Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:44 pm

Nelowulf
Cale Darksun
Nelowulf
Cale Darksun
wow. He really is your minion.
Ready with the drums and everything.

Remember the line "I have use of him on the master's sailbarge"?

Partialy. I thought it was "I have need of him"

Turned out that line was false. so I downgraded it to "use".

and sorry about the sans. I wanted a bad otaku parody.

Yeah.
It was bad alright.
I never was that much of an Anime Fan.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:47 pm

Hey, don't critisize. At least you know link's saber is a bit bigger than the standard jedi...

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:49 pm

Well he is a Darksun after all.
Its genetic.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:52 pm

Did CW ever get around to accepting that Pirate Punk's profile?
and Why does Des want to play a Sith?

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:54 pm

1) Not yet, I believe.
2) To try and balance the sides out. We complained there weren't enough sith, so now we get plenty to go around.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:56 pm

seems a conflict of interests if you ask me, but whatever.
I'd go and kill him but Des would probably refuse to respond for ten pages and leave me behind then ignore what I said to him.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:59 pm

*nods*

Just another kill for the end sequence. And this allows his characters to have something to fight.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:01 pm

*sigh* I need to get busy.
I still have to find the treasure and then Ive got to do something meaninful in the galaxy.
Then all my work is piling up as well: New sith just cropping up without someone thinging their numbers.
so very busy...

Sol Walker
Crew

AzraelBronze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:17 pm

Nelowulf
What debate is this?

And how does that affect your having one? You do realise that in order to deflect a blaster, you must be faster than the blaster (impossible for those without the force) and more importantly, to deflect the lightsaber you must be faster than your opponent (a high unlikeliness).

Let's put it this way: If you're using it to go offensive, I don't care. But if you attempt blocking a lightsaber or blasterbolt with it, I'm going to pretty much call a godmodding attempt, because in all essence, your character has neither the training nor the needed skills to do such a feat.

One he comes from a very rich family that leaves the chance that has learned to fence in his younger years.
Two most jedi do not fight faster than is typical of their species, though that is not the rule of course.
Three I was aiming for the cortosis weave in the blade which makes it capable of dueling with a lightsaber. And oh yeah blaster shots travel oddly enough with the speed of an arrow and there are plenty of people out there who can deflect arrows with a hand weapon myself included.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:22 pm

AzraelBronze
Nelowulf
What debate is this?

And how does that affect your having one? You do realise that in order to deflect a blaster, you must be faster than the blaster (impossible for those without the force) and more importantly, to deflect the lightsaber you must be faster than your opponent (a high unlikeliness).

Let's put it this way: If you're using it to go offensive, I don't care. But if you attempt blocking a lightsaber or blasterbolt with it, I'm going to pretty much call a godmodding attempt, because in all essence, your character has neither the training nor the needed skills to do such a feat.

One he comes from a very rich family that leaves the chance that has learned to fence in his younger years.
Two most jedi do not fight faster than is typical of their species, though that is not the rule of course.
Three I was aiming for the cortosis weave in the blade which makes it capable of dueling with a lightsaber. And oh yeah blaster shots travel oddly enough with the speed of an arrow and there are plenty of people out there who can deflect arrows with a hand weapon myself included.

You wont beable to duel a Jedi.
Ever.
They will pawn your a** six ways from sundown.

And you give me actual physical proof of someone with classical eurpoean fencing skills (as you will probably most likely posses given a preference for a vibrocutlass) cutting an arrow out of the air that isnt from some hollywood movie and then I'll believe it.

Now, a blaster is not an arrow. It is a coherent bolt of energy that will melt or fry your sword the instant you try and block a bolt with it.
Considering many blasters are semiautomatic or capable of full autofire, you get to deflect one, then you die in a hailstorm of plasma.

Now thats a best case scenario. And its the least likely to happen, solely for the fact you'll never catch the first bolt off your blade before you get burned down.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:26 pm

Hmm.... What part about "the jedi have the force" is difficult to understand?

The Jedi are lenient, you may actually block one or two attacks before you find your hand chopped off and a blade at your neck.

I won't describe how the sith will conduct buisness.

You may have learned to fence in your younger years. So have they. And they get the bonus modifiers from being force adept. Having the force is like +20 to attack rolls..
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:27 pm

I quote from the Rules regarding NFU profiles:
Quote:
Your primary weapon can be anything. EXCEPT A LIGHTSABER. However, your secondary weapon may be one. Lightsabers require years of training, even for jedi. You will hurt yourself more than others if a non-force wielder used a lightsaber as a primary weapon. Consider a vibrosword if you must have a sword. Also, if you weild a sword against a jedi, you will lose, even if you were trained by Obi-wan himself. Nor can your sword block blasters. That's a jedi skill. No Exceptions.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:30 pm

I just put the final nail in the coffin for this arguement Azrael.
You play in our RP, you play it by our rules.
No exceptions will be made.
Any further attempt to argue the matter will be a waste of typing.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:34 pm

The only person ever really able to stand up to a force user one on one was Boba fett. And even he lost in the end.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:37 pm

Nelowulf
The only person ever really able to stand up to a force user one on one was Boba fett. And even he lost in the end.

The Nikto had Jedi Killing warriors whom they cloned during the Clone Wars.
There are also other groups skilled at engaging Jedi one on one, but these are ultra exclusive and rare. Most have been wiped out by either Sith or Jedi for the reasons that they were dangerous to them. And those that remain, like the Mandalore Warriors, dont teach what they know to outsiders, no matter how much money they have.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games