Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crenn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:15 am
This just annoys me a little. I'm a techonlogy 'wiz'. Most people know that. But a guy was asking me to help him pirate protected DVDs and got pissy at me when I said I wouldn't help him. Is it me, or was I actually doing the guy a favour by not helping him?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:30 am
Crenn
This just annoys me a little. I'm a techonlogy 'wiz'. Most people know that. But a guy was asking me to help him pirate protected DVDs and got pissy at me when I said I wouldn't help him. Is it me, or was I actually doing the guy a favour by not helping him?

*shrugs* Doing yourself a favour by not helping him, keeping yourself away from the risks of being caught with pirated material. Not really doing him a favour, only delaying the actual crime from taking place.

Personally my opinion is that as long as someone isn't making money from it there is no real harm done. People have been making copies of films and music for over 20 years, it is only in the recent didigtal age it is becomming a big deal. Because these multi-billion dollar corperation are afraid of loosing money off those that would normally be forced to pay for the material to view it. Sure it adds up, but is still a drop in the bucket compared to how much profit they actually make.

My argument is, if I wasn't going to buy it what differance does it make? One might counter that with why do I have it if I never planed on buying, why do I even have a copy? Simple, because I could have as easily barrowed it from a friend in which case I would have still had access to that martial and for free. So, honestly, how much differance does it make for me to make a copy of it so I am not constantly using their's which I have free access to anyway?

Selene Aries

Crenn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:12 am
It turns out the guy actually wanted to watch a movie from a Region 2 DVD on a computer set to Region 4. I've directed him to Region Free software which he can buy if he chooses to.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:40 am
Mwahaha! Mod I've been talking to upon Nanaki's suggestion has located my things and froze trading/selling on all accounts used to steal my things. As soon as my report is processed the accounts will be banned and my stuff returned. Hahaha! Brother and his mule(s) will be banned! rofl  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

PrairieGhost

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:54 am
shoki_de_nai
Mwahaha! Mod I've been talking to upon Nanaki's suggestion has located my things and froze trading/selling on all accounts used to steal my things. As soon as my report is processed the accounts will be banned and my stuff returned. Hahaha! Brother and his mule(s) will be banned! rofl
Yay! *HUGS* I'm so happy for you! <3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:58 am
prairieghost
shoki_de_nai
Yay! *HUGS* I'm so happy for you! <3

Me too, now all I gotta do is wait for my things to get returned. Thanks Nanaki for the mod suggestion! And thanks to the mod called 'Stop Him'! x3  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

PrairieGhost

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:15 am
Good luck! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:30 am
Yaye Shoki-san!

That whole event has made me glad my brother is only Four. ^^;;;

Spending time with Mon Andrew-love = Fun. <3

Still kinda amazed how it took me nearly two years to noticed that he loved me.

(I have a feeling only Crenn will understand what in the name of Gaia I'm talking about)  

Aylin Mari Dakarai

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:31 am
I was just informed it may take several months to get my things returned. So, maybe a couple people could commission me to get me back on my feet a little?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:03 pm
shoki_de_nai
I was just informed it may take several months to get my things returned. So, maybe a couple people could commission me to get me back on my feet a little?

How is this going to take several months? The mods have proof your brother hacked you, so all they have to do is take your items back from him and trade them back to you. I fail to see how this problem would take more than a week or two to fix. confused

What are your comission rates?  

FogSage

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:08 pm
FogSage
shoki_de_nai

How is this going to take several months? The mods have proof your brother hacked you, so all they have to do is take your items back from him and trade them back to you. I fail to see how this problem would take more than a week or two to fix. confused

What are your comission rates?

That's pretty stupid if they know who it was..It shouldn't take months to trade all of the items on his accounts back to yours.

But that's Gaia for you. It takes them months to fix a simple problem..>_>  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:19 pm
shoki_de_nai
how much?  

Rainey_angel81

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:10 pm
I'm particularly sad today. The person I bought somthing for, and who assumed I was buying they're love, has told all her friends, and suddenly they want to be my friends...and im falling for it because im lonely. Sigh.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:12 pm
UglyCoyoteNG
I'm particularly sad today. The person I bought somthing for, and who assumed I was buying they're love, has told all her friends, and suddenly they want to be my friends...and im falling for it because im lonely. Sigh.

Don't fall for it, they're just going to use you to get what they want and as soon as they get it, they're not going to give you a second thought *hugs*  

Rainey_angel81

Nekoyaki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:19 pm
40 minutes to class, and still no bristol. OR a doctors note for not being there last time. ********. Bad decisions ftw.

I think I'll be taking my ritalin from now on. Not the stratera, though. I just noticed that when my ritalin kicked in, I got really irritated at myself for being so irresponsible.

Goddammit. I'm a ******** moron.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games