Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar the Last Airbender: [Spirit's Wrath]

Back to Guilds

Roleplay Guild based off of Avatar the Last Airbender 

Tags: Roleplay, Martial Arts, Avatar, Airbender, ATLA 

Reply Avatar the Last Airbender: Spirit's Wrath
Cactus Juice Ravings [OOC Chatroom] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 98 99 100 101 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:44 pm
call_me_ishmail1
Kind of makes sense though. I mean the only ones who could stop a bloodbender are another bloodbender and the avatar as shown in the latest episode and the one that introduced bloodbending.

I dont really care how to stop it, I just want to know what the hell was up with Amon.....

and I'm curious about how it'll end with the season finale coming up so soon...i know it's only set for a 13 episode season, but still...

I think Amon will get close to either losing or winning, something will happen, then it'll carry over to the second season...

Also, I'm calling it now, in the trailer...that scene where Amon was taking away Korra's bending, ether the avatar state will stop it, or it's just a dream. I'd like to see the avatar state, cause we have yet to see Korra do that...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:51 pm
Amon just used brute strength and willpower to beat it, right? It showed him struggle a bit with it, but it can't control his muscles completely, so he was probably just that much stronger than the bloodbending's hold.  

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:46 pm
Lol, so Bloodbending is illegal?
Does that mean it's banned in the guild or just that if you do it you get singled out?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:51 pm
DGwar
Does that mean it's banned in the guild or just that if you do it you get singled out?

Singled out, they've already got the draft done and ready, they'll probably also have the Republic City police trying to capture you if they find out.  

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:27 pm
DGwar

just because we have the draft done, doesnt mean I wont scrap the project...
I'm still against it being in the guild...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:50 pm
i think shes going to lose her bending and gain it back in the second season. either that or yeah avatar statekicks in  

jedimastersonic

Dangerous Guildsman

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:26 pm
Snuffins

I'm not a fan of it either.
Especially when the mere mention of a soft earth style sends people over the edge and then that same person is making bloodbending.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:29 pm
DGwar
Snuffins

I'm not a fan of it either.
Especially when the mere mention of a soft earth style sends people over the edge and then that same person is making bloodbending.

.....like I said, make a sample, and if I like how it looks, go for it.

but ya, bloodbending will probably become a forbidden style, like....those who learn it really cant use it or else s**t will go down.

@Jedi
That'd be interesting to see...  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:44 pm
Snuffins

Well, I have the first skill set up in the crew area.
I was waiting on a yes/no before i continued.
Last I checked I was told no because then it would make water benders feel less special and unique and whatnot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:47 pm
cant wait to see it  

jedimastersonic

Dangerous Guildsman

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:55 pm
DGwar
Snuffins

Well, I have the first skill set up in the crew area.
I was waiting on a yes/no before i continued.
Last I checked I was told no because then it would make water benders feel less special and unique and whatnot.

eh, what the hell, we'll see if it works or not  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:10 pm
It would be interesting to see, but really, I would say something of a limiter needs to be put on it. Something of a random number generation when starting the training to see if you can even use it outside a full moon. Of course that's just how I see it.

Oh and to change the subject: please help me. I am stuck within TV tropes and barely got enough time out of it to post this. TV TROPES HAS ME TRAPPED.  

call_me_ishmail1

Dapper Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:20 pm
um... I already made the bloodbending style, so you guys don't need to put in your input as to "how to make it". It's already made.

I don't think it'd be so illegal in this guild... my style isn't as crazy OP as in the show.

Anyway, even if it is illegal, Taka would still do it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:37 pm
Can't edit on my phone, so I'm just gonna re-post.

The reason I said no is because you said it was basically a total rip-off of traditional waterbending. I don't mind soft earth if it's similar to earthbending, but it wasn't. It was versatile and basically the same thing as the water element. That'd be like me making an icebending style that's exactly the same as earthbending; it breaks the boundaries of elements and destroys the entire premise of bending. All elements have different movements, different styles, different purposes. Giving earthbenders the ability to earthbend and basically waterbend is just BS. It's just unfair.

It's not the semantics I care about; the fact is, it's plain unfair. There'd be no reason to make a waterbender if earthbenders could do the same and more.

And the fact is, I made the traditional waterbending style, so I believe I do have a right to ban styles that rip it off, especially of opposing elements.

Anyway, again on bloodbending: ya gotta think less about the name, and more about what it does. In the show it's WTF overpowered and can instantly win a fight, but my bloodbending just hinders them and pretty much blows against benders until it gets some kinda sense of self buff. Bloodbending isn't very great here. It has a few small uses, but you'll easily be able to see its lack of real power. Even during the full moon, it's not as great as I'd want it to be. Definitely not as good as the airbending specialization and lightningbending; instant kills, paralyzation, your insides blowing up. Bloodbending is really hard to pull off unless you bend something minor like their hand...  

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:26 pm
@.@  
Avatar the Last Airbender: Spirit's Wrath

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 98 99 100 101 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games