Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:36 am
@ Uber: I think the micro concussion missles are only just small ccmissles. no extra punch, only smaller for storm. I would totally get storm if I was a bounty hunter, but that means killing the hapan prince, ant that's hard work...

@ Heritic: Yea, maneuverability suffers, but if you have so many guns on the thing, then really it doesn't matter, now does it? Just get some droids to help you out, so that it can be semi-believabel. Some AI cpu system may help too.

@ Robin: Go ahead. get sleep first.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:58 am
Nelowulf
@ Uber: I think the micro concussion missles are only just small ccmissles. no extra punch, only smaller for storm. I would totally get storm if I was a bounty hunter, but that means killing the hapan prince, ant that's hard work...

@ Heritic: Yea, maneuverability suffers, but if you have so many guns on the thing, then really it doesn't matter, now does it? Just get some droids to help you out, so that it can be semi-believabel. Some AI cpu system may help too.

@ Robin: Go ahead. get sleep first.

Ok, thanks. I was just wondering if they were any weaker, not stronger though. But I guess not. So is shards going to make a stop at the Hapes cluster sometime?  

Uber_Bunny

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:13 pm
I've been wondering that myself for a time. I mean, I know very little about the Hapan Cluster, but it seems that thoughout the entire history of the universe, they seem to be somewhat isolated with the politics of everyone else. I mean, no real fighting occured there during the Clone Wars, and the Empire kind of left them alone.

They're self-isolated, and really don't have a cause to go to war against anyone who doesn't invade them.

I guess FP could send his fleet to the Hapan Cluster, and get his a** handed to him in a foolish strategy, but really, I don't think so.

They don't really enjoy outsiders much... except leia...

Though maybe I could work it in, but don't hope too much for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:19 pm
Nelowulf
I've been wondering that myself for a time. I mean, I know very little about the Hapan Cluster, but it seems that thoughout the entire history of the universe, they seem to be somewhat isolated with the politics of everyone else. I mean, no real fighting occured there during the Clone Wars, and the Empire kind of left them alone.

They're self-isolated, and really don't have a cause to go to war against anyone who doesn't invade them.

I guess FP could send his fleet to the Hapan Cluster, and get his a** handed to him in a foolish strategy, but really, I don't think so.

They don't really enjoy outsiders much... except leia...

Though maybe I could work it in, but don't hope too much for it.

Actualy it wouldn't be to hard, a lot of sith and jedi sought refuge there when they needed to hid, so a peice of your holocron could easily be there.  

Uber_Bunny

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:33 pm
Like I said, lacking knowledge about Hapan ideologies.

Maybe later. I know, I'd love to take a shot at storm, but Isoder is supposedly one hella pilot, and because he's a hero for NPCs probably wouldn't be allowed to shoot him down...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:32 pm
wow...times must be tough for stormies nowadays...two of them are in the RP.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Robin the Aussie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:25 am
Ok where to begin only based on the various SW games I have played and Star Wars EU books.

X-Wing: Simple old and reliable fighters though one of my personnal favs.

Y-Wings: Yes slow and not very mannuverable, but if you can dive and survive enemy laser blasts, eh you might get a better chance shooting them down with the Ion Cannon.

A-Wing: Fast, deadly, but light on firepower and shields though and doesn't have an R2 unit to repair damage.

V-Wing: An interesting fighter plays like a Snowspeeder except faster speed and more firepower to it, limited shields and again no R2 unit for repairs.

Then there are others from the game the bonus craft.

TIE Interceptor: Fast, deadly, but virtually defenseless and it only has laser blasters on the wingtips.

Millenium Falcon: Slow, bulky, hard to steer, quad laser cannons have bad aim, only good thing is it has a lot of missles in it.(yes I KNOW it techincally carries Concussion Missles, even though in Rogue Squadron it use Proton Torpedoes)

Naboo Starfigther: Personnal fav, faster then an X-Wing, fast firing nose tip laser cannons(with AT-AT laser sound effects) and a slightly large Proton Torpedo load then an X-Wing could carry.

I do know about various other craft too like B-Wing, TIE Bombers, Z-95 Headhunters, Star Vipers(Anyone remember them?, Prince Xizor's little fighters)

There is other stuff like the Out Rider, Millenium Falcon, Star Destroyers(all the various modeles), Blockade Runners(like the Tantive IV), then various Mon Calamari Cruisers, but I don't know their names.

EDIT: What craft would I like to pilot?, hm it comes down to what kind of mission I was doing.
If it was against a Star Destroyer I'ld probably pick either a Y-Wing or B-Wing for that sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:43 am
ok, for one thing every being in the Galaxy knows the Falcon is not slow. The games just don't do it justice. one aquaintence of Solo described the ship in this phras:"Looks like a garbage sledge, handles like an interceptor."  

Sol Walker
Crew

Robin the Aussie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:04 am
Cale Darksun
ok, for one thing every being in the Galaxy knows the Falcon is not slow. The games just don't do it justice. one aquaintence of Solo described the ship in this phras:"Looks like a garbage sledge, handles like an interceptor."
I know, just basing it off the game performance though, wich is not best representation of the Falcon.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:05 am
damn straight its not.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:29 pm
All of this stuff is game representation.

The Naboo Starfighter isn't faster than an X-wing, and against any Star Destroyer, i'd rather have a Coreillian corvette than any B or Y wing, simply due to teh fact that even on Ace mode in the games, you still can dodge a decent amount of fire.

The falcon isn't slow, but I'll garuntee it won't maneuver near as well as any fighter can, especially the Awing, which is quite powerful in terms of the galaxy.

And I'll also garuntee you that the Slave I is not slower than either the B or the Ywing at full throttle, and that there are no seeker cluster missles on his ship. He uses proton torpedoes as a personal fave.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:56 pm
By "fast" it means Hyperspeed.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:57 pm
just being fast in Hyperspace doesn't do solo any good in real space. The Sublights on the Falcon give it the nuts to outpace anything short of a TIE.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:02 pm
Cale Darksun
just being fast in Hyperspace doesn't do solo any good in real space. The Sublights on the Falcon give it the nuts to outpace anything short of a TIE.

well comparing the falcon to any sort of starfighter isnt really fair.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm
how so?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games