Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:36 pm
So..what's Fett's flamethrower base don?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:43 pm
Whoa! It's odd (to me) how all these weapons are accually from real weapons eek  

Wulf Wraithclaw

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:00 pm
The prop boys do their jobs well dont they?

I wonder how large an improvement the ARC blaster of Legacy is over the E-11.
More accurate maybe?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:41 am
The Perennial
Nospai Deathous
yes, i love weapons. but that's besides the point.

the star wars weapons are mostly heavily modified real-world weapons, mostly from WW2. i have a fun time finding and recognizing them. see how many you can spot, and put your findings here. here's what i found (pictures where available):

Boba Fett's rifle,
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
is most obviously a vietnam-era M79
(heavily modified)

Apologies if someone's already mentioned it and I missed it, but...

Actually, Boba fett's blaster rifle (Both the ROTJ and ESB version) is based off of a Webley & Scott MK1 Flare gun.

actually, that's the ROTJ rifle Fett uses, not the ESB. but someone previously did correct me on the ESB rifle he had which was also based off of a flare gun.

and Cale, i only calls 'em as i sees 'em, and from looking at pictures alone it looks remarkably like the M79 (it's hard to find good pics of fett's rifle in ESB). i don't consider flare guns to be real weapons tho =P  

Nospai Deathous

JRay18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:21 pm
Although if you fire one at a person it would probably hurt. Althgough, true, it's not a real gun, it still can be used as a weapon. (As most everything can.)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:03 pm
My eyeball can be a weapon; my bubble wrap can be a weapon.

The difference though, is that neither one is used offensively as one. Last time i checked, Hitman didn't offer a section of Bubble wrap to kill people with, rather than a pair of .45s.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:16 pm
Nelowulf

The difference though, is that neither one is used offensively as one. Last time i checked, Hitman didn't offer a section of Bubble wrap to kill people with, rather than a pair of .45s.

precisely. Kirika in Noir used an ID card to kill someone. but you don't see them confiscating drivers' liscenses at airports. or toy trucks, as the wheels can be removed and the bar they're attached to slid out and used to stab someone.

k, enough Noir references.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:07 pm
Why stop there?
You're a massive Noir Fan.
surely you can stand more such refrerences.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:01 pm
true, but that doesn't mean everyone else is, and it's unkind of me to make them suffer from more examples of using unconventional means to kill people on the show. like sharp nails with poison painted onto them.

dammit, i did it again.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:21 am
Nelowulf

Let's not even talk about the stuff the allow in schools. Pencils, Staples, paper clips....

It all depends on how the person uses them...a gun isn't even dangerous until someone makes it dangerous.  

DreadedAssassin

Rumpy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:40 am
Random fact:
Obi wan (alec guiness) and darth vader (big wiltshire chap) broke more *lightsabers* in a new hope than any other fight.

does any1 know how many (i'm not sure exactly)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:24 am
DreadedAssassin
Nelowulf

Let's not even talk about the stuff the allow in schools. Pencils, Staples, paper clips....

It all depends on how the person uses them...a gun isn't even dangerous until someone makes it dangerous.

how true that is.

as the cliche saying goes, guns don't kill people. people kill people.

the gun just happens to be between them.  

Alianna Naviri

Kronos_214

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:04 am
Storm Trooper Assalt Rifle
Side-arm
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:10 am
Hey does anyone have the most recent issue of Game informer, because on page 37 there's a picture for an article called "The Art of Next-Gen Star Wars" where some jedi cuts through an entire AT-AT with what seems like two 20 ft. lightsabers. So my question is, is there such a thing as variable length lightsabers?  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:28 am
Yes, some sabers were able to convert from 2-4 meters in length.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games