Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Journals [OOC]
[J] Thalion's SOA Directory Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 234 235 236 237 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:07 pm
Jelani
| Basic Info | Family Tree | Cub | Juvenile | Adolescent | Adult | Timeline | Photo Album | Relations | Pride Info |

User Image

Name: Jelani - Full size Image | Cert
Meaning: Mighty or Powerful
- Prince of the Ti-Hin Pride (Formally)
- Exile (currently)

Personality:

Jelani acts very much like the prince he was born to be. He speaks eloquently, holds himself with pride, and has a practical view of the world. He's seldom taken off guard and even rarely intimidated. However, the lion has a hair trigger on his temper. Cursed by the goddess of psychopathy in her prior life his temper often drives him into an insane tirade. Often by the time he calms himself out of his rage, his claws are already slicked with blood.

Jelani does not like anything getting in his way. He was denied his position in his pride with his failed rite, and he was denied the death his failure would have granted him through the compassion of a god. He vaguely remembers a winged figure stooped over him, nursing his wounds, and giving him the strength he needed to survive an otherwise mortal wound. His survival infuriated him. He saw the mercy as a god's curse to see him living his life in shame and exile. Rather than accept his failure and make a new life for himself, he's vowed to free himself from the god's hold over him- one way or another.

As time goes on, his hatred (and as a result- his madness) increase. He often entertains thoughts of waging war against the gods and turning the mortals against the beings they worship in order to free them from their fates.

Plots?
Do want:
• Jelani is a bad guy, plain and simple. However, he's not the "ZOMG RAEP U AN LAUF" or the "I'M EBUL TO BE EBUL." He is very tactful in his ambitions and chooses his battles wisely. He has raped in two occasions- once in an attempt to claim his brother's mate as his own and a second time to disgrace a lioness for refusing to assist him in seeking out her patron god. I don't intend for him to rape anyone else, it's just not his typical style. (And frankly it freaks me out a bit. XD; ) He is, however, fine with flings. He has a silver tongue and can likely convince any lioness that she held his heart. Just don't be surprised if he decides to walk off without sticking around after the encounter.

Do not want:
• Death. I want him to be alive and kicking for a while.

• Rape. He will not be raping anyone else.

• Friends. He has allies, he has followers- but not friends. Friends touch a little close on leverage. Remember, he's not afraid of putting anyone in danger.

Plots in the works...

Random notes:
**I have changed Jelani's backstory a few times. I think I'm going to settle for the one in his 'adult' post. See below. It won't effect his past rp's- afterall he's a little bonkers. If for whatever reason you think this is a problem, shoot me a pm.**

**I don't want Jelani getting involved with any other bad guys. He'd likely kill them. He's not completely 'evil'. He's more the type that's doing what he thinks is the right thing for all the wrong reasons. Anyone that's going around just raping and BEING EBULS he would KILL. If you insist on a battle of the baddies- keep that in mind. I'm not saying he'll win, but he won't wanna buddy buddy up with them.**

**Jelani doesn't handle pain in a normal fashion. Having already suffered a mortal injury, anything else pales in comparison. He's likely to laugh at being bitten or clawed. Yes it damages him like anyone else but he won't shut down when facing pain.**

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:16 pm
Jelani
| Basic Info | Family Tree | Cub | Juvenile | Adolescent | Adult | Timeline | Photo Album | Relations | Pride Info |

User Image
Grandparents:
xxx | Image |__x__| Image | xxx (Deceased & Deceased)
??? | Image |__x__| Image | ???

Parents:
Kalama | Image |__x__| Image | Dakarai (Deceased & Deceased)

Aunts/Uncles:
N/A

Siblings:
Zaid | Image | Thalion | Younger brother |

Half-Siblings:

Cousins:
N/A
Mate:
N/A

Offspring:
Maeth | Image | Mila Farrell | Mothered by: Cae
Lir | Image | Thalion | Mothered by: Cae
Saletta | Image | Mila Farrell | Yokheved|
Cain | Image | Reeshie Hack | Mothered by: Yokheved
Abel | Image | Thalion | Mothered by: Yokheved

Nieces/Nephews:
N/A  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:17 pm
Jelani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:19 pm
Jelani

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:20 pm
Jelani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:21 pm
Jelani

The Ti-Hin pride originated in the En Gedi pride during it's third generation. When the pride became too large to sustain all the members on the limited resources, a handful of the lions decided to migrate into more fertile lands. Under the rule of a young male, a seer, who's dreams guided him to the pride's new territory, the pride's belief system soon began to evolve away from those of their En Gedi ancestors.

