Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xNack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:22 pm

Ral Roke
I just hope you know how to fly at least. It won't end well it he can't do that. And he definitely doesn't want to try and steal from me. But then again there's little reason to since I'm only a small corvette.

true... he never mentioned nothin about knowing how to fly a vessel LOL

xNack
ok, so what you say is that a vibroblade is not useful FOR A PIRATE then... not for another type of character... so no much to say..

PD: i dont watch anime so, that comment on the middle, was pointless.

Actually, its not useful but for three people: Force users, Jedi/sith hunters, and collectors.

The first knows them, the middle will only fall back if nothing else works not even retreat, and the last will want them.

Think about the GCW era. How many people walked around with these things? Very few. A blaster is a beautiful weapon, because johnny normal over there can't move faster than plasma at 800 meters per second, nor does a vibrosword really block a blaster. Short of a jedi (non-existant at that time) the chances of it being useful are minute.

Even in legacy, they hold little value. Want to counter a sith blade, use a slugthrower. Want to kill that bounty? use a blaster.

The era of the vibrosword is over. It would be banned if it weren't for the fact that perhaps, for some magical reason, someone comes along with a really good excuse as to why they use one.

For the most part, there aren't any places to learn to use one, and more importantly, the only opponents which you'd fight with a vibrosword are more talented than you.

Its nice as a collector's item, or looking a part, but unless you're doing either, you wouldn't be inclined to use one.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AzraelBronze

Well my character is just a kid so I gave him the vibro blade sword to make him imaginative. He is rich so there is possibility that he either knows how to use or it is decoration, which in this case it is. The ship is negotiable I could go with a freighter but then again it is a rich kid so he will go for something he would see in holovids. The pistol is for the same reason as the ship.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:28 pm

AzraelBronze
Well my character is just a kid so I gave him the vibro blade sword to make him imaginative. He is rich so there is possibility that he either knows how to use or it is decoration, which in this case it is. The ship is negotiable I could go with a freighter but then again it is a rich kid so he will go for something he would see in holovids. The pistol is for the same reason as the ship.

Well, if that's the case, you can keep them. But you'll almost have to make him figure out the hard way he doesn't know diddly squat.

Sure, he saw them in a vid. But aren't teenagers more inclined to go up to the starship dealer and ask "Give me the best thing you got?"

The freighter is also probably more likely able to be purchased without having a real high-end liscence. I mean, consider that the blockade runner is a military ship. unless we're talking a really high roller, I doubt he'd easily part with a price tag on an antique ship which still requires a crew of over 50 to work properly...

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:28 pm

I will say one thing though. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a group of people like saber rakes with vibroblades. But for all practical purposes, a blaster is the way to go. You aren't going try to fight up close while tiabanna is flying over your head.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Nelowulf
AzraelBronze

Well, if that's the case, you can keep them. But you'll almost have to make him figure out the hard way he doesn't know diddly squat.

Sure, he saw them in a vid. But aren't teenagers more inclined to go up to the starship dealer and ask "Give me the best thing you got?"

The freighter is also probably more likely able to be purchased without having a real high-end liscence. I mean, consider that the blockade runner is a military ship. unless we're talking a really high roller, I doubt he'd easily part with a price tag on an antique ship which still requires a crew of over 50 to work properly...

Well one the ship is so old that it is obsolete as a military vessel so no license needed. Two he can easily crew it with droids that can be put into the profile.

AzraelBronze

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:30 pm

Ral Roke
I will say one thing though. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a group of people like saber rakes with vibroblades. But for all practical purposes, a blaster is the way to go. You aren't going try to fight up close while tiabanna is flying over your head.

They weren't going to be a pirate, neither... Shoot at a saber rake? are you kidding me? They'd crap their pants the first time they boarded a freighter and found their noses up against a blaster rifle.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:31 pm

Ral Roke

Well that is the reason he has the blaster and is'nt tibanna flamable the vibro blade would be used in that case.

