Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:29 am
User Image
User Image

If his face had shown any hint toward the guilt of jinxing another student, Blaire had wiped it clean as he strutted through the large doors into the Great Hall. His gaze swept the room, and he paused for the briefest moment, even he was a little impressed with the castle's grandeur. He casually strolled through the hall to fall in line behind the other first-years, inspecting the students already seated, and listening with a keen ear to the hat's proclamations. The girl Jane - now a Hufflepuff, Obvious. Blaire was taken aback a bit with Colton's sorting - having seen a spark of Slytherin in him, personally - and even moreso by Ronyo's. Maybe there's more to you after all, he pondered, a slight smirk dancing across his lips. When the blonde heard his own name, he calmly proceeded toward the stool where the one-armed man waited patiently, altering his demeanor to the happy-go-lucky, air-head he preferred to portray. "What a beauty," he commented on the man's pet, daintily sitting on the stool.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm extremely cunning, with a quick wit and a sharp tongue, if not a bit strange. Some say I'm vain, cold, and am easily flattered or offended. I strive for self-improvement, and self-preservation always takes priority. To me, life is a chessboard, each new person a piece to be utilized. I have no reservations to sacrifice a pawn who's outlived its usefulness, or to further a grand scheme. As was commonplace in my family, I do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress me, though I'm not above using flattery to further my means. I can be a little devious, but who isn't? I undertake tasks the most effective, efficient way, and should plan A no longer work to my advantage, I always have a plan B, C, or D to turn to. Though I'm a capable leader, I have no interest in taking command, and prefer to remain in the background.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:18 am
Loveless 13 The Elder
User Image
Unsorted- First Year

User Image

Luke walked into the great hall just in time to hear his name being called by a rather intelligent looking man standing next to a stool holding a hat. Luke smile confidently remembering from the book he had read that the hat takes into consideration the requests of the wearer. No worry’s than Luke thought before swishing his sucker to the other cheek and casually strolling forward to the chair.

Reaching the man Luke looked up at him and gave a very polite smile "Pleasure to make your acquaintance sir", Luke spoke with the forced habit of hundreds of lessons that were drilled into his head. He did a nodding bow to acknowledge the teachers status before taking a seat on the stool. Luke sat up strait and properly thought that bit was out of habit as well, he waited for a second for the hat to fall over his eyes clearly it was to big but that wasn't was concerned Luke the most right now. Hat I don't like the idea of begging Luke thought frankly before continuing the thought though I will make an exception just this once I don’t care what it takes I need to be in the same house as a dear friend of mine please. Luke smiled as he began to think of Drake I don’t make friends easy you see dear hat cause most just dont suit me and I rather want to keep this one if it is possible Luke let out a troubled sigh not knowing what to think next for once it seemed all of his wisdom had decided to take a vacation. So he stayed quite and waited for the hat to do something, wondering if it had heard him.

People say that, in a nutshell, I’m picky, I don’t like people they are troublesome and have a lot of baggage. I find life boring half the time. If I make friends with you I feel a connection.I love to learn new things and can be seen with an advanced book quite offten. I am a pure blood and like making my friends as such though I make exeptions for people who connect to me. I don't care what others think of me unless you are my friend. I am resourceful specially when it comes to getting something I want, I can come off as rude and/or mean though I could care less what anyone besides my select few friends think.I am smart though I dont like to flaunte it, I am drawn to people who are also smart and knowledgable. I use my wit to get me out of tight spots and to keep others guessing.

If you ever wish for things that are in the past,
just remember that the wrong things aren't supposed to last

User ImageXXXXUser ImageXXXXUser Image

User Image
User Image

Who am I with? Ophelius, my coworkers...all of Hogwarts
How am I feeling? A little nervous, excited
On my mind? Oh god what have I gotten myself into

"Luke Tangium!" The blond was still nervous but he was doing much better by this point. "And to you was well." He answered softly to the boy. That was rare for the first years to actually speak. It was nice though. Gently putting the hat on the boy Zander stepped back and let the hat worked.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Hm...interesting
A picky one who's hard to get to know
You're close to the friends you make
Not to mention a resourceful one
A lot of house would do you well
But it better be...
Hufflepuff!

