Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
New Members Introduce Yourselves Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

October Cross

Fluffy Conventioneer

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:53 pm
Anarchy-x
Hi!^^
I'm new and um I'm Pro-Choice because I beleive a person should have the right to their body and do whatever they want with it. I have more resons but I'm lazy. I'm about to turn 14 and some other facts about me are

-I'm an Anarchist and an Atheist
-I'm starting to be a vegitarian
-wow I'm boring because that pretty much it

If you need any help with a vegitarian diet, pm me, since I'm going through dietary classes right now for my major.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:58 pm
October Cross
Anarchy-x
Hi!^^
I'm new and um I'm Pro-Choice because I beleive a person should have the right to their body and do whatever they want with it. I have more resons but I'm lazy. I'm about to turn 14 and some other facts about me are

If you need any help with a vegitarian diet, pm me, since I'm going through dietary classes right now for my major.

^^thanks!  

Status Quo Joe

Son of Axeman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:49 pm
Alright, might as well post here:

Hey. My name is Jason. I have Asperger's Syndrome. I am pro-choice all the way through the pregnancy, as a woman has the right to bodily domain (not like the fetus is a legal person, anyway). I'm a Canadian of Middle-Eastern and German background. If I offend you, chances are that I don't care. My font is annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:41 pm
Hey peoples. You may have seen me in some threads already, voicing my opinion my opinion. I am completely pro-choice because I believe that a woman should be able to control what's growing inside of her. I mean, for example, a tumor was growing and all of the surgeons and people who help get rid of tumors were no longer there because people thought it was bad to get rid of a tumor, people would most likely try to go somewhere else where it could be removed because they didn't want that thing inside of them. Although I know a tumor and a fetus are not even close to the same thing, they do both grow and that was just an analogy I made up that I think works.

Hope to have some good disccusions here!  

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:56 pm
Welcome! I've seen some of the posts you've mentioned and I think you will make a very good addition to our little group biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:40 pm
Hello~
I'm very glad to have been able to join this guild.

(I apologize, because this is a bit lengthy.)

Lets see... A little bit about myself and why I'm here.

Currently, I'm 18, and headed to a Junior College to get my required credits out of the way. It's too expensive right now to do it any other way, and I can't afford to go to the in-state places right now. (Even though I've submitted my FAFSA...)

I love to draw and work on the computer. (I read more than post; more often than not, someone's already spoken my view... and much more loudly!) I also like to just spend time talking with my boyfriend about various things; We range from cooking to dreams... and of course, we discuss other topics... which I'm not going into right now :O

I've got two cats, three dogs, and two parakeets. The birds drive me nuts, but I love them like my mammalian family members.

I've got a very sarcastic sense of humor, so I do have my tendancies to say things that may seem a little insensitive... Really, I don't mean it.

For example, I may say something like "Well, I don't want anyone mooching off of me unless they can breathe on their own" to express my views on abortion. I'm sure many people can figure out what I mean, but that might offend some.

*cough* That aside...

My views on abortion were formed at a fairly early age. I was around 12 when my mother told me that she had had three; One before I was born, one between my sister and I, and another before my youngest sister was born.
The main reason she told me is that she believed my biological father would try to turn my sisters and me against her by telling many things in a darker sense, villianizing her. (He did try, but that's beside the point.)

After I was told about it, my mother explained to me what it was, why she had them, and the main views of the pro-choicers and pro-lifers. I admit, I was a bit surprised, but it was mainly for the pro-lifers; I didn't think that any of them could be so... well, silly.
I'd done a bit of studying from anatomy and biology books we had laying around the house -- The most I knew at the time is that until three months in, a human fetus doesn't look much like a human -- I compared it more with a rabbit and lizard's development (which were included in the book for reference), thinking that if people were allowed to kill animals that were already outside their mothers and eggs... Well, why couldn't one remove something that wouldn't be able to survive on its own for many months?

I suppose the basic thoughts behind it have stayed the same. There's just a bit more education behind the opinions nowadays.

Oh, and I must say... I do commend October Cross for her courage. biggrin That's one of the main things that brought me here.  

Kabocha-chan

Lady Bruja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:13 am
Hm.
I'm 18, and was brought up in a very libral left wing home. I am adopted from Peru, and to make my life a bit more different, adopted by white parents. This has made me an open minded person. I still have some more conservative issues *cough*death penalty and guns...the occational war*cough* However, I have always been a woman's rights beliver, and ...just equal rights beliver no matter the sex.

