Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Your Arsenal Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Puffandsnuff III

Conservative Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 am
Ruger 10/22
Rossi matched pair, .243 Win. and 20 gauge
Winchester 1894, .32 Win. Spl
Romanian WASR-10, 7.62x39
Browning A-bolt, 7mm Rem. Magnum  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:53 am
User Image
The new bolt action.

User Image
The now full gun case. (My girlfriend's dad laughed when he saw me carry that huge case for my carbine.)

User Image
Early stages of z-day prep.  

OO23OO

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:46 am
First, WTF is that ugly-a** rifle? A pellet gun?

Second, what kind of mags does the Kel-Tec take?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:17 pm
Fresnel
First, WTF is that ugly-a** rifle? A pellet gun?

Second, what kind of mags does the Kel-Tec take?
Yeah, it stays in the case to fill it out, and it's a gift from my grandpa, so I don't want it getting beaten up anymore than it is.

And Full size .40 Glock mags.  

OO23OO

InterElli

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:02 am
Right now my collection is rather limited. I only own a .22 plinker. Some Bulgarian POS made sometimes back in the fifties/sixties. Looks like s**t, the shell ejector doesn't work, handles like a brick, and is hands down the most accurate (non-tooled to high heaven) weapon I have ever fired.

My other firearm is my grandaddy's old bird gun. A HUGE double barrel 2 gauge percussion cap shotgun. Circa the 1880's. I wouldn't trust it to fire, as it's not been shot since the fifties, but I still do own it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:09 am
InterElli
My other firearm is my grandaddy's old bird gun. A HUGE double barrel 2 gauge percussion cap shotgun. Circa the 1880's. I wouldn't trust it to fire, as it's not been shot since the fifties, but I still do own it.
We'll have to see pictures of that someday. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:35 am
since I am not legally allowed to own guns these belong to my father but I use them just as much as he does.

.357 Smith&Wesson revolver
.38 Smith&Wesson revolver
12 gauge single shot shotgun (its atleast 100 years old)
9mm Glock 17
.32 Tomcat Beretta
.22 target pistol

yet sadly no rifles ):  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:16 am
my family doesn't own any working guns we have a Civil War revolver that needs the barrel repaired thats it.  

The Mercenary Rp

Aged Prophet

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:03 am
mercenary_RP
my family doesn't own any working guns we have a Civil War revolver that needs the barrel repaired thats it.
Original Civil War era, or a reproduction? If it's a repro Colt Army 1860, you might as well get a new one. Probably cheaper that way.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:21 am
User Image
New Mosin plus 440 rounds of 7.62x54r. I wanna throw a Monte Carlo stock on it, I don't like the LOP on the standard stock. Is everyone in Russia 5'7'' or shorter?  

OO23OO

Shrantic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:35 am
OO23OO
User Image
New Mosin plus 440 rounds of 7.62x54r. I wanna throw a Monte Carlo stock on it, I don't like the LOP on the standard stock. Is everyone in Russia 5'7'' or shorter?
God damn, don't you be sporterizing that thing! xp

It has a short stock because it was meant to be used in very cold weather, when soldiers would be wearing thick coats.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:04 am
Shrantic
OO23OO
User Image

It has a short stock because it was meant to be used in very cold weather, when soldiers would be wearing thick coats.
How thick is thick, because damn. I would imagine wanting the recoil from the rifle as close to the shoulder as possible, with as little of a gap as I could make it. Then again, I've never had to deal with a Russian winter.

And I wanna make this a fun gun to shoot and play around with, I plan on getting another Mosin in the future and keeping it stock, or stockish, since I want to refinish the furniture.  

OO23OO

Shrantic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:40 pm
OO23OO
Shrantic
OO23OO
User Image

How thick is thick, because damn. I would imagine wanting the recoil from the rifle as close to the shoulder as possible, with as little of a gap as I could make it. Then again, I've never had to deal with a Russian winter.

And I wanna make this a fun gun to shoot and play around with, I plan on getting another Mosin in the future and keeping it stock, or stockish, since I want to refinish the furniture.
Well, you could buy a recoil pad. They stick out a good 1 1/2 inches more, they're cheaper and you can put the original parts back on quickly if you feel like being a manly man.

Link.

Edit: LOL @ one of the product reviews. "If you ever drop your mosin vertically the pad helps absorbs the drop. Very tough rubber and easy to install." YEAH, BECAUSE YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE YOUR FRAGILE-AS-GLASS MOSIN DOESN'T GET HURT WHEN YOU DROP IT ON THE BUTTPLATE. rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:46 am
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida
AINGELPROJECT667
1942 mosin-nagant
.410 shotgun
.22 AR7
.22 bulgarian training rifle
.308 break action Hi-power hunting rifle

Its hard to find GOOD ammo for my Nagant down here in Georgia, because if you get the wrong kind, its bolt won't work right and I have to literally wrestle the thing to get another bullet into the chamber.
That's pretty much just Mosins.

You can go at the chamber with a 20 gauge bore mop chucked in a drill (CAREFULLY) to clean the chamber really well.

Go to 7.62x54r.net/forums and ask for some help with the sticky bolt. Unless you're shooting lacquered stuff, you shouldn't be having sticking problems.

My M38, '43 Izzy, Ex-Dragoon and the '39 Tula cycle laquered finished stuff for me just fine.

It just really comes down to the individual rifle.
I have another Izzy can't remember the year, that's a pain in the a** to cycle with the bolt down, I wont even try laquer in that one.

I think it might be the bullets. I got some Chinese surplus 7.62x54 rounds and the gun handled beautifully.  

AINGELPROJECT667

Shy Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
No more 1911, it got sold. Mom has a Taurus 709 Slim now, and I have a downpayment on a Tokarev. Which will be mine when I get my tax return.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games