Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Londo Mollari

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:29 pm
Hello all, my name is Adib. I changed my nick to Londo Mollari on a whim a while back, but then when I decided I wanted my old nick back, it turned out someone else had taken it. Nonetheless, I answer to Adib or to Londo.

My favorite book is Lynne Truss's Eats, Shoots & Leaves. I think in a past life I must have been a thirty-something British woman. Anyway, appreciate good punctuation and grammar, and consider myself a stickler to a point (I've been known to take a Sharpie to extraneous quotation marks), but I don't think I'm particularly intolerant of people who aren't as precise as I am.

I am nearly 23 and have my bachelor's degree in Theatrical Light Design, and am about to start at Vancouver Film School for their Film Production program. I've also started work on a fantasy/scifi novel that I plan to have done by the end of the year.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:58 pm
'Ello, 'ello - name's Iris.

(I'm horrible at introducing myself... >.O)  

Silvi Tal

my_secret_nowhere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:14 am
Hey everyone I'm Kristian and I'm interested in meeting some new people here! :]  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:48 am
Hi everyone. =]

My name is Krystle, and if you spell it wrong, that's okay, most people do. ><'' You can call me Krys if the spelling happens to not stick to your brain well. I am fifteen years old. I enjoy reading, my favorite book is Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. I also enjoy music. Who doesn't? I'm a big fan of metal, J-rock, and reggaeton. I know it's quite diverse. sweatdrop

I have a fascination of people. How their mind works, what triggers them to do certain things, why they act a certain way, etc. I'm still not exactly sure what I want to do with my life. I've always wanted to be a "rock star." Again, who doesn't? stare But I've always loved the medical field, and perhaps I shall pursue my goals in that area. If all else fails, the Spanish language, culture, and people have always been a favorite of mine.

Anyway, that's enough about me. I hope to make some new friends here! biggrin

C y a n i d e[C a n d y

Allison Grey

Precious Codger

10,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:21 pm
Hello. My name is Allison. This is NOT my real name, but for all intents and purposes, it is for now. My real name is Hiotori. I am from Japan and I was hoping that being in a Grammer Guild would help me improve upon my english. I feel like I know a lot about american literature already.

I am 19 and am currently in America, Manhatten, New York on an internship. The place is gorgeous! I love reading, and am currently immersed in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I enjoy roleplaying, and have created many characters . . . My two favorite anime shows include Fullmetal Alchemist and Gravitation.

I have been pretty down on the latest anime shows aired in Japan, however, because none of my friends will tell me about ANY of them. I have, though, heard of a new anime show that is fit to air in America some time soon. For information, let me know!

Please do not ask me to translate anything because it is VERY annoying.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:26 pm
Hi
I'm a literate 11 year old  

AAR fan

[ Starsin ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:00 pm
Hello everyone. My name is Zach and I'm a 13-year-old middle school student. I am the top writer in my class and have everything I write online run through spell check so I will never spell words incorrectly unless I mean to. I am glad to be in the Grammar Guild because I will be able to set an example for all the illiterate people on Gaia. Or so I hope.
Thank you everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:51 pm
Hello hello, I'm new here. I don't really have an online nickname, so call me whatever comes to mind from my username.

I'm really compulsive about my own spelling and grammar, and thought that this guild seemed really cool.

I like music a lot. I listen to a bunch of J-rock, alternative, and a dose of classic rock. I'm a huge fan of reading and writing, and I enjoy doodling/ other such artistic things as well.

I'm terrible at introductions like this. xD;  

echelon ii

Mrkurosakie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:14 pm
My name is Walter Spracklin, I'm an immensely literate 16 year old teenager, who berates anyone who likes to speak "txt tlk"...typing that just made me cringe a little inside..Grammar is the way we speak, talk, and just plainly express ourselves, so why not be extremely literate? Makes sense to me...anyhow, I'm in grade 11, with an 88.6% average, so I guess that makes me pretty smart..yay honours! I enjoy reading, mainly fantasy, but I do like mystery here, and there..My favorite books by far would be the "Pern Series" books, by none other then my beloved Anne Mccaffrey. I enjoy listening to rock music, like System of a Down, HIM, and a wide variety of other bands like The Postal Service, etc. I also like to write a lot of course...I write poetry religously. I like watching anime. Most of them consist of "Inuyasha", "Slayers", "Gravitation", "Bleach", and a lot of others to be named..love me!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:18 am
I go by m a d c a p ., maddy, mad, or madcappius (all lowercase intentionally). I'm a 17-year-old who has been free of chatspeak for five years. I am a senior in high school, with a GPA above a 4.0.

I enjoy music of just about any persuasion of rock, and my current favorite bands are From First to Last, Escape the Fate, Color of Violence, My Chemical Romance, Avenged Sevenfold, Queen, Metallica, and AC/DC. I also listen to J-rock.

I enjoy reading Chuck Palahniuk, Brain James, Goethe, Dante, Chuck Klosterman, David Leviathan, Rachel Cohn, Alex Sanchez, Edward Gorey, and Jhonen Vasquez.

I am a huge fan of Tim Burton's films, as well as Fritz Lang's, Kevin Smith's (the good ones), and J-horror. I also have a thing for The Crow and Brandon Lee's family in general.

I play video games religiously, and my current playlist is: DDRsuperNOVA, Guitar Hero II, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger, Rez, and God of War.

My fashion is my own, let no one try to change it.

I write songs.

I watch anime and read manga, but I prefer old school stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho and Gunbuster.

m a d c a p .

[Psychotic.Ballerina]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:53 pm
Hi. My name is Katie. I don't have that many nicknames, so you can call me by my real name.

I'm awful at introducing myself. razz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:13 am
Hello, my real name is Courtney but I prefer to be refered to by my Gaia name Teasie-Love . . . but it's kind of short for Teaseblossom (this account was based off of an old one that was hacked). My friends call me Teasie, or Tea-chama so feel free to do the same. I am 21 one years old, and I love to read.

And I am discovering that I am bad at introducing myself as well so PM me if anyone wants to chat!  

Teasie-love

8,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100

Liki_Rofe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:12 am
Hello! I'm new to the guild. And this is my first time participating in a discussion! Great to meet all of you!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:41 pm
Hi my name is Krysta but you may call me Gummi or Gumsters. I am 14 years old but sometimes I can act older. I love to read, write in my journal, and of course like any other typical teenage girl I like to hang out with friends. I hope I get a chance to meet you all!  

GummiBear13

Giraffie-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:29 pm
I'm semi-new. I love books! They are awesome! I am literate and proud of it. Hi!  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games