Over the generations, the dreams blessed to their seers were said to come from the spirits of their ancestors and the spirits of the land around them. Rather than putting their trust into a god or multiple gods, they put their trust into these spirits. The animal companions that each of the Ti-Hin took were considered their spiritual guides rather than their totems. Many trained them to serve as summons rather than constant companions.

Each member is sent on a spiritual journey away from the pride at the time of adolescence to seek out their spiritual guide. Those who return have completed their quest and will be considered fully grown, full members of the pride. Those that either don't return or fail to return with a summon are said to have been judged as impure by the spirits and are either exiled from the pride or don't bother to return at all- if they survive.

Grief was handled in many ways, some took to tears, others went numb, while some turned their misfortune into purpose. He had been a young lion when he'd failed the pride's rite of passage. Having been the son of the chief, he had higher expectations than the rest. His father had made a pact with a wildebeast, a prey beast, but a damn dangerous one none the less. At his side, the two had become a totem of strength over the pride. Jelani had been the oldest of only two sons born to Dakarai and had been the golden child of the tribe. He'd left with the hopes of the pride on his shoulders. His pride had led him to face a large boar warthog, normally another preybeast but one he'd heard was far more dangerous than a wildebeast- a lion was hard-pressed to take one down on their own. Jelani had barely come into his adolecent mane when he'd engaged the boar, demanding a pact between him and the old-tusk. The animal had refused, and to add injury to insult- attacked. In the conflict, the boar had lost its life. Jelani had come mere inches from his- only to have a nameless god take pity on him.

It had been a fate worse than death. For the god's own purposes, he had lived, only to return in shame to his tribe. Seeing his failure, and his mortal wounds having healed into grotesque, exposed fleshy scars, the tribe elder had named him an abomination- and a bad omen.

The last time he'd returned....it had been to take his father's life. Cursed with madness, pain no longer had a hold over him. It fueld his rage and drove his claws onward. The chief, his wife, and three of the warriors had been downed before the end. The others had scattered to the winds- to include his younger brother.

The madness came and went, the grief of his failure had been replaced by a bitter hatred for the sparing of his life. The nameless god- and all others like it- had used him for their own devices. Drove him to kill his family, turned him into an abomination and a monster. He lived only to see that they regretted it.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:21 pm
Jelani

Summery Timeline:
- Jelani was born to Dakarai and Kalama. Being the only cub in the litter, he was named prince of the Ti-Hin pride.
- Jelani befriended his fellow pride member, Catik.
- A few years after his birth, his parents bore a second cub, Zaid.
- Jelani faced his rite of passage.
- Jelani encountered a large boar warthog and attempted to force it into a pact. The boar refused the offer and engaged the adolescent lion, losing its life in the scuffle but mortally wounding Jelani in the process.
- Jelani's life was spared by the goddess of psychopathy. Enraged, he attacked the goddess- and was cursed.
- Despite his failure, Jelani returned to his pride.
- The pride owner deemed Jelani a failure, and his recovery from a mortal wound a bad omen over the pride and his bloodline.
- Jelani fled, disgraced.
- After a year, Jelani returned only to unleash his wrath upon his pride. Dakarai, Kalama, and three other pride members lost their life in the chaos. Zaid, Cae, Catik, and a few other members of the pride dispursed.
- Jelani managed to hunt Zaid and Cae down shortly afterwards. Rather than accept his failure and bow to his brother's sucesson to the head of the scattered pride, he attempted to break the younger lion to his will.
- Enraged, Cae defended her mate against Jelani. Or tried.
- To add injury to insult, Jelani impregnated Cae. However- she and Zaid managed to escape before the cubs were born.
- While searching for his brother and 'his' mate, Jelani encounters Li-Wei. Convinced that the blood of a god would lift his curse- he attacked.
- The god of courage provoked a nearby rogue into defending the young god of peace. Squall engaged Jelani. With Mut's help, Jelani was driven off.
- Furious that he lost his prey yet again, Jelani searched the nearby area for information on the godling's whereabouts.
- 'Heve encounters Jelani. Smelling the godling on her, Jelani demands to know where the godling is. 'Heve refused.
- While resting a few days from the En Gedi border, Jelani is confronted by Dili, who seeks her own death. All too happy to oblige, Jelani takes her life.
- Seeing as the curse was not lifted, Jelani continued his search for the godling that had escaped him. Rather than find Li, he encountered Laini, the goddess of sight.
- Jelani lost his sight for three days after attacking Laini. Infuriated, he was forced to keep himself in one place and recover.
- Jelani returned to the En Gedi border and sought out the lioness, 'Heve once more, this time demanding an answer. When she refuses, Jelani left her bearing his offspring- a disgrace to the cousin of his former pride.
- While he never encountered the En Gedi warriors, he became aware that he'd enraged the pride. Thinking better of sticking around, he set off to continue his search elsewhere.
- Far from his birthlands, Jelani travels blindly for months. He encounters another rogue and asks for any information regarding the area.
- Moyo, the rogue, informs him of a pride by the sea. Jelani decides to change course.
- On his way to the sea, Jelani met Mchawi, the goddess responsible for the past-death of his first god-prey, Li Wei.

