Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:01 pm

Cale Darksun
Has anyone ever watched this show "Monk"?
Its pretty good.

Like the show, but can't keep up with most television shows. I usually just wait for the series to come out on DvD and then pick it up.

Never seen House.

Cale Darksun
Writer's Strike.

Yay Communism!

God Bless,

May the Force be with us...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:03 pm

At least johnny's posted.

But it's friday, it's friiiidaaay..

lady_skuld

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:04 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about that happening.
And two school shootings this week, one day after the other. One died, the other was only wounded.
A 5th grader, and I think an 8th on the second time. I blame the media.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:06 pm

What does the media have to do with it?

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Does anyone ever notice that the places where shootings get the most popular media support are places that ban all forms of self-defense?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:12 pm

There is no excuse for school shootings. Period.

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:14 pm

lady_skuld
Does anyone ever notice that the places where shootings get the most popular media support are places that ban all forms of self-defense?

depends on your idea of Self defense, but yes the more defensless the victims the more attention the Media gives them.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:20 pm

Sayla-girl
lady_skuld

depends on your idea of Self defense, but yes the more defensless the victims the more attention the Media gives them.

Well, both malls and schools prohibit the use of guns, even on their own security staff usually. As if a nightstick was a match for an assault rifle.

lady_skuld

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:25 pm

lady_skuld
Sayla-girl
lady_skuld

Well, both malls and schools prohibit the use of guns, even on their own security staff usually. As if a nightstick was a match for an assault rifle.

So you're saying we should give teachers and rentacops guns.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:26 pm

Cale Darksun
lady_skuld
Sayla-girl
lady_skuld

So you're saying we should give teachers and rentacops guns.
That wouldn't help at all. Chances are someone would steal a teacher's gun if they had one and that would just make it easier to spread the violence.

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:29 pm

No, I'm saying allow for concealed weapon permits to be allowed. Last thing you need is Olaf the rent-a-cop killing someone on accident.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:30 pm

Agreed.
And what happens if a teacher or rentacop goes postal?
You already gave him the tool for the job.

Sol Walker
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:30 pm

Concealed guns don't exactly give me any confidence. To me that just adds more fuel to the fire.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:32 pm

lady_skuld
No, I'm saying allow for concealed weapon permits to be allowed. Last thing you need is Olaf the rent-a-cop killing someone on accident.

So the second someone opens fire it sets off a powder keg of lead.

Sol Walker
Crew

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm

Maybe you don't feel safe on your farm without something a bit faster than the omaha police, but honestly, I do know a thing or two about shooting straight.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games