AzraelBronze

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:32 pm

Nelowulf
Ral Roke

They weren't going to be a pirate, neither... Shoot at a saber rake? are you kidding me? They'd crap their pants the first time they boarded a freighter and found their noses up against a blaster rifle.

I meant that to say that their could be ways to learn how to use the blade. I'm definitely not endorsing it.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:34 pm

Nelowulf
xNack
ok, so what you say is that a vibroblade is not useful FOR A PIRATE then... not for another type of character... so no much to say..

PD: i dont watch anime so, that comment on the middle, was pointless.

Actually, its not useful but for three people: Force users, Jedi/sith hunters, and collectors.

The first knows them, the middle will only fall back if nothing else works not even retreat, and the last will want them.

Think about the GCW era. How many people walked around with these things? Very few. A blaster is a beautiful weapon, because johnny normal over there can't move faster than plasma at 800 meters per second, nor does a vibrosword really block a blaster. Short of a jedi (non-existant at that time) the chances of it being useful are minute.

Even in legacy, they hold little value. Want to counter a sith blade, use a slugthrower. Want to kill that bounty? use a blaster.

The era of the vibrosword is over. It would be banned if it weren't for the fact that perhaps, for some magical reason, someone comes along with a really good excuse as to why they use one.

For the most part, there aren't any places to learn to use one, and more importantly, the only opponents which you'd fight with a vibrosword are more talented than you.

Its nice as a collector's item, or looking a part, but unless you're doing either, you wouldn't be inclined to use one.

OK, they are USELESS ok? is that what you wanted me to say? stare

oh, and why would a jedi hunter would have a vibroblade, the lightsaber cuts the blade rolleyes

xNack

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:34 pm

AzraelBronze
Nelowulf
AzraelBronze

Well one the ship is so old that it is obsolete as a military vessel so no license needed. Two he can easily crew it with droids that can be put into the profile.

Stilll need a liscence, no matter what kind of vessel it is, and it's too large to not get tagged for a military vessel. Its no freighter, so it'll be classified as military corvette.

As for droids, no amount of automation could ever help you that much. droids are good for repair and such, but to fight with? Before you even state battledroids, we'll quickly not let ourselves use B2s, Droidekas, etc. You'll need even more equiptment, more automation, just to run those things.

not to mention, you have to find someone that produces droids that old (junkyard digging only gets so far) which is unlikely, and the newer ones won't be sold to a private investor. Well, not for the amount of cash you have, at least.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:35 pm

Gah...
I just sent him a Summary of the Era, and a Write up of the Factions in our RP, suggested he go for a 120, told him to drop the DL-44, suggested a Rawk Chopped or some Generic unnamed Heavy Blaster Pistol, and asked him some touch of life questions...hopefully he'll incorporate them...

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:35 pm

xNack
you're doing either, you wouldn't be inclined to use one.

oh, and why would a jedi hunter would have a vibroblade, the lightsaber cuts the blade rolleyes

Not if its made from Phrik or cortosis alloy.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:39 pm

Nelowulf
xNack
you're doing either, you wouldn't be inclined to use one.

Not if its made from Phrik or cortosis alloy.

stare well as you said, there arent many vibroblades on this era, so why would the only left be of that material?

xNack

AzraelBronze

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:40 pm

Nelowulf
AzraelBronze
Nelowulf
AzraelBronze

Stilll need a liscence, no matter what kind of vessel it is, and it's too large to not get tagged for a military vessel. Its no freighter, so it'll be classified as military corvette.

As for droids, no amount of automation could ever help you that much. droids are good for repair and such, but to fight with? Before you even state battledroids, we'll quickly not let ourselves use B2s, Droidekas, etc. You'll need even more equiptment, more automation, just to run those things.

not to mention, you have to find someone that produces droids that old (junkyard digging only gets so far) which is unlikely, and the newer ones won't be sold to a private investor. Well, not for the amount of cash you have, at least.

Well it can also be considered a personal yacht after all the CR-90 is also used as a pleasure ship. Automation can be handled through slave rigging which is not only possible for a ship this size but cheep. Size wise Talon Karrde uses a ship that size and needs no license.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games