Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
$The Random Caravan$ Your Spontaneous Spam Space! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:07 pm
w00t- I have one event out of the way. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:00 pm
YAH YOO REED THEES!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT

The whole story in that link.

My "count to 1,000" thread will be locked untill I return.

Other mods, I know we stated "don't make a thread if you can't handle it" but I'm gonna have to ask you guys to help out with the avatar thread. I don't want to have to continue the contest untill April for the month of March. So from now on, post all entries to the contest in the avatar thread itself, do not PM me about it untill I return!. I'll see you all in two weeks.  

Quadadiddle
Crew

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:05 pm
Hermetic
YAH YOO REED THEES!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT

The whole story in that link.

My "count to 1,000" thread will be locked untill I return.

Other mods, I know we stated "don't make a thread if you can't handle it" but I'm gonna have to ask you guys to help out with the avatar thread. I don't want to have to continue the contest untill April for the month of March. So from now on, post all entries to the contest in the avatar thread itself, do not PM me about it untill I return!. I'll see you all in two weeks.

Loop hole. No dvd player and only one console. PS2!! It's both! I love loop holes ^^

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:59 am
I don't know what's going on right now, other than we have to help out with the Ava contest. xp I have no problem, I'm just... blah...  

Jameta
Captain

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:36 am
Jameta
Ummm... I don't think I'm in emotional/physical the state to view what Hemmy put up, so would someone fill me in briefly? sweatdrop
In short, the few moments I watched was a cut and dry animal cruelty case. They had racoons in cages for the fur industry, and lets just say that the way they were dispatched was "Neanderthal" in nature. scream gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:33 am
blukattt
Jameta
Ummm... I don't think I'm in emotional/physical the state to view what Hemmy put up, so would someone fill me in briefly? sweatdrop
In short, the few moments I watched was a cut and dry animal cruelty case. They had racoons in cages for the fur industry, and lets just say that the way they were dispatched was "Neanderthal" in nature. scream gonk

the racoons were skined alive I didn't see the beginning I was writing on my book... sweatdrop so when I looked yeah... horrible people stressed  

Rakei

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:54 pm
blukattt
Jameta

I think Neanderthals might have had a bit of a problem with the cruelty inflicted upon those animals. That's why I try to avoid watching stuff like that. It pisses me off so much and it always leaves me feeling helpless to do anything! (And people wonder why I'm a vegetarian!)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:12 pm
Atma311
blukattt
Jameta

I think Neanderthals might have had a bit of a problem with the cruelty inflicted upon those animals. That's why I try to avoid watching stuff like that. It pisses me off so much and it always leaves me feeling helpless to do anything! (And people wonder why I'm a vegetarian!)
Ahh, thank you- definitely couldn't watch tahht right now. ^^;

...Who ever thinks real skin, no matter what type, is in fashion needs to be shot and skinned themselves. Honestly, fake fur is much nicer and more sanitary. Doesn't stink.

And why racoon? I thought no one in the fashion world would be caught in stripes anymore. Then again, I'm not into that scene. sweatdrop

On the note of vegetarianism, I'm on a case-by-case basis with people. Personally, I would find going undercover, like the people who bring us these movies, need to get whatever training necessary to have like "animal-busts". Instead of Greenpeace terrorizing people, they should be trained in law enforcement and just break into these inhumane slaughter houses. It would do both the animals and consumers a favor.

How does it help the meat-eating consumers, you might ask? Well, just as the best plants grow from care and proper attention, so does the best meat. These individuals are the scumbags trying to skim by with the minimal amount so they can cash in. I, a proud omnivore, demand better! I want my beef, pork, and poultry to be happy in life and have a guick, stress-free death so I may enjoy it to the best of the animals' abilities; by treating them poorly, these wannabe-farmers are not allowing the animals grow to their full potential. I know this may touch a nerve for some people, but many farm animals have the function of feeding those higher in the food-chain, and by whatever power created us and them, I do not want them to live in vain by not suceeding, being spat out by a family because it was too lean. it's not the animal's fault- it's the farmer's! scream

So, uhh, yeah. sweatdrop I think that if we really want to get that situation under control, it needs more action and law enforcement. The Humane Society is able to have "animal cops", so I'm sure it's possible to have a volunteer group that goes after the morons in the farming industry. I've seen a type in action among dog or cat breeders where some undercover volunteers go into a very poor, underground/black-market breeding center and rescue animals, so I could see the same with people going and busting poor slaughterhouses.

Just be sure to give GP members power-set tazers and non-lethal tranquilazers(sp?) so they don't kill anyone. sweatdrop  

Jameta
Captain

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:49 pm
We have another Nick in the guild. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:51 pm
Atma311
you have yet another one *points to self* biggrin  

Akwila

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:19 am
"I Nicky 1, now you Nicky too/two."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:20 am
akwila
Atma311

I was referring to you lol  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:05 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:47 pm
Atma311
akwila
Atma311

I was referring to you lol
xp  

Akwila

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:53 pm
Jameta
...Who ever thinks real skin, no matter what type, is in fashion needs to be shot and skinned themselves. Honestly, fake fur is much nicer and more sanitary. Doesn't stink.
sweatdrop Ummm, I don't know; I'm still a metal head, and I love my leather jacket...but fur? At least the "neanderthals" would hold rituals devoted to praising the animal that not only gave them the fur to survive, but also the food, bones for tools, etc.

Nowadays they just take the fur and leave everything else to rot...at least Nature will see to it to make the best out of what's left. I'm sure hunters like that think "Gee, I'll just leave the rest out here for other animals"...as if they're doing a favor for Nature. stressed A$$holes; it's no wonder I don't hunt anymore.

Sorry if I haven't been on much; I'm tre sick, and I still have to work, so it takes all my concentration to do it. sweatdrop  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games