RP Timeline:
Peace, Courage, and Duty | Jelani, Li Wei, Mut, and Squall - En Gedi Lands | Complete
Hunting for Information | 'Heve & Jelani - En Gedi Lands | Complete
Truth dies on his lips | Dili & Jelani - Rogue Lands | Complete
Blindsided | Jelani & Laini | Complete
Standing in the face of madness | Jelani & 'Heve | Complete

Patronage or...? | Moyo & Jelani | Complete |
Like-minded individuals | Mchawi & Jelani | Complete
Last one standing | Mut & Jealni | Complete
Persuasions | Jelani & Kojo'Ime | In Progress |
What a kind stranger | Jelani & Zaimari | In Progress |
Darkness just before dawn | Jelani, Chi, & Myuto | In Progress |
Blue - Used for breeding

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:22 pm
Jelani
User Image
Chibi Jelani!
By: [ Eskimo ]

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:24 pm
Jelani

Family Relations:
Zaid: | Younger Brother |
Zaid was made the heir of our pride shortly after I returned from my failed rite of passage. I hear tell that he succeeded in completing his and found his totem in the eagle- a creature representing freedom. It fits him. Perhaps one day he'll use his spirit-gift to assist in helping me gain not only my own freedom, but freedom for the rest of the mortals subjected to the rule of the gods.

Romantic Relations:
Cae:
A lovely, firey lioness who found her totem shortly after my brother. She, along with Zaid, escaped me when I returned to the Ti-Hin. As luck had it, I managed to track them down after several years. Cae had grown into a very lovely young lioness with a passion to match my own. Unfortunately, she believes herself to be madly in love with Zaid. Let's see how long that'll last now that she's the mother of my cubs.

Friendly Relations:
Mchawi:
An interesting lioness I met on my way to the big-water. Apparently, she's responsible for the last death of my first god-prey. How wonderful. Not only does she have the strength to down a god, but she shares my vision. I must remember to return here if I need support...

Neutral Relations:
Moyo:
A depressed, wandering soul who seems to be living in self-induced delusion. Apparently, his mate decided to leave him. None of my concern.

Hostile Relations:
Yokheved:
A mute lioness I met close to the boarder between my old pride's lands and another resident pride. I encountered her shortly after allowing my prey to slip through my claws. While she was unable to speak, she found other ways to communicate. Unfortunately, she was less than helpful in pointing me towards my prey...she'll remember her mistake for as long as she lives.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:25 pm
Jelani

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Jelani

Current Plots:
- Building up 4 more rp's for a breeding with Miakis~!
- Jelani's headed to Kiza to investigate rumors of a goddess there.

Current Plot Offers:

Plot threads:
Stay away from me, the beast is ugly... | Jelani's plot thread | Currently open |  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:27 pm
Jelani

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:27 pm
Jelani

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:31 pm
Jelani

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:32 pm
Jelani

[OOC] Journals [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 234 235 236 237 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games