Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Introduce Yourselves - Vol. II Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It's so nice to meet you:
  introduce myself
  i like my privacy
View Results

Radio Wiccan

Shadowy Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:32 am
NAME: Peter

ABOUT ME: I am a very art oriented person and I am very close to any if not all animals no matter how ugly I manage to find beauty in it, they are my best friends.

PETS: 5 dogs 3 cats. Two of these are my firmiliars. My black cat Tut and my Corgi Gir

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I am interested greatly by religion andcrafting everything out of anything

CURRENT PATH: eclectic with some Celtic elements.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: 2 years

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: animals I am particularly drawn to are owls, cats and peacocks.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:32 am
NAME: Sarah but you can call me Kryiu
ABOUT ME: I'm a dork sometimes C:
PETS: 1 cat and 1 dog <3
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: i like to play video games,draw, read and sleep xD
CURRENT PATH: Celtic
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Two years, next july will be three years :3
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I'm Shy at first but once i get used to people i'm fine

Kryiu

3,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:44 pm
NAME: Madison (You can call be Berry)
ABOUT ME: Im usually very shy but not when i get on a stage. I have a lot of friends and love making new ones but sometimes i still feel like an outcast.
PETS: 3 cats, and a rat
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Acting, Sing, Dancing, collecting Cacti, Making music.
CURRENT PATH: Uh... I've bin raised atheist but I want to learn about wicca
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: about 2 years but only started studding or trying to learn for about 2 months
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I love fantasy and i really hope that wont be "the death of me" when it comes to learning about Wicca.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:55 pm
Staring Berry

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I love fantasy and i really hope that wont be "the death of me" when it comes to learning about Wicca.

A lot of Pagans are very fond of fantasy, and quite a few are into Creative Anachronism, LARPs, DnD and RPGs. After all a lot of traditional fantasy is derived from Pagan myth. ^_^  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Butter Toast Grill

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:07 pm
Name: Whitney, but you can call me Mrs.Mayhem.

Reasoning: I am Mrs.Mayhem because I met my fiance 3 years ago on a website called Naruto-boards. I was only 14 at the time and had no idea that it was going to be so serious. Though now here I am 17 and still in love and now for 6 months happily engaged to this man. His account name had the word Mayhem in it, so this is how our accounts came into being. He is 20 and an amazing man. I try to teach him what a Wiccan is and how things are associated with Paganism, but it's hard when I have just started learning myself.

State: North Carolina.

Anything else? :3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:06 pm
MadameMayhem
I try to teach him what a Wiccan is and how things are associated with Paganism

What do you think Wicca is and what differentiates it from Paganism?

"There is nothing to fear when you have nothing to lose."

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Butter Toast Grill

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:27 am
Calelith
MadameMayhem

I'm not very familiar with the differences. I had a pagan friend that wanted to teach me... But he seemed to know it no better than he knew the bible. So he never really told me much. He practically said they were the same, but I know they're not. So it's hard for me to say honestly. Which is the main reason I joined here. I wanted to discover more myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:10 pm
MadameMayhem
Calelith
MadameMayhem

I'm not very familiar with the differences. I had a pagan friend that wanted to teach me... But he seemed to know it no better than he knew the bible. So he never really told me much. He practically said they were the same, but I know they're not. So it's hard for me to say honestly. Which is the main reason I joined here. I wanted to discover more myself.
I'm not the expert here, but the main thing I can tell you is that Wicca is a very specific, secretive, and oathbound religion, whereas Paganism is more general, and can be many different things depending on the specific Pagan tradition one is following.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 pm
MadameMayhem
Calelith
MadameMayhem

Adding on to what Emo Bard said, Paganism is an umbrella term that covers all non-Abrahamic religions.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:52 pm
I'm so rude, I forgot to introduce myself before I started posting sweatdrop
NAME: Patricia
ABOUT ME:Hey! I am never do good about me's but I'll still give it a shot. I am a 6 foot blonde with super curly hair. I used to be a shut-in but I have been getting a lot better at real-life situations.
PETS: I have two cats named Butler and Squeaks (Both male). I also have two dogs named Cam and Misty (Male and Female).
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, and dance smile
CURRENT PATH: I am currently an Eclectic but I have been looking into the Dark Forest Coven for when I turn 18
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: I have been studying for 5 years. ^.^
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE My favorite color is orange. My favorite animal are giraffes. I am a Leo, and I am aiming to become a famous dancer. PM if you want to talk ^.^  

