Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:33 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Kinda, most people who fought in wars where presents who didn't even have proper weapons, eventually spears became common because they are so cheep and take so little skill to use(mainly because of how long they are, and range is everything in a fight)
Sorry for nerding out

Yeah a shield could be nice for you 2, also some clothes are needed for some areas

BBS- doing stuff with the beta

Yeah, but no. xp (lol) The closest thing that Terran will likely equip to a shield is an arm bracer.

And no problem about the nerding out thing. I personally did some research for Terran's sake into doctors and medical studies of the time, so I can relate. (Like how "dissection" was considered worse than simply being killed for your crime. Because religion was front and center in the lives of medieval peoples.) I believe that arrows were equally common because they were also fairly cheap. They may have been less accurate in a ground battle (unless you literally have the high ground), but were also pretty dangerous because the tips were designed to break off when you tried to remove them, leading to fatal infections. Halberds were really handy. (probably more useful than spears.)

Peasants were... not normally forced to fight by the looks of things. Most soldiers were at least trained in combat, because throwing your inexperienced peasants into a war would only result in higher casualties and a battlefield littered with corpses (making it both unsightly and difficult to walk through).  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:56 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

Kinda, most people who fought in wars where presents who didn't even have proper weapons, eventually spears became common because they are so cheep and take so little skill to use(mainly because of how long they are, and range is everything in a fight)
Sorry for nerding out

Yeah a shield could be nice for you 2, also some clothes are needed for some areas

Yeah, but no. xp (lol) The closest thing that Terran will likely equip to a shield is an arm bracer.

And no problem about the nerding out thing. I personally did some research for Terran's sake into doctors and medical studies of the time, so I can relate. (Like how "dissection" was considered worse than simply being killed for your crime. Because religion was front and center in the lives of medieval peoples.) I believe that arrows were equally common because they were also fairly cheap. They may have been less accurate in a ground battle (unless you literally have the high ground), but were also pretty dangerous because the tips were designed to break off when you tried to remove them, leading to fatal infections. Halberds were really handy. (probably more useful than spears.)

Peasants were... not normally forced to fight by the looks of things. Most soldiers were at least trained in combat, because throwing your inexperienced peasants into a war would only result in higher casualties and a battlefield littered with corpses (making it both unsightly and difficult to walk through).

Just did the first beta, and yeah, shields are actually really good because you don't always have a use for your reaction

Also halberds didn't become a thing for a long time, there where made by some people to counter anouther nation in a war

And peasants fighting is like the draft now adays, and many still could not buy armour in wars  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:03 am
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44

Sorry for nerding out

Just did the first beta, and yeah, shields are actually really good because you don't always have a use for your reaction

Also halberds didn't become a thing for a long time, there where made by some people to counter anouther nation in a war

And peasants fighting is like the draft now adays, and many still could not buy armour in wars

*raises eyebrow* In that case, I must ask if your setting focuses on a certain part of the middle ages because medieval times lasted from mid-4th century to around the 15th century. (Black Death was 16th century, and even that is still associated with medieval ages.)

The halberd was invented during the 14th century, so it's definitely medieval. The mace also became popular in medieval times (12th century)
Gunpowder was introduced in Europe by the Chinese in the 13th century, but the Chinese discovered that it could be used for weapons in the 900s (was used for fireworks when they first began using it in the 700s). So handguns were apparently in development as during the mid-1300s as well (although they were not exactly practical or useful in a fight.), and cannons were created in the 13th century. (they were widely used in the 14th century).

I does my research too, ya know. wink *I is nerd too*  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:08 am
Xa44

Mercenaries were more useful as soldiers than peasants.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:17 am
Haru Yates
[

Compared to regular spears that is a big gap of time  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:34 pm
Xa44
Compared to regular spears that is a big gap of time

What's a big gap now?

