Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:58 pm

ρandora horne
Herbology Professor
Head of Hufflepuff

User Image

Pandora took another sip of her wine and remembered why she hardly drank the liquid. It was quite strong, almost a bit too strong. "Well," the Herbology professor mused. "If a student is tangled up in Devil's Snare, you kill the plant. If you happen to see an Anti-Gravity Tree, one is simply compelled to climb it." As soon as Pandora mentioned Anti-Gravity Trees, she wondered how her favorite type of that plant was doing. She hadn't seen it since before the last term ended.
User Image

The hardest thing to be is true to oneself.
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Eraz Lupinuous
Instructor of Legilimancy
User Image

"Yes, because killing the plant when a Light charm or spell that creates light would be more than sufficient to force the Devil's Snare to react and pull away. Go ahead and engage in herbicide." He hadn't intended to say anything, but this woman had apparently taken over his old job, and she was talking about killing plants that were normally used for defense.

"And after you've done that, you should really ask the student just what they were doing that they ended up dealing with a guardian plant." Eraz leaned against the table and snorted in irritation.

User Image

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:35 pm

User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick blinked, mildly shocked. Well, this was about to get interesting.

"Excuse me?" he asked the man who had interrupted, his face blank as ever. "I don't doubt the veracity of your statement, Devil's Snare is hardly dangerous when handled correctly. In fact, I agree with you. But it seems to be that Professor Thorne is in charge of Herbology, and will teach as she sees fit. Why all the aggression?"

Kendrick looked the man over, curious. Such strong sentiments over a plant? The very thought!
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:37 pm

ρandora horne
Herbology Professor
Head of Hufflepuff

User Image

Pandora turned to the man who had entered their conversation. He appeared to be pretty irritated. Something that the woman knew to hardly be a good thing. If she remembered correctly, his name was Eraz Lupinous. She immediately regreted her choice of words, realizing that they had been a bit foolish.

"My apologies, yet we do have an abundance of that plant. I'm quite good at growing them, sometimes it's necesary to take drastic measures. Perhaps I might miss and hit the student as punishment?" Pandora suggusted, half jokingly.
User Image

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Eraz Lupinuous
User Image

"Eraz Lupinuous, former Herbology Instructor." He bowed his head to the man. "And my aggression is that most plants normally quite kind, and are used for a variety of things. As I mentioned, Devil's Snare is normally used for defending something." He turned his gaze to the woman and bowed his head to her as well.

"A strong enough light source is more than sufficient to deal with it. In fact, if you use a spell strong enough to create sunlight, there is the chance you can kill the plant as it is, with no risk to the person caught in its vines. But you shouldn't really joke about punishing the student - being caught in one of those b*****d's vines is punishment enough as it is, they tend to start constricting and throttling, so any person caught in one is going to be bruised and potentially suffering from broken bones if the vine is strong enough." He tilted his head. "Though they do have their usefulness in that they can be utilized in certain kinds of art if you wanted, since they will grow away from light and towards living objects, you can create interesting designs by combining the two, and then freezing the plant in place." He frowned. Other than that Devil's Snare was best suited for defending places. But he didn't recall there being an abundance when he was here, had something changed in the intervening time?

User Image
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:53 pm

User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick suppressed a laugh at the idea of punishing a student under the guise of protecting them. "As a third party with legal knowledge, I'm going to have to strongly advise you against that," he said quasi-seriously. "I agree— being caught in Devil's Snare will probably scare the kid enough. I think your bigger problem at that point will be getting them back into the greenhouse."

He listened with interest as Lupinuous detailed the use of Devil's Snare in art. "Now that is something I haven't heard before," he said. It sounded intriguing, if a little time-consuming. If he had the time and the energy, perhaps he'd make a summer project of it. Or, instead, he'd relay the information to his wife, who would doubtless be even more intrigued, and would surely make a summer project of it.

"A former professor, hm? May I ask what it is you do now?" Kendrick asked.

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:56 pm

ρandora horne
Herbology Professor
Head of Hufflepuff

User Image

"Pandora Thorne, herbology professor and Head of Hufflepuff," the woman introduced herself. She did not want to seem impolite. In front of the students was not a proper place to have a loud, obnoxious arrugement with a co-worker.

"Now, please don't start patronizing me," the professor said as she took another sip of wine. "I know what it can do, and I'm a Hufflepuff. The Head of all of them as a matter of fact. Do you really expect me to go intentionally injurring students?" she laughed, feeling the influnce of the wine. She realized she should be careful. "Although, I have not yet seen them used in art. Perhaps I shall attempt it at some point."
User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Eraz Lupinuous
User Image

"I am now the instructor for Legilimency, though I know of only one student taking the course." Then the woman introduced herself and said something that seriously confused him. Eraz turned his gaze to her and lifted one eyebrow, tilting his head to one side as he regarded her.

"It was not intended to be patronizing, and I apologize if it came across as such. Though I am curious as to how your House and being Head of the House plays into this? Has Hogwarts divied up the classes or something since I've been gone?" Puzzlement laced his words as he sipped his pumpkin juice - he did not trust himself drinking right now.

User Image

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:13 pm

User Image

Former Ravenclaw

Grayson blinked as he finally noticed the two new professors at the table. He hadn't been paying attention, his mind instead considering the students and wondering how they'd react to his teaching. "Oh, um, hello there. I apologize. I was thinking there for a moment."