Bamfiz

Greedy Capitalist

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:15 am
NAME: Liz, Kill or Caustic are all fine by me.
ABOUT ME: I love science and arts and crafts and I've been playing the guitar for seven years now. I've also just completed my first year at university. I also love writing stories (as well as reading them) and watching documentaries (the ones on Ancient Egypt have always been my favourite).
PETS: I have a frog named Bill, a Yabby named Bluey and a dog named Jess (she's a Maltese/Jack Russel cross).
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Arts and crafts of all sorts, gardening and a whole host of other things.
CURRENT PATH: I'm currently seeking - I don't know where I'll go as long as I'm able to get somewhere in the end.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: About four years now.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I've been dating a very special guy for the last two years and he is an amazing find - he is the only open-minded male I have ever met.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:12 am
NAME: Lokeal
ABOUT ME: From my the time I was born, I was quite the oddball. Didn't cry as much as your average babies when I was one, learned to climb before I learned to walk and came to confront curiosities before I learned to speak. My parents simply had to deal with me when at about three years of age, I climbed a telephone pole to the top. My father has told me time and time again, that I was far too gutsy, and even now I often hear him say it. Anyhow I am known for digging through controversy, being random, my approach in philosophy, and a bit more ^_^
PETS: An Akita named Kudos
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, video gaming, sword collecting, writing, philosophy, survival, Utopian ideals
CURRENT PATH: Seeking a conclusion in a developing Ideology formed to be beneficial to society
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Since my babysitters where Wiccans actually. I've read through bits and pieces of wiccan based texts and find that there is something rather important about it.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I may not be Wiccan but I am open minded to learn, please pm me with details of Wicca if you feel like it.  

Votaro

Friendly Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100

the dead poet

5,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:07 am
NAME: Usually go by Maka

LOCATION: Missouri ...3 bedroom apartment + 5 residents = slightly crowed, yet very interesting

User Image

ABOUT ME: .. live with 4 of the best roommates I could ever ask for. Currently taking a break from school due to medical reasons. Worked as a cake decorator for about 9 months until recently. I have this the room that has a tendency to aquire a bunch of random stuff which I use to give me the ability to make almost anything. Um.. I have rainbow hair and kinda recieved a reputation for it around town.. I'm usually pretty open ..so feel free to talk ..or ask anything

PETS: her name is Gracie ..sadly I have to keep her at my mom's who lives 2 hours away.. sad
User Image

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: painting, drawing, skateboarding, anime, mmorpgs, atari, cosplay, drinking games, cars, cooking, art

CURRENT PATH: wicca

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: I was raised Catholic by my entire family.. Once I hit high school I realized it wasn't something I truly believed in.. so I ventured out and researched different religions and found one that made sense and felt right to me..

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: very easy going and open minded.. enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:03 pm
NAME: Vlad
ABOUT ME: I'm a college student studying fine arts and art history
PETS:
Calico Cat named Moonshine (name is intentionally annoying)
Bearded Dragons (Jafar, Moheto, Thor, Odin, Red Skull, and Loki)
Chamelions (Don Quotix and Dulan)
Water Monitor (Ravi)
King Snake (Lambia) Boa (Marishka) Corn snake (Ned) Retic Python (Sun)
Albino Pacman Frog (Freda)
California Dessert Tortoises (Lilith, Pinky, Blue Boy, Vlad)- yes that's my turtle's name, and it's a girl. The irony is not lost.
Box turtles (Sam, Zilla, Aphrodite, Spike)
There are two other turtles named brutus and Gladiator but I don't remember their species.
and hermit crabs, tarantulas, scorpions, cockroaches... they all have names but I don't think anyone is still reading this anyway.

I have a lot of pets...
I run a zoo out of my house, literally. But I know all the animals very personally. Some of them are named after gods and goddess, this is actually because of my love of Xena and comic books, I apologize if that offends people.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: writing, poetry, reading, horror movies, painting, comic books, and myths.
CURRENT PATH: eclectic/ seeking
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: few years
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: :] looking for friends and things to learn.  

Vlad T

Dapper Cultist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:39 pm
the dead poet

ABOUT ME: .. live with 4 of the best roommates I could ever ask for. Currently taking a break from school due to medical reasons. Worked as a cake decorator for about 9 months until recently. I have this the room that has a tendency to aquire a bunch of random stuff which I use to give me the ability to make almost anything. Um.. I have rainbow hair and kinda recieved a reputation for it around town.. I'm usually pretty open ..so feel free to talk ..or ask anything
You and I have a lot in common! I have awesome roomies and a small collection of stuff that lets me do anything from build houses to knit blankets. rofl

Quote:
CURRENT PATH: wicca

Which tradition are you an initiate of? I'm currently seeking with a Gard coven myself.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games