Research tells me that spears were in use hundreds of thousands of years before the medieval period. People did use them a lot in the middle ages because, as you mentioned, they were cheap to make and they were effective in battle. (You could throw them, you could wield them on horseback, thrust them through gaps in armor and chain mail to stab enemies and force them to the ground...)
Weapons with spikes (like war hammers with spikes on the back) were usually better at piercing armor than blades were, making them valuable enough in war battle. Bludgeoning weapons like maces (and, again, war hammers) could do a lot of damage to a person without actually penetrating the armor (breaking joints and a good blow to the head could knock somebody out quickly enough [or even kill them], armored or not). The late medieval period featured flails that could be used to get around a shield (spiked ball on a chain, anyone?).  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:04 pm
Haru Yates

I should have everything done within 90 days  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:52 am
Xa44

Sounds awesome! If I hear back from the others anytime soon, then I'll let you know. (Not sure how long they'll take to reply. Tofu is usually online 1-2 times per month, while Bored Reckless is currently on vacation.)

And if I think of anything else to add, then I'll let you know. (On the other hand, if you think of anything that's related to Terran's home town [people, places, lore, etc], then let me know.
In the mean time, I'll try to think of more questions. Here's a couple:

Are there multiple languages? (I assume that most people speak common. [a.k.a. the common tongue])

What might Terran know about vampires based on lore and legend in your world? (all facts that he'd be familiar with. [pretend that I know nothing about the creature for the sake of the answer])

Where does the dark town's water supply come from? (Is it the river, or do they have a well?)

Is Mana Fever contagious? (And if so, do we know how it's spread? Would Terran know of any rumors about the causes from the doctors in his home town?)

How well known are vampire legends in your world?
Terran's outfit does have a hood, so he tries to hide his face sometimes, but his red eyes are a dead give-away for his being a half-vampire (as I've said a billion times before). He's used to being viewed as an outsider and as a bit of an unwelcome freak, if not as something dangerous, (if he acted on his cravings often, there'd be problems). Basically, I'm wondering how feared his race (vampire) is by most people. Are they considered just stories to scare children, or are they feared by adults alike in other towns?

Would you like me to make your rules thread an announcement thread so that it stays at the top of the forum?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:31 pm
Haru Yates

Are there multiple languages? (I assume that most people speak common. [a.k.a. the common tongue])

Nope
Haru Yates

What might Terran know about vampires based on lore and legend in your world? (all facts that he'd be familiar with. [pretend that I know nothing about the creature for the sake of the answer])

They are. Very rare
Haru Yates

Where does the dark town's water supply come from? (Is it the river, or do they have a well?)

Freashwater oceans, slatwater doesn't exist
Haru Yates

Is Mana Fever contagious? (And if so, do we know how it's spread? Would Terran know of any rumors about the causes from the doctors in his home town?)

This is kinda a silly question. Mana fever is caused by having too much or too little mana in your body, how would someone be able to spread it
Haru Yates

Terran's outfit does have a hood, so he tries to hide his face sometimes, but his red eyes are a dead give-away for his being a half-vampire (as I've said a billion times before). He's used to being viewed as an outsider and as a bit of an unwelcome freak, if not as something dangerous, (if he acted on his cravings often, there'd be problems). Basically, I'm wondering how feared his race (vampire) is by most people. Are they considered just stories to scare children, or are they feared by adults alike in other towns?

People probably only know of fen and bace terr on that, people don't really think of them, same with half demons

Haru Yates

Would you like me to make your rules thread an announcement thread so that it stays at the top of the forum?

I know how to do that, if you think that would help then sure why not  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:07 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

They are. Very rare

That.. Is not a lot of info. So does that mean the rest of what Terran knows of them is based on personal experience and intuition or something?