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:23 am
Dark Prince of Thorns
User Image
User Image

If his face had shown any hint toward the guilt of jinxing another student, Blaire had wiped it clean as he strutted through the large doors into the Great Hall. His gaze swept the room, and he paused for the briefest moment, even he was a little impressed with the castle's grandeur. He casually strolled through the hall to fall in line behind the other first-years, inspecting the students already seated, and listening with a keen ear to the hat's proclamations. The girl Jane - now a Hufflepuff, Obvious. Blaire was taken aback a bit with Colton's sorting - having seen a spark of Slytherin in him, personally - and even moreso by Ronyo's. Maybe there's more to you after all, he pondered, a slight smirk dancing across his lips. When the blonde heard his own name, he calmly proceeded toward the stool where the one-armed man waited patiently, altering his demeanor to the happy-go-lucky, air-head he preferred to portray. "What a beauty," he commented on the man's pet, daintily sitting on the stool.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm extremely cunning, with a quick wit and a sharp tongue, if not a bit strange. Some say I'm vain, cold, and am easily flattered or offended. I strive for self-improvement, and self-preservation always takes priority. To me, life is a chessboard, each new person a piece to be utilized. I have no reservations to sacrifice a pawn who's outlived its usefulness, or to further a grand scheme. As was commonplace in my family, I do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress me, though I'm not above using flattery to further my means. I can be a little devious, but who isn't? I undertake tasks the most effective, efficient way, and should plan A no longer work to my advantage, I always have a plan B, C, or D to turn to. Though I'm a capable leader, I have no interest in taking command, and prefer to remain in the background.

User Image

User Image
User Image

"Blaire Frost!" Zander smiled a little when the...boy?...girl? Came forward. Hm...curious. Ophelius hissed softly at Blaire with a nod of his great head. The serpent coiled part of his tail around Zander's ankle as the man placed the hat on the student's head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The hat barely touched the boy's head before crying...
Slytherin!

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:34 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi had fallen back slightly from their group of four, and was quite further down in the line of students than her three acquaintances were. Jane was first to be sorted, which both impressed and pleased Phi. Seeing the sweet timid girl up there, clearly wrapped in nerves and emotions, made Phi's heart stretch out to her. She knew Jane and herself would still enjoy each other's company regardless of House placement.So once the Hufflepuff House was called, she could not help but beam and clap for her along with a few others and an entirety of the yellow and black table.
Colton was next, and he looked as stern and stunning as ever, gliding up the steps and placing the hat in waiting. His eyes locked with Phi's and she smiled to him again. Another small smile, which he was becoming very practiced in reading the meaning behind.
Gryffindor was called and Phi shared in Ronyo's non-surprise as she watched that tall boy join his table. Ronyo's sorting however, was a bit shocking. She thought he would go right behind Colton into Gryffindor but it had not been so. As she smiled at him, watching him join the green and silver, she noted there was more to him she would need to find out.

Then it was finally her. A small patch of the middle of her tongue went dry. She was the last of their group of four and there was only one House left, unless she was going to join someone. She carefully walked up to the hat and bowed her head before putting it on and sitting straight up on the stool.

{people say that, in a nutshell, i'm: a quiet girl who always has her nose in a book. I solemnly speak, and at one point was thought to be mute. I only speaks when it is necessary, or when i am spoken to. I just don't feel the need to trouble myself with chit chat. I would much rather listen.
I enjoy working on my studies and interests - which include reading, writing, spell exercises and occasionally tinkering with clocks. I may be a bit hard to approach or be-friend because of my silent ways, but i am in no way an unkind person, I am always staring out into space or day dreaming, if I am not studying, that is.
}

╚══════════════════╝

Pale Mist

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:38 am
User Image
first year - unsorted
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

¦¦
Allen watched with delight as Bea was quickly sorted into Gryffindor. He locked eyes and beamed at her, silently congratulating her on getting into the House sh desired.
He also saw Woil get into Ravenclaw and he smirked at him before he himself walked up the steps and sat on the stool.
"Hello Sorting Hat." he muttered with a small grin. Staring at the cloudy night ceiling trying to rid his head of anything, so it was only him the hat saw.

{Allen is a kid who is always smiling and friendly. He is always willing to help someone and is kind to any and everyone. He works hard in everything he does (which tends to not be anything aside from pranks and adventure-seeking), because he has made a promise to his old man, something he keeps deep inside himself. being thrown from his first house and living on his own, then suffering tragedy and utter loss in the next. He keeps his secrets to himself. Though he is an optimistic and happy person on the outside, on the inside he hides some sadness and burdens. Even though he is the first one to do something to cheer you up. }
¦¦

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:41 am
User Image

Alex Skyhart looked around the Great Hall as names were being called to the Sorting Hat. He awaiting the calling of his own name, but his curiosity kept him scanning the