewhat downside I can be rather stubborn when I want to be. I like to be on time and doing what needs to be done. I'm really hoping I can make some awesome friends upon my entrance to the school~

xthere's another war inside me
i guess i've gone insane

User Image
First Year ~ Unsorted

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Maiya Kajuji
janeAbigaildoyle
User Image
Jane was close to hyperventilating. She was nervous beyond belief. She would finally be sorted. She was excited, happy, she felt most of what humans could feel. She breathed through her nose to calm herself. She suddenly felt dizzy. "Come on ,can't pass out now" she muttered. She looked ahead at the teacher then around at the students around her, which one would she spend the next seven years with? She breathed again.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm strong willed born leader and one of the smartest people they've ever met but also shy and reclusive. I like to fight but only if I'm protecting people or myself. I will protect almost everyone I met without even thinking of danger to myself. I have been told I am very motherly and caring to lots of people. I can also became a good leader in most situtation though it sometimes makes me seem bossy of course I'm not denying that fact.

User ImageUser Image

Who am I with? Ophelius, my studetns
On my mind? I can't wait

"Jane Doyle!" Zander called in a loud clear voice. He watched as a small brunette made her way up. She looked as nervous as he felt. Untucking the Sorting hat from his arm he placed the ancient thing gently on her head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Hm....you are a smart girl
A loyal one at that
Your dedication to your friends is admirable
I know just the place for you...
Hufflepuff!

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 pm

User Image
User Image

ι ʙιᴛ ᴍʏ ᴛoɴɢuᴇ ιɴ ᴛнᴇ ᴀwᴋwᴀʀᴅ coɴvᴇʀsᴀᴛιoɴ

Alex was on the verge of throwing up he was so nervous and excited at the same time. Any minute and he would find out the house he was going to spend the next seven years in. His heart was thundering in his chest as the teacher called out his name and he walked up to the stool where the sorting has was, his legs shaking. He took a seat and the hat was placed on his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm bi-polar (not sure if that's the right word for it). My mood is inconsistant, constantly shifting. One minute I could be perfectly calm and the next and could be boiling mad. I tend to avoid anyone who might easily annoy or anger me into a fit of rage but I always keep myself in control, no matter how angered I get, so as to keep from hurting anyone around me.

ι ᴍᴇᴛ ʏou oɴcᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ι'ᴅ ғᴀʟʟᴇɴ ғoʀ ʏouʀ ɴoᴛιoɴs

User Image

Gideon12

5,700 Points
  • Pie Pusher 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 pm

User Image

User Image

Woil stared at the old hat filled with patches, he was a bit nervous about where he would be sorted. He grabbed his head as he attempted to keep control of his frantic thoughts and his more darker half under control. He bit his lip as his thoughts battled with each other.
I can't wait to be placed in Ravenclaw!
Hah! It's going to be Slytherin! I bet you!
No... I don't want to be in Slytherin...
And why not? Slytherin is the best place to be!
"But..." He said out loud as he trembled slightly and he looked around at everyone else. He took a deep breathe and stared once more at the Sorting Hat. He was very anxious as he waited for his name to be called.

User Image

User Image

Woil Noinnei
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm rather laid back, funny, and intelligent. While other-times I seem rather rude, blunt, and honest. I often seem mostly outgoing, funny, and just plain kind to everyone most of the time, but often I tend to be rather rude, and just an overall jerk. It's thanks to my separate personalities that I often switch between a kind person and a jerk.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 pm

User Image User Image

Jake just stood there waiting for his name to be called. His mood had gotten better since what it had been in the boat. However since the boat he had not spoken one word to well anyone. The dirty blond's dark eyes drifted over the crowd as they too all seemed nervous to see which house they would belong in. The 11-year old did not physically show his nerves though he was certain his sister was able to tell he was nervous like everyone else.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm the complete opposite of my older sister Ashleigh. I've been told that i'm conceited, boastful, I and never willing to help someone unless I gain something from it. at times I come off as quick to snap which I often do. i also am very manipulative and will usually do anything to get what I want. oh lets' not forget my mischievous side I'm always looking for someone to pranks or jinx

((odd orange Cape:format under construction))

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:21 pm

-x- Poison Ivory -x-
User Image
яεġrετ┃ηστнιηġ ♦ ғεαя┃ησ σηε ♦ ταkε prιdε ιη┃εvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm in possession of an overpowering personality. I've been called extremely judgmental, as I tend to speak my mind, despite where I am or who I'm with. I, however, would call myself strong-minded and confident. I've been compared to my father time and again, for my bravery, intelligence, and both my ambitious and hard-headed ways of thinking. Being the son of a military man, I've grown to always stand up for what I believe in, and value my family above all else. I was taught not only to behave as a gentlemen, but to regret nothing, fear no one, and take pride in everything I do. My intentions are hard to read, and my first impressions tend to be one-sided, but if there is one thing that I wish to accomplish in my seven years at Hogwarts, it is to live up to my father's standards..

User Image
User Image

Who am I with? Ophelius, my coworkers...all of Hogwarts
On my mind? Oh god what have I gotten myself into

"Colton Raines!" Zander called happy that his first student went so well. The boy who stepped forward didn't seem scared nor did he hesitate. The professor had a feeling where he would end up but it wasn't his decision. Placing the hat on his head he waited quietly.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Oh a confident boy now aren't you?
Brave, smart, ambitious and stuborrn
Interesting combination boy
You seek to stand for that which you believe
And you fear nothing
There's only one place for you boy...
Gryffindor!

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:22 pm

User ImageUser Image

Vanessa hand were litterally shaking with nerves as she awaited the moment her name would be called. As she watched her year-mates get sorted by the hat she began to wonder how it was that the hat had been charmed so that it could not only talk but also analyze a person's personality and place them in the house that best suits them. As her mind thought about it she realized she was probably the only one more curious about the hat then which house she would get into. To the young blonde female it didn't matter which house she landed in as long as she could learn something while she was in it she would be happy.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a really creative bookworm who always studies hard. There is a slight mischievous side which causes me to always take the time to figure out ways to make pranks and stuff form the books I read come to life. I come from a pure-blood family so I am told I do have a bit of a pure-blood supremeist attitude. I've often have heard people say, though not directly to myself, that I boast of the fact that I am of pure-blood.

((orange old cat: format under construction.))

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games