Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[dr.purple]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:17 pm
Hello my name is [dr.purple]. I am 16 years old and I live in Lakeside, California. Sometimes I forget my grammar and spell wrong I am trying to stop it but it is quite hard. If anyone finds an error in my typing please PM me so I will remember it the next time I type. Oh and what does OCD stand for?PM me if you know 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:40 am
Hi, I'm a new grammatically empowered individual here razz biggrin I'm 18, and from India, studying English Literature. I love reading, watching anime, writing creative pieces and listening to music. ^_^  

Celestia25

Interesting Cat

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Contributor 150

Lady Konoha

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:49 pm
Hello, I'm konohas_sweetheart, and I am new to this guild. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:48 am
Hey, y'all. Nobody quite seems to know what age I am, as I have the maturity of a grade-schooler and the vocabulary of a college student. While literate, I have my own way of speaking which often includes bad (or borderline) grammar, but the thing about that is that I can use good grammar. I'm literate, just not particularily articulate. Phrases like 'I'm gonna kill you dead' happen to illustrate that.  

Zero.Caritas

undesirable_sacrifice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:32 am
Hello,

My name is Kc. I love literature and poetry. There is not a lot i can say that you can't ask me. I will glady let you know more about me. I enjoy making friends, writing poetry, and stories.

Hope to see you guys around the guild.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:48 am
Hola all! My name is Valerie, but please call me red. ^_^;; Um I do often make mistakes and I know 1337 (but almost never use it.) I also know what OCD stands for and can be very sarcastic. Irony is my middle name. (So don't be offended by my...ironic and sarcastic...ness) I hate doing intro thing-ys also so this probably won't make much sense.
Um...I'm 14 and thats about all you need to know. I love to talk so feel free to pm me. Oh and... I love pie.

King Val

SarSar101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:46 pm
Ugh... I suck at these intro-things. My name is Nikki, I'm fourteen, and I am a total anime freak. I'm boring and weird and I guess that's it.
Oh, and I'm having signature related issues. I'll have to ask my friend to help me out. So yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:03 pm
Hello,

My name is Jake and I am 15. I love literature, classic, as well as modern. My favorite genre is usually Fantasy/Adventure/Sci-fi but I am also a big fan of Edgar Allen Poe, Steinbeck and Dostoyevsky. I also like Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, the Lemony Snicket series, and countless others. I am thinking of becoming a writer one day.

Glad to be here! smile
Jake  

DJ_blak jak

God of lunchboxes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:09 pm
Err, hello. I'm not quite sure what to say here. I have only my salutations. So hello, again.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:43 pm
Meh, I'm here.
I suck at introductions and I can't spell.

I enjoy role playing, reading, writing, and drawing.

I love music and hate grammer (though not as much as i hate math. I lothe math).
So why am I in this guild?

I hate internet talk... i hate it very much.

But, realy, I'm here because I was asked to join.

heart heart heart
Be seeing you!

Lengna

poggles

Sparkly Fairy

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:48 am
Hey biggrin

I'm Anna, or poggles, depending on which you actually remember...probably poggles.

I don't know how good my grammer/spelling stuff is, but I agree it's important not to let chatspeak overrun everything. razz I type how I think then reread and edit so it makes sense. This is probably obvious in how I type. Sorry (no, I'm not really sorry) if that bothers you.

I'm an amazing person. You should all want to know me. (Or not - either way...)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:20 am
Hello everyone, my name's Suki. I don't have a special "passion" for grammar but if I see a mistake or someone using "chat speak" I get irritated. I'm obsessive over spelling too... If anyone wants to know any other interests you can PM me.

By the way, I do tend to use abbreviations such as "lol", "brb", "g2g", etc. Please don't hate me for it but sometimes it's easier. It also sounds odd if you type out "Laugh out loud".
sweatdrop

Anyways just saying hi. See you all later! ^.^  

suki_hinami

Rinmer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:49 am
My name is Erin Porter, I am fourteen years old and I'm a talented artist and writer.
My laptop and I have been through hard times, resulting in the upsetting absense of my space key, and a very vexing broken "J" key. If some of my words end up stuck together I apologize.
My avatar is actually a character from a novel I'm writing, I'm surprised the name wasn't taken! I'm glad that I didn't need to add a bunch of numbers or apostrophies! ^-^
I've been told by my sister that I can be arrogant at times, and I'm beginning to think my mother sees me as obstinate and inflexible. I have a problem with sarcasm (I use it excessively), which generally results in me being grounded from my weekend of being allowed on this computer.
Yes, another matter! I'm only allowed on the computer during Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, unless I get grounded. Of course, I sneak on occasionally and I'm allowed on when we have no school on days other than the weekend as well.
I love anime, simply put I am an otaku. Some of my favorites are Naruto, Hellsing, Inuyasha, Trinity Blood, Wolf's Rain, Fruits Basket, and D.N Angel. These are only a few.
Sabaku no Gaara is my love, much to my boyfriend's annoyance, and Sesshomaru is number two!
I have an account on Deviantart, SilverEyes-chan, but I haven't posted any of my pictures yet. I will soon.
I have received several writing awards in school and I'm expected by my nice yet pressuring parents to maintain my ninenty-five average all throughout high school.
In grade eight I randomly wrote a story about going to a ski resort with my class and the teacher was utterly shocked. She began reading it to all her classes, saying that it far exceeded anything she would do and it was at the "University" level. I mentioned this why? Because I feel the need to be arrogant at the moment.
I have a Naruto headband in real life that I don to school each day, it's terribly amusing when people I don't know come up to me and ask what it is.
One last thing, I am a Canadian and proud.
I'm certainly glad not to be part of the country that wears it's ignorance on its sleeve. Americans believe that they are the greatest country, yet they have most of the Asian population as enemies. If a man with tan skin, an accent, and a turban went onto a plane, chances are he's going to be associated with a hijacking.
Canada is magnificent.
That is all I have to say,  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:50 am
OK well my introduction is not going to be as fabulous as everyone else's.

I am a very literate 22 year old that has been through college and earned an Associate Degree. I tend to correct people when they misspell; only to help them either to learn or just to point out a typo. I don't say or think that I am great at spelling myself but I do like to share what I do know. If someone states they don't like it when I correct them then I take note not to do it again to that person. (I do it to mostly my friends that know me, and not so much to people I don't know unless they say "sp?" which does mean that they are not sure of their spelling.) Anyways I am just a normal girl who goes to work and makes a living from it. sweatdrop

I hope I did not intimidate anyone.  

poisonedwaters

Asuka Minerva

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:38 pm
I suppose it is rather imperative to introduce myself, even though I loathe these sort of things.
I am a 20 year old. I have just finished my Associates Degree. I love to act and perform in any way shape or form. Yet, when it comes to watching others, I grow bored and tired very quickly, particularly if there is any singing involved.
I love outdoor activities, especially when the day is beautiful and bright! If you like any of the things listed above please feel free to PM me. I love to meet new people!

-Asuka  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games