Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
New Members Introduce Yourselves Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paws in Naughty Places

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:33 am
Hiya everyone!
I'm Paws, and I'm obviously pro-choice. I just think every woman has the right to decide what goes on in her own body without the government getting their filthy hands into the matter. I've pretty much always been pro-choice, but recently I read this book, "The Girls Who Went Away: The Hidden History of Women Who Surrendered Children for Adoption in the Decades Before Roe vs. Wade" By Ann Fessler. Some of these womens stories are just so depressing. I think the book made me a bit more pro-choice then I was before. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:36 am
I'm Nopen, or Pen, or whatever. And I'm a mother of two girls. Currently I'm "damaging feminism and giving in to the patriarchy" by "wasting my degree" and staying home to raise them.

My mother in law asked me right after the birth of my first, when I was still in the hospital no less, if now I was pro-life, because of course I had to be right? And I told her that no, that I was even more pro-choice now because I KNOW how scary carrying and delivering a baby is even when that baby is planned for and wanted. All the decisions you have to make and how everything seems so precarious and that I couldn't IMAGINE having to do that with a ahem...less than supportive partner, or having to do that while also not having a place to live, or having a horrific addiction I could not beat. I told her I was even more pro-choice because there are too many decisions even when the pregnancy is normal, wanted, and sound to be inserting anyone else's will into that process.  

Nopenname

Beloved Prophet

8,375 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Elemental Vampyre

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:50 am
Greetings my names Georgia, I’m from Ireland
I’m Pro-choice because I believe that everyone has free will and should be given the right to decide if they want a child or not. I have many friends who are male and female who have been raped and abused. In some cases I am close to I can see why a girl may have an abortion since she would not be able to look after the child and her situation was too dangerous.
My mother was 16 when she had my sister. she was thrown out of her home by her parents with only the cloths she stood in. The father did not help her and she could have had an abortion but she kept the my sister and made her way through life to where she is now and the challenges she’s faced have shown me that everyone has a choice and a right to free will.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:29 am
Hi, I'm Sorcha and Im also from Ireland.
I'm pro choice because it just makes so much more sense to me than being pro-life  

moonflowerislemonflavour

The Velveteen Violinist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:24 pm
GAH!

How long have I been here?

I'm Air Pirate Mako Streak, but I changed my name to ..le Chat du Noir.. .

Call me Mako. Call me Mako Streak. Call me le Chat. Just don't call me Kitty Babe.

Okay, so I'm one of the many wonderful Pro-Choice artists here, by the way.

Basically, I'm a Japanese girl and have an extreme dislike of people who go around call cats "neko" and foxes "kitsune" without knowing how to yell, "I'M DYING AND AM IN NEED OF URGENT MEDICAL ATTENTION!"

The first phrase I teach my friends is "Heru ni Ee.te Kudasai." PM me if you know what that means! heart

Anyways, I'm Pro-Choice.

Duh.

I have a pelvic condition and other problems that make both birth as well as a C-sect 85% fatal to me at the last count.

But my Pro-Choice is beyond just me, that would be selfish.

Adoption is not an option, for one thing. Have you been to the slums of Thailand, China, India, and third world countries? Most of them are little more than whorehouses where people pay to sexually abuse little children.

If you think you're seen poverty and misery and haven't been there, you haven't seen anything.

Secondly, I believe in the rights of women etc.

Basically, reproductive rights. I don't want the fetus in there and I won't have the fetus in there.

Okay? Hey, you pro-life people, go ahead and be pro-life. Just don't make ME be like YOU!

No offense over there, but every time I refuse to ******** a man down and dirty, OMG! There's one more innocent child that will never see the light of day!

I'm a murderess!

I made an animation that explains that...
User Image

Dun get me wrong, I LOVE babies, children and people overall. That's why I'm Pro-Choice- Pro-life shouldn't end at birth, really.

Ooo, if anyone's gonna quote this post and say, "Ooo, look at the stupid reasons for being pro-choice," PM me and I'll give you the real joint.

Okay?

Thanks!

heart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:13 pm
Hey, I'm Himika and I'm pro-choice because I can't guarantee that If I got pregnant that I would want to have the baby, I also believe that all women (like everyone else) have the right to choose what to do with themselves.  

Himika (the gummi bear)

cat__claw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:45 am
Hello, my name is Cat.

I'm pro-choice because, as a young woman, I don't want anyone making choices for me involving my body. I'm going away to college in the fall and I don't like the fact that, under a pro-life views, I could be forced to give up my dreams and carry a child to term.

Not to mention that most of the pro-life arguments are extremely ridiculous and can be refuted by someone with even the most miniscule amount of logic.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:45 am
I've been a member for a while, but I guess I should introduce myself here since I've been away for so long. Apparently I'm making lots of friends among the more recent members... sweatdrop  

Lelas

Oni no Tenshi

7,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:47 am
Hello all, I am pro-choice because I believe that as we are all thinking, feeling, high-order creatures, we should all have the power over our own bodies, specifically through the right of bodily domain, to make decisions, no matter how "frivolous" (in other people's eyes) or serious.

I am often active in the Pro-Choice thread in ED and I am happy to talk with or explain my stance further if you would like to know more.

Thank you for accepting my application, Mipsy Kitten.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:16 pm
Lelas
I've been a member for a while, but I guess I should introduce myself here since I've been away for so long. Apparently I'm making lots of friends among the more recent members... sweatdrop

Yes, I'd say your kind of pro-choice mentality is being re-welcomed very...uh...nicely...>.<  

mMelatonin

MipsyKitten
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:59 am
Oni-Angel
Thank you for accepting my application, Mipsy Kitten.

No problem, but I thought you were already a member of this guild. I was quite shocked to find you weren't!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:05 am
Lelas

I remember you, if that's any condolence, and last I knew you were a reasonable and respectable debator. Though. I, too, took a nice break from Gaia. Even gave away my Mini-Angels for free thinking I would never come back. Yet here I am! Amazing how it works, huh?  

Mikami

3,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

October Cross

Fluffy Conventioneer

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:35 pm
Hi! I'm October and I've always been pro choice. I actually am in a situation now that has required me to make the decision to undergo the procedure. I will probably document my experience here in the pro-choice guild, since I am surrounded here by people with the support and backing I need. You know, the ones who won't be spamming things like:

"ZOMG YOU ARE AWFUL! scream scream scream scream " at me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:07 pm
Yea! Hi I'm Allie. I'm 14, and i believe a woman should have the right to choose whether or not to carry a child to term. I'm pro-choice, and realativley liberal.  

[Gunpowder + Gelatine]

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:41 pm
Hi!^^
I'm new and um I'm Pro-Choice because I beleive a person should have the right to their body and do whatever they want with it. I have more resons but I'm lazy. I'm about to turn 14 and some other facts about me are

-I'm an Anarchist and an Atheist
-I'm starting to be a vegitarian
-wow I'm boring because that pretty much it  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games