Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:12 pm
Why do places with big, bright "Now Hiring" banners not even call me? In fact, they delete my application for either lack of retail experience or availability. Omg, I've never worked at a store and I don't work Sundays....so what? I've kept the job I have now for well over a year now, and if they call my reference he'll tell them I'm an excellent employee. And a restaurant is not so completely different from a store, really. Dammit. I'm feel stuck in a job I hate 'cause nowhere else will even put me into consideration. I'm not sure where else to try..  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:32 pm
Thanks Sirus and Kriss, I apperciate it *hugs* I've talked a lot to my friend Amanda about it since we hung out today (and she was in my apartment when the screaming match happened) and I think I know what I need to do/say. I'm just nervous about going to do it.

Also, does my life ever know when to stop tormenting me? The RA for my buidling came today and I coudl tell her felt bad for saying things, and he told me how there seemed to be some problem finalizing me with finacial aid and stuff for the apartment I moved into. I talked to some lady on the phone and hopefully it'll be alright, but I have to go to the finacial aid office tomorrow to make sure.

Dammit...Can't I get a break? It's like, one good thing finally happens and about 5 bad things come right after. Cant' I even get like a tiny chance to enjoy the good things? *sighs* oh well.  

Shinigami Whistle

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:37 pm
Leyla Giselle
I'm comin down with somethin in my wrist. I don't know what, but it's been bothering my for months. It'll have a dull pain in the wrist, and it'll travel down to my pinky and the back of my hand. Sometimes my pinky goes numb when I play video games or use a mouse for too long and I have to shake my hand to bring feeling back. *waddles off to her huge pile of commissions*

I know this was a few pages back, but I gotta say something. Sounds like carpal tunnel. Those are the syptoms, I know 'cause I've been to a doctor for wrist problems recently. See a doctor asap. Before it's too advanced and you need surgery.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:32 pm
I'm so glad I'm out of high school. Yes, I have some issues of my own to work through. But I am starting to realize that with the people I deal with, they care about what I can do, and what I actually do. Not so much about how I look.

In the lab, it's made easier by the fact that birds basically can't smell, don't process humans visually except "OMG PREDATOR FLEEFLEEFLEEFLEE" in any case, and don't hear low-frequency tones very well (in other words, when you speak it sounds to them what scratchy static sounds to us). And in classes, they care about your brain and what you do with it.  

Shaviv

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:12 pm
shoki_de_nai
Leyla Giselle
I'm comin down with somethin in my wrist. I don't know what, but it's been bothering my for months. It'll have a dull pain in the wrist, and it'll travel down to my pinky and the back of my hand. Sometimes my pinky goes numb when I play video games or use a mouse for too long and I have to shake my hand to bring feeling back. *waddles off to her huge pile of commissions*

I know this was a few pages back, but I gotta say something. Sounds like carpal tunnel. Those are the syptoms, I know 'cause I've been to a doctor for wrist problems recently. See a doctor asap. Before it's too advanced and you need surgery.
I wish I could. I don't have money or insurance. My mate had to quit his job because everyone was bullying him and the boss was blaming him for s**t the other employees were doing. (He got blamed for stealing money, which I know for a fact he doesn't do, and he was being called lazy when it was the other employees). I also can't seem to get hired anywhere. I've applied at several places and never been called or anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:16 pm
Leyla Giselle
shoki_de_nai
Leyla Giselle

I wish I could. I don't have money or insurance. My mate had to quit his job because everyone was bullying him and the boss was blaming him for s**t the other employees were doing. (He got blamed for stealing money, which I know for a fact he doesn't do, and he was being called lazy when it was the other employees). I also can't seem to get hired anywhere. I've applied at several places and never been called or anything.

well, take it easy with your wrists then. Um..anti-inflammatory pain killers are good too. I just don't want you to get any permanent damage. The numbess is a major red flag to me that it's carpal tunnel.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:22 pm
YAY! I just got back from the show...Disney on Ice is amazing...it made me want to learn how to skate just so I could participate. It was just absolutely AMAZING, I actually had tears streaming down my face.....And then I spent SO much on souveniers!! But I loves them all.....My cotton candy came with a cute little 101 Dalmations hat, I got a new water bottle, a CD with Disney Music (the music they use for the Disney on Ice, not always the music from the movies), the cd came with a poster (which is something I discovered after I got home) and I bought a program that came with a Lei and I bought a cute little Stitch doll!!!

The child in me is still squirming with joy....... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:40 pm
Manda_Tifa
YAY! I just got back from the show...Disney on Ice is amazing...it made me want to learn how to skate just so I could participate. It was just absolutely AMAZING, I actually had tears streaming down my face.....And then I spent SO much on souveniers!! But I loves them all.....My cotton candy came with a cute little 101 Dalmations hat, I got a new water bottle, a CD with Disney Music (the music they use for the Disney on Ice, not always the music from the movies), the cd came with a poster (which is something I discovered after I got home) and I bought a program that came with a Lei and I bought a cute little Stitch doll!!!

The child in me is still squirming with joy....... mrgreen

crying Why didn't you take me with you? My inner child is jealous. ninja  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Angelic Muse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:42 pm
I heart rant threads! 4laugh

Mmk....so here's the lowdown.