I was brought up with this view, and understood the concept of free-choice since I was 5. I later learned my mother had an abortion. People sometimes forget how the proceedure can effect the mother. While she knows it was ok, and the right thing to do. She still belives "he" is around her in spirit, and seems to know a lot about him. She belives he would have been mentally challenged, and added to one more unfair reason to have the child.

I am a solitary wiccan, and do belive there is a connection with everything. I belive there could be an afterlife, but I can admit I don't know.

Hmm...and...I have a pet pig...and like to eat ramen. whee heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:12 pm
Newbie alert!
Well, howdy. I'm Sticky Cat, I'm very Pro-Choice throughout the entire pregnancy. I think women should have the right to control their fertility so they don't become lower then second class citizens and become baby making machines. I don't see how the "life" (parenthesis because I wouldn't consider it a life, not being viable in my eyes or being born) ofa developing fetus can be held greater to it's carrier. Something I never want to do in my life is have children - but I'm weird like that.

I'm 16, still young. Going to be a Junior in highschool in August and am still majoring in Graphic Design for my diploma, thing. In two years I'll most likely be headed towards the California College of Arts in San Francisco. I was born in Germany, but now live in California! Joy! But from what I hear it's not as bad as other states.
I suppose my views on abortion were formed during 5th or 6th grade - I forgot where I was when Bush was elected, but my friend had been going off about how it was disgusting that Bush was against abortion. I found out what it was and ever since then have agreed with her. So far I haven't run into many Pro-Life protesters myself, only on gaia. Though there was one time Freshmen year when a Pro-Life advocate type person came into our health class and talked to us. I got into an argument about her and was sent outside, dention. That sort of thing. But anyways!

That's all I can think of now, longer then I thought.

Sticky Cat

LemurOverlord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:57 pm
I'm a moderate living in the home of a man who bought Anne Coulter's book. That should explain why I'm here.....  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:29 am
Awe, that book looked interesting, lol.

Hi everyone. I'm a moderate, leaning towards conversative, although that doesn't really pertain to anything. sweatdrop I'm pro-choice, but let me explain my viewpoint:

I don't believe the fetus is living or dead at any specific point. It's an egg, and when it's fertalized, it's an egg that has the potential to become a human being. It's not my right to say it's alive or dead at any point nor it is my right to tell another woman when to get her abortion. However, I think it's merely more respectful to the fetus to get an abortion before it can feel pain. It doesn't matter whether it can feel the abortion or not after that, it's just more respectful to the fetus to do it before that time. I show respect towards the animals that feed me and the dead in general. I respect all life, so a fetus is no exception. But I understand that this is not always possible depending on the circumstances, so I know that there are exceptions.

I don't think it's alright for a woman to continually have unprotected sex and get abortions over and over. Abortions are a better way out for a fetus that may grow up in an unstable home and for the well-being of the mother, but I don't view abortions as a manner of birth control. People need to be responsible and at least use condoms since they're simple, safe, and fairly inexpensive. I think mothers need to be responsible for their bodies and keep track of when they may be pregnant so they can act accordingly.

I once read an article that completely changed my view on abortion. The author stated that the true abortion debate shouldn't be about when and if the fetus is alive, but if it is moral or immoral to force a woman to bear a child she does not want. As we all know or can speculate, bearing a child is an extraordinarily psychological experience that would be rather difficult on a woman who did not want her child. It's painful and beautiful, and forcing such a change and connection on a woman who isn't ready or unwilling can be devastating. Children are a wonderful thing, and I think they should be brought up in the best of environments, only when they are loved and can be financially supported. I have no doubt I'll someday make a good mother, but I don't think I could accomplish such a task now. Give me another ten years or so... xp

I joined because I want to be more vocal about my opinion. I live in Ohio, where there votes taking place about whether to outlaw abortion, even in cases of rape and incest. This law would also make it illegal for me to leave the state for an abortion. Honestly, I'm terrified. It's a scary thought when you think the power to choose is suddenly taken away. And the fact of the matter is, abortion is going to happen whether it's legal or not. They may as well make it safe for everyone.  