Hearing about the Devil's Snare, he gave a bit of a chuckle. "No one would ever let me near the greenhouses when I was done with Herbology. I somehow got a Venomous Tentacula to attack me and a girl I was working with when I brushed up against it. I make it a rule because of it not to mess with the magical variety of plants as a result." He frowned. "Well, maybe I should stay away from the usual variety as well. Just killed a cactus this summer by accident."
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:17 pm

User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick shook his head, straightening his tie. "Apologies. I believe she meant that particular comment for me," he corrected, nodding to Thorne. "My sense of humor never was quite up to scratch. I assure you, I meant no disrespect." He made to go on, but got the feeling that Thorne had been drinking a tiny bit too much wine, and decided to leave it at that.

Kendrick laughed at Powell's comment. "You and I are much alike. The only thing I've been able to keep alive since my years at school is the lonely flower in my office."

He turned his attention again to Lupinuous. "I was unaware that Legilimency was a course offered here... then again, I'm one to talk," Kendrick said. "Kendrick Gavin, Wizard Law professor. Is this your first year teaching here?"

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Eraz Lupinuous
User Image

"Not quite. I taught Herbology for a year, then was forced to leave to deal with some personal issues for a time. When I returned the Herbology position was taken, but I was allowed back in to teach the offensive Mind Art to any who need it." Eraz tilted his head to one side and took another sip.

"So what is so different from normal laws that normal ones that an entire course is devoted to it? I understand of course about Obliviation issues, and the need for the Statute of Secrecy, but surely your domain extends beyond those two?"

User Image
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:35 pm

User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick cracked a small smile, the most joy he would ever let himself show. "Wizard Law does deal with Obliviation and Statute of Secrecy, but also deals with such things as wizard's persecution of Muggles and Muggle-borns, the Trace, and such crimes as committed by non-sentient and semi-sentient magical creatures, crimes Seen by those with the inner eye, crimes committed by Animagi and Megamorphmagi, wizards on trial in Muggle courts..."

He stopped, realizing that his passion for the subject was carrying him away. "Among other things, of course. I sat on the Wizengamot for a number of years, and took up teaching just this year," he explained. "In all my years, I saw vicious prosecutors and docile ones by the dozen, and only a few legitimately competent barristers. Morality as applied to factual analysis of evidence and the law is a concept that escaped most of them. I aim to make sure that the Wizengamot will not be lacking in proficient members in the coming generations."

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:43 pm

User Image

Former Ravenclaw

Grayson smiled as Kendrick listed off the various different cases. "There!" he said enthusiastically. "That's some of what I'd love to read about. Though mostly about the whys and what effects it had on the judicial system. Well, not to mention some of the consequences behind the more controversial rulings." Grayson paused, thinking. "Maybe I should sit in on one of your classes, if it's allowed. Some of this could help me to interpret why certain things happened the way they did in the past."
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:02 pm

User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick nodded towards Powell. "You are more than welcome to do so. I think it would be interesting to have another teacher in the class room. Make sure I'm doing things right, now, will you?"

He took a deep breath, the uncertainties of the new year again washing over him. "Ignorantia juris neminem excusat," he mumbled to himself. The Ministry Department of Magical Law Enforcement's motto. Too few knew it, and even fewer lived by it. And yet, no one was exempt from it.

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:19 pm

User Image
WHERE am I? Staff table HOW am I feeling? Enthused WHO am I with? Katariina
User Image
As Aiden took another swig of his vamped-up pumpkin juice, the sound of a nearby chair screeching against the marble floor made Harley issue a low, irritated growl from his post beneath the table. "Oh, hush, Har—" he began as he lowered the cup from his face, but he cut himself off when he noticed that the chair to his right was now occupied.

With wide, fascinated eyes, the man listened as the woman greeted him by name. The sound of her sweet voice—warm like honey—seemed to drip delectably from her tongue, and at that moment, Aiden recognized the woman next to him. Her blissfully blonde hair was just as he had remembered it when they themselves had attended Hogwarts.
"K-Katariina," he nearly exclaimed, stumbling over her name clumsily as his mind took him for a sudden roller coaster.

As if he were 17 again, he found himself ogling over the Gryffindor's ravishing beauty. He could clearly remember his sudden awareness of her when she had entered her third year—no doubt due to how wonderfully she had taken to womanhood, a jump she could have made overnight, for all he knew. He had utterly failed to notice her before she had...erm...grown up, but once he had, he had then seemed unable not to notice her.

Quickly straightening himself in his chair, he turned his body at a slight angle to face her, and flashed his most charming of grins, one side of his lips pulling up slightly more than the other.
"How could I forget a face like y'ers?" His words were casual as he let his Irish heritage soak into each word, the result a mesmerizing phrase that sounded more like a fact than an indiscreet pick-up line.

"So, Hogwarts, ey?" he asked her lightly, his new-found enthusiasm feeling a little odd after spending all day worrying about his new job. "What are y'eh teachin', if y'er don't mind m'eh askin'?" Aiden gripped the back of his chair with one hand, and washed down his excitement with a mouthful of liquid confidence. Suddenly, the professional side of Hogwarts didn't seem so bad, after all.

User Image
“Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and others have greatness thrust upon them.”

- William Shakespeare
User Image
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games