I love school! College is a place where I am supposed to claim freedom as my own and help myself develop into a person that I feel as though my parents (TRIED..heh) to suppress. Considering I love learning, the academic challenges are something I have looked forward to.

However...

The scheduling as been a bit rough and although my time management skills have improved since the beginning of last year, I feel as though I am just keeping my head above the water when I try to make time for everything. That includes, class, homework/studying, my newly acquired job on campus, clubs, working out in the gym and just learning to have fun.

I also feel invisible. I feel as though there was never anything truly remarkable about me. I am outgoing with the friends I have made in high school that are with me, but even though I have gained new friends here, I still feel rather shy and less talkative (which...BELIEVE ME IS STRANGE haha).

Not only that, as much as I love my friends TO DEATH, they make me feel even more invisible sometimes and use me has a punching bag for jokes. I am an easy going person and at first I didn't mind. Now I am starting to really get pissed, especially since I expressed a desire for them to stop doing it.

Invisibility seems to be my problem. As much as I still have feelings for Solemn, I know right now that a relationship isn't going to work right now. I feel a strong desire to have someone else in my life, nothing serious. Just casual dating. But because I don't stand out and I have been out of the flirting business for awhile now, I feel as if no guy is looking my way at all. There are much prettier, skinnier, smarter girls here and I feel intimidated by it. Even though I have three pretty cool guys that I know would like to date me there is one problem....they are ALL in different states.... whee

So yea. Musey just needed to rant. I am pretty stable right now, but sometimes, lying in a bed that's not really your own...

You start to get lonely. sad

Ok...end rant! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:42 pm
shoki_de_nai
Leyla Giselle
shoki_de_nai
Leyla Giselle

well, take it easy with your wrists then. Um..anti-inflammatory pain killers are good too. I just don't want you to get any permanent damage. The numbess is a major red flag to me that it's carpal tunnel.
That's what I'm worried about, my mom has carpal tunnel from working with her hands as a nail technician (basically a person who does fingernails, puts fake ones on, paints tiny pictures.)  

Leyla Giselle

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:43 pm
Leyla Giselle
That's what I'm worried about, my mom has carpal tunnel from working with her hands as a nail technician (basically a person who does fingernails, puts fake ones on, paints tiny pictures.)

Well, take is easy okay? Maybe get some wrist braces.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:47 pm
shoki_de_nai
Leyla Giselle

Yeah, that's what my mate's mom told me to do.  

Leyla Giselle

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:52 pm
Leyla Giselle
shoki_de_nai
Leyla Giselle

Yeah, that's what my mate's mom told me to do.

Just don't get 'em wet. I had to stop using mine at work 'cause I had to wash my hands a lot and use rags and such. The moisture can cause a rash. x_X;  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:58 pm
Also wash wrist braces.... and dry them out well... they stink horrible if you don't (my dad had one..... I'm never going to put my nose near it ever again) xp  

Crenn

Solemn Protector

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:15 pm
Angelic Muse
I heart rant threads! 4laugh

Mmk....so here's the lowdown.

I love school! College is a place where I am supposed to claim freedom as my own and help myself develop into a person that I feel as though my parents (TRIED..heh) to suppress. Considering I love learning, the academic challenges are something I have looked forward to.

However...

The scheduling as been a bit rough and although my time management skills have improved since the beginning of last year, I feel as though I am just keeping my head above the water when I try to make time for everything. That includes, class, homework/studying, my newly acquired job on campus, clubs, working out in the gym and just learning to have fun.

I also feel invisible. I feel as though there was never anything truly remarkable about me. I am outgoing with the friends I have made in high school that are with me, but even though I have gained new friends here, I still feel rather shy and less talkative (which...BELIEVE ME IS STRANGE haha).

Not only that, as much as I love my friends TO DEATH, they make me feel even more invisible sometimes and use me has a punching bag for jokes. I am an easy going person and at first I didn't mind. Now I am starting to really get pissed, especially since I expressed a desire for them to stop doing it.

Invisibility seems to be my problem. As much as I still have feelings for Solemn, I know right now that a relationship isn't going to work right now. I feel a strong desire to have someone else in my life, nothing serious. Just casual dating. But because I don't stand out and I have been out of the flirting business for awhile now, I feel as if no guy is looking my way at all. There are much prettier, skinnier, smarter girls here and I feel intimidated by it. Even though I have three pretty cool guys that I know would like to date me there is one problem....they are ALL in different states.... whee

So yea. Musey just needed to rant. I am pretty stable right now, but sometimes, lying in a bed that's not really your own...

You start to get lonely. sad

Ok...end rant! biggrin
I hope the feeling of being invisible leaves with time. I had to deal with that too my freshman year and its not easy. For that just give it time and everything will fit like a well made puzzle. You have many special things about you, don't be afraid to show them off including that beautiful body God gave you. On a very serous note you need to put your foot down for your friends, that is just not something to tolerate especially if you have asked them to stop before. Now as far as your situation dating wise it would be good to casually look around while things get settled on campus, its not like there is a deadline to find a potential bf especially since you have about 3.85 years of colleges left approx. I'm not saying to wait too long either just do what you feel with best for you. I can't deny not being over you as you know. That in itself we need to let work on its own time for now since I am a long distance aways.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games