Spicey Cognac

[ Z a d i i e ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:47 am
I'm new. Name's Cam.
I joined because I'm pro-choice (durr)
and was hoping to find an intelligent
guild/forum to discuss such things in.
I am pro-choice for many reasons -
mainly because having a child is
a personal decision and should be
left to the mother - not the government
- and forcing a woman to go through
a pregnancy is screwed up and immoral.

I'm 17. A woman. A Sikh. Finishing up high school
and hoping to go on to teach elementary or special
education after high school.
I like politics, debate, history, music - motown, bluegrass,
punk, ska, and such - basketball, (American) football, hockey, reading, and so on and so on.
I am also gay - homosapien and homosexual. ;D
And that is me in a nutshell.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:02 pm
Hello. My name will remain unknown to you, but please call me Zaphikel or Zaphy.
^_^

About Me:
I'm 15 years old; I have dyed blonde hair with black tips, black roots, and two black streaks along my side bangs; Gold-yellow eyes; I'm 5'6" tall and I weigh 121 lbs.; my favorite drink is root beer or french vanilla coffee; my favorite food is pasta with serloin steak; and lastly, my hobbies consist of art (not to brag, but I'm pretty talented), video-games (my favorite game is Shadow Hearts 1), anime (my favorite is Trinity Blood), manga (my favorite is Angel Sanctuary), motocross (a 150 KLX Kawasaki), and internet.
3nodding

Current Event I'd Like to Mention:
Because me and my beloved are not old enough to be wed in real life yet, we're going to be married in Gaia pretty soon. I can't wait.
^^

Anywayz:
I joined because I'm solid on the thought of pro-choice.
(But that's obvious, otherwise I wouldn't have joined.)

I've actually been reading along to this guild for the last couple of days before my join, and I've read peices from Talon-chan's thread in the Extended Discussion.
I always defend womens' right to choose.

...I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning.. But;
Recently I became pregnant.
Financially, emotionally, and physically, having a child was out of the question.
So I was seriously considdering abortion.
Alas, I don't have to go through with it because I ended up having a miscarraige.
(I was only about 2 weeks pregnant if you're wondering, and nobody knew except me and my boyfriend)
But I mention this because.. If having an abortion was illegal in my state, what would I have done? I find myself very grateful to have abortion legal in my state, and I want to try and keep it that way. I want to lend my support to those other women going through abortions and I want to fight for the right for women to choose what they want done with their body. ...If abortion was outlawed in the state of Colorado, I think I would even be out in the streets with a picket in hand. Hell, as far as I know, abortion is legal all through the U.S. so if it was outlawed in ANY state, I'd be out in the streets picketing.
3nodding

Well, that's me. sweatdrop Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope we can chat in the future soon. ^_^

Z.a.p.h.i.k.e.l

La Tleilaxu Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:36 am
Name: Lynnete Black
Sex: Female
Birthday: December 15, 1987
Where you are on Gaia most of the time: Browsing forums, looking for a place to actually stay around to talk to people.
School (elementary, highschool, etc): University of Toronto
Family: Mother, two younger sisters. Father's deceased.
Pets: One kitty named Squishy.
Other info about yourself: Hmm, a list! Star Wars, Star Trek, Hip-Hop, Classic Rock, Dancing, D&D, Magic: The Gathering, Batman, BDSM, Reading, Writing, Rain, General Fashion, Laughing, Autumn, Walking `round aimlessly, IRC, Hangin', Comics, Computer Games, Console Games, Etc...

I'm absoloutely pro-choice. Decisions are what makes you who you are. Choices are what builds you. Taking that away from you is simply inhumane.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:10 pm
Thank you for letting me be a part of this guild.

My name is Jendaya. I have two sons (also on Gaia). Some have called me an activist but I prefer "active" liberal democrat.

I have been pro-choice for as long as I can remember. I have tried to educate people on the fact that pro-choice does not mean pro-death. To me, it is not an issue of abortion, as the pro-lifers make it out to be, but having the freedom to choose.

Before Roe v Wade there were back alley abortions which resulted in death or women to be scarred or sterile and unable to have a child - taking away their freedom to choose. Or your other alternative was to be sent away to live elsewhere through your pregancy and put the baby up for adoption, these women not only lost their choice for abortion - but lost their choice to be a parent.  

Jendaya

The Velveteen Violinist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:41 pm
October Cross
Anarchy-x
Hi!^^

Or me, 'cause I'm vegan....

Ooo, welcome all new members! *COOKIES*  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games