Xa44

Haru Yates

This is kinda a silly question. Mana fever is caused by having too much or too little mana in your body, how would someone be able to spread it

Well, it can be caused by magic (pretty sure there is a spell that causes it), but nobody really knows why people in the dark town are dying from it. Even if it isn't contagious, I'm wondering if the townfolk still fear contracting it from those who are sick? (How much do the people know about it? Are there experimental treatments? Do people worry about catching it from the infected or the dead? Those kinds of things.)

Xa44

Haru Yates

People probably only know of fen and bace terr on that, people don't really think of them, same with half demons

Ok, then. So would they generally recognize Terran for what he is? (How do you think they'd react to what he is? [Or will I have to wait and see?])
Also, who is Bace Terr? (Is he a spoiler?)
People know of Fen? What did he do to become so infamous? (Aside from what he did to Yulia in the dark town.)
If people commonly know of Fen then, if I may say so, I'd like to think that Fenrir is infamous in name alone. He would go by his nickname, Fen, to avoid being recognized. (Otherwise, Fen would have a hard time getting around towns and finding prey without people chasing him away with pitchforks.)

Xa44

Haru Yates

I know how to do that, if you think that would help then sure why not

Flutflut says setting it as an announcement will make it stay at the very top of the guild forum. If you know how to do it, then I'll let you handle it. (You just have to edit the thread's first post to set it as an announcement thread. You'll figure it out if you don't yet know how. wink  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 pm
Haru Yates

That.. Is not a lot of info. So does that mean the rest of what Terran knows of them is based on personal experience and intuition or something?

SRY blacked out mid way through writing this(adds to me having DID)
Basically what I wanted to say was
- people are ok with half demons and most will be comparing terran to that. as for what he knows about himself, he is basically an expert, if something comes up in the RP I will answer it

Haru Yates

Well, it can be caused by magic (pretty sure there is a spell that causes it), but nobody really knows why people in the dark town are dying from it. Even if it isn't contagious, I'm wondering if the townfolk still fear contracting it from those who are sick? (How much do the people know about it? Are there experimental treatments? Do people worry about catching it from the infected or the dead? Those kinds of things.)

Mana fever isn't killing people, and most people in the world have had it or know of it well, the only reason this is badnin dark town is because it weakens you so another human could kill you or you are unable to get food and starve.

Haru Yates
who is Bace Terr?

I was saying people judge terran off of what fen does, and only people in dark town know of fen(for the most part) wink  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:32 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

SRY blacked out mid way through writing this(adds to me having DID)
Basically what I wanted to say was
- people are ok with half demons and most will be comparing terran to that. as for what he knows about himself, he is basically an expert, if something comes up in the RP I will answer it

No problem. 3nodding So I'm not entirely sure if that answered my question or not, to be honest. (I get it, but part of it remains unanswered.)
Let's rephrase the question a second: What is considered common knowledge about vampires? (What do other people usually know about them?)

Xa44
Haru Yates

Mana fever isn't killing people, and most people in the world have had it or know of it well, the only reason this is badnin dark town is because it weakens you so another human could kill you or you are unable to get food and starve.

Ack! I think you did tell me that before! Sorry 'bout that.

Xa44
Haru Yates
who is Bace Terr?

I was saying people judge terran off of what fen does, and only people in dark town know of fen(for the most part) wink

Because of what Fen did to Yulia, right? (Like father, like son; so evil father, evil son?)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:38 pm
Haru Yates

(What do other people usually know about them?)

Not a bloody thing
Haru Yates

Because of what Fen did to Yulia, right?

That and probably some other things  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:47 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

(What do other people usually know about them?)

Not a bloody thing

Lovely. That'll make travelling a bit easier (should surprise Terran quite a bit to learn that the rest of the world doesn't hate him).

Xa44
Haru Yates
Because of what Fen did to Yulia, right?

That and probably some other things

mrgreen Might Terran know what "some other things" might be? (has he heard rumors?)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:57 pm
Haru Yates
Might Terran know what "some other things" might be? (has he heard rumors?)

Stalking people
Probably a lot of murder
Some thieft(after/during war)  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out