Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:23 pm

Won't work. Scanners can detect life forms on board any ship. unless you know how to make your crew and you "dead", I doubt that would work.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:25 pm

Unless your composition wasn't one of the thousands already listed on scanners.

Even still, it would be hard. Scanners is such a broad term. Nowadays, they have thermal, x ray, Force-sensitive, elctomagnetic, you name it. Just about nothing can hide from a scanner.

ElladanKenet
Crew

AzraelBronze

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:29 pm

Nelowulf
Won't work. Scanners can detect life forms on board any ship. unless you know how to make your crew and you "dead", I doubt that would work.
Use cloaking devices even though it blocks my scanners it does the same to them.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:30 pm

The likelihood his crew is infected with that nekrosis virus or is made up completely of Anzati, I doubt that he'll get away with it.

The former is more likely than the latter. And the former was pretty much nullified.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:31 pm

AzraelBronze
Nelowulf
Use cloaking devices even though it blocks my scanners it does the same to them.

Why would a ship sending out a signal be cloaked? More importantly, that would defeat the entire point of cloaking. Freighters (your primary target) would not stop to investigate, and the people that do stop will be well armed (to make sure no hostiles are nearby).
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:32 pm

ElladanKenet
Unless your composition wasn't one of the thousands already listed on scanners.

Even still, it would be hard. Scanners is such a broad term. Nowadays, they have thermal, x ray, Force-sensitive, elctomagnetic, you name it. Just about nothing can hide from a scanner.

Most starships now adays do not use such scanners plus all can be tricked.

AzraelBronze

AzraelBronze

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:34 pm

Nelowulf
AzraelBronze
Nelowulf

Why would a ship sending out a signal be cloaked? More importantly, that would defeat the entire point of cloaking. Freighters (your primary target) would not stop to investigate, and the people that do stop will be well armed (to make sure no hostiles are nearby).

No not sendiing out signals of any kind appear dead as if the ship has been disabled for a long time. But scout out areas that get alot of salvaging activity and stake it out.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:35 pm

Oh yes and work in tandem with a second ship that is meat to protect and reinforce the bait.

AzraelBronze

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:35 pm

AzraelBronze
Nelowulf
AzraelBronze
Nelowulf

No not sendiing out signals of any kind appear dead as if the ship has been disabled for a long time. But scout out areas that get alot of salvaging activity and stake it out.

So you're going to attack salvagers?

After you get scanned, and your cloaking device somehow magicaly works, you're going to jump and profit off a bunch of garbagemen?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Nelowulf
AzraelBronze
Nelowulf
AzraelBronze
Nelowulf

So you're going to attack salvagers?

After you get scanned, and your cloaking device somehow magicaly works, you're going to jump and profit off a bunch of garbagemen?

Certain salvagers operate through a company which means they have decent ships atleast which can be sold for profit or be used as bait in other operations. Plus salvagers usually salvage old imperial and other warships so I can use the equipment they salvaged as mods or as profits. Never over look salvagers they carry valuable stuff in their holds.

AzraelBronze

AzraelBronze

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:41 pm

Nelowulf
The likelihood his crew is infected with that nekrosis virus or is made up completely of Anzati, I doubt that he'll get away with it.

The former is more likely than the latter. And the former was pretty much nullified.

Oh yes if you do remember the very first star wars, smuggling holds that the party hid in hid them from scanners and can resist the scanners of a capital warship which is suffecient for my needs.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:43 pm

AzraelBronze

Certain salvagers operate through a company which means they have decent ships atleast which can be sold for profit or be used as bait in other operations. Plus salvagers usually salvage old imperial and other warships so I can use the equipment they salvaged as mods or as profits. Never over look salvagers they carry valuable stuff in their holds.

1) If they work for a company, chances are they're not going to be dumb enough to board a ship that's jamming their sensors, and more importantly, when they find they just aren't getting readings on their sensors (sensor cloaking makes the ship invisible to radar) yet the ship is right in front of them, they're bound to be suspicious.

2) If a salvager has recently looted a ship, chances are they wont "carry valuable stuff in their holds" while salvaging you. Especially if they work for a company and can just send a fresh ship with an empty hold. It would be bad for buisness if they only could jack a part of the stuff inside a ship because they decided to not empty their own holds.

Chances are, when you loot the ship, it'll either be empty (public ship) or it'll be so small that it wont really help at all (private ship).

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:48 pm

AzraelBronze
Nelowulf

Oh yes if you do remember the very first star wars, smuggling holds that the party hid in hid them from scanners and can resist the scanners of a capital warship which is suffecient for my needs.

Is that why they had to knock out the "scanning team we sent onboard"? Because for the love of me, they picked up no life signs, and the escape pods were jettisoned. However they sent a scanning team on board to get a more pinpoint reading, using a stronger suite rather than a general scan.

And if my memory fails me, what "captial warship" are you trying to imply? The Death Star is not a warship. it is a battlestation. It is designed to fight, not monitor traffic which comes in or out like an oversized customs agent.

Perhaps if you remember, there were no ships around the death star that would have picked up life readings outside a general life status on a planetoid object. Yet, remember the Imperial Star Destroyer at the beginning? They picked up no readings only because droids were in the escape pods. Not hard to find people if you have the right equiptment.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:07 pm

Oh yeah.

Does Jaden have a Sith name, or is such needed?

AFK Masturbating

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:11 pm

Actually, they never used the scanners in Episode 4. Before those two even got the chance, the group jumped them.

Smuggler holds don't fool scanners, and Han knew that.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games