Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:04 pm
@ Cale: Down boy. You're bound to get a broken blood vessel in your brain.

@ Paul: Quit whining. It's getting on my nerves. Just because you dont' have seven legions, four fleets, and force powers that rival yoda's means you'll have to struggle a little bit.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:42 pm
You confuse Cale with an actual Naval Power.
And every ship in my fleet has been either paid for her services or was stolen or bought through black market connections.

Which I explained if anyone read my posts.

They remain loyal to Cale only as long as he can keep bringing in the cash.

You proposed to have an entire military force suddenly spawn up and follow you loyally without question.

And sorry for the cursing but honestly, you're getting really annoying with this fleet spawning.

Ive been pretty leniant with a lot of your s**t, such as your made up lightsaber style and your incredible ability to track me in the RP, and I was wiling to overlook your ideas to have some super armors locked away in your mind for later use (Abet I did gripe about that a little) and I even worked with you to provide you with a realistic freighter transport.
So when I start bitching on a scale like my last post, you know theres serious problems with your plan.
So sit on it.

And CW? kiss my a**.  

Sol Walker
Crew

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:19 pm
Nelo: Yea, dun worry about tthe Legion bit. I'll either sneak them out or have Archaras be the sole survivor of a big ol' battle.

Cale: I thank you for being lenient with me. And double check your facts before you post, I didn't want a fleet by the point you posted. I wanted a Cruiser by then.

And you don't have to curse on that scale period. If a non-mod/admin did that he'd get his a** banned in a heartbeat...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:38 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
And you don't have to curse on that scale period. If a non-mod/admin did that he'd get his a** banned in a heartbeat...

That isn't entirely... accurate...

plus, He said one curse word, two insults. You returned with five curse words and seven insults. You're not really banned yet.

Though let me say something: You've still got to explain how you manage to influence an entire legion, which you never had control of (the dying words don't mean crap, since IKs were never permanent generals) and with you ousted for over a year, have had recruits in that are probably loyal to the sith.

So just consider that. I'm only trying to tell you what has gone down, and that only about 70% of your legion can really be considered "loyal" at best. But don't make it a big deal. You can always pick up rogues, mercs, and sympathizers during the four-year gap that are not part of the legion. If you break off, remember that your technology is going to become different from the sith, and unless you find an imperial supplier, you won't have the option of keeping imperial technology. Especially hanging around a GLF faction.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:53 pm
Hmmm...you make an excellent point.

I was promoted up through the ranks, and Calgar was their permanent General. I was his second in command, and with his death I was officially in command.

And I think the big catastrophic battle would be better anyway. Interesting stuff to use it for as far as ARcharas is concerned...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:15 am
Only for the remainder of battle. you would have been replaced as commander as soon as a replacement came in. Which probably would have been the second in command of the legion.

So your control really was never solidified, because IKs are not military personel. They can only assume control in times of severe crisis, or under specific mandate. They are warriors, not generals.

This is the point you have got to get through your head. Whatever Calgar says, it doesn't make it official. He can't break military protocol because he's a softie for some IK. Its like a military general turning over a brigade to a person in the Secret Service. IT just does not happen. Not even Drako could assume command of a legion at any old time.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:49 pm
So a legion is equal to a division? I've never heard that before. I went with the true (Real World) size for a legion which in the roman army was 2,000 men... Which in a modern army would be roughly a battalion. If a legion was 20,000+ why do we only see about half a company of troops on Endor. Even badly depleted a 20,000 man unit would never get THAT small.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:03 pm
a clone army of 3 million, Oversized legions...
Someone is seriously screwing something up somewhere with military strength in star wars.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:06 pm
The GAR is either 10 million strong, or a legion isn't 20k in numbers.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:07 pm
in a galaxy of millions of worlds, ten million clones seems a tad small, especially given the overly high casualties that they almost always seem to suffer.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:36 pm
Well, in Shatterpoitn, Mace specifically states 3 million or so clones. but then again, its three years into the war.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:57 pm
And Karen Traviss says the same thing in Triple Zero.
I know.
But that doesnt change the fact that 3 Million Clones is a gross miscaculation on the strength required to engage in a massive intergalactic conflict and substain the casualty rates portrayed in Comic Books, Cartoon, And literature.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:03 pm
Nelowulf
Thats the ******** name of my school
Grand Army of the Republic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:05 pm
Des Voh
Nelowulf

Now, more than ever before, you're obligated to either purchase or make a Clonetrooper outfit.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:07 pm
Cale Darksun
Des Voh
Nelowulf

Now, more than ever before, you're obligated to either purchase or make a Clonetrooper outfit.

Hahahaha. I should.

Its a school full of jocks and preps.

And all they ******** care about is Football...  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games