Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random Gaian Charity: Hiatus =(

Back to Guilds

A really awesome chairty that helps people questing. 

Tags: Charity 

Reply Recycle Bin
Crew Chat Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:17 pm
I think we should clear out the member base. Not everyone, just the people who have had their accounts banned or don't have any interest in us etc. Maybe put something in the announcement for the next session telling them to PM one of us if they want to stay in the guild (You can tell them all to PM me personally if you want since it's my idea. I can compile the list and go through all the members. I have nothing but time so even with the thousand or so member it shouldn't take too long.) and give them like a month to PM us. After the month we start kicking out people who aren't on the list. Of course they can come back in if they get on for the first time and see the announcement after the month is over. This wouldn't be a permanent ban, just something like Spring Cleaning. Maybe this would also be a good time to tell people they should post more often. Not that they need to post every day or x amount of times a month, just a friendly suggestion to keep active to increase their chances of winning.

This is just one of my ideas to help revive this place and try to get it more active. I was waiting for the guild announcements to go live before fielding it to you guys. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:06 pm
I'll send out 1 announcement TONIGHT about non-active members being removed from the guild.
That way they have a notice. I'm going to put a thread in the main forum. Those that do not post there saying I want to stay or something will be removed. We can start removing people on the 28th. That gives them a good 24 hrs to post in the thread.

Aerobe
Captain

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:42 pm
Yay, I had a good idea. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:18 pm
I have seen the post about it.

It will help the guild and have more people apply for the sessions.

I do like the idea of announcing each session. That way, it will attract the people that do want to stay here and apply.

Sakura_Madison
Crew

Blessed Nerd

22,225 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm
And clearing out the inactive members will make sending those announcements cheaper. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:50 am
Uuuuhh, I just had a thought. Should we accept membership applications if we're planning on clearing out most of the member list?  

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:01 am
Yep.
They have 10 days to post. In that thread or in the guild anywhere.
Anyone with 0 posts will be let go. We will put something along the lines of "You had 0 posts in RGG so you have been booted for inactivity.
If this was a mistake or you would like to join again you can do such by going to the guild homepage."

Somethin like that. I'm going to send an announcement today saying the session ends tonight and a new one opens tomorrow. (I extended to see if this announcement will work on getting people to post there.)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:28 pm
Ah, okay. That makes sense.
Btw, your tank was glowing. =)

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:38 am
Hey, Aero? Can you explain to me how you do the raffle winners? I'm pretty sure I know how to pick a winner from the session voting when there's a tie but the raffle eludes me. I don't wanna take your job away from you but seeing as you're so busy lately I wanna try and keep things running smoothly.
If you wanna keep that to yourself I understand. =)

Aerobe generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 12!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:04 pm
Roll a random number from 1 to the number of replies.

For 24 it would be 29. Roll 2 of em.
1st roll gets gold. 2nd roll gets the letter.

Aerobe
Captain

Aerobe generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 14!

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:06 pm
Xx_Junie Rox_xX Gets 10k.

Never count the first post that we do as number 1.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:06 pm
Radioactive Pineapple gets a August 2009 letter.  

Aerobe
Captain

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:57 pm
Why would it be 29 if there are only 24 applicants?

Edit: NEVERMIND! xd
For Session 24 the number to roll would be 29 cuz that's the number of applicants. Got it. lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:08 pm
Yepyep.

Just finished gathering all the scores for all the event threads except the avatar one.
Blaah.

Aerobe
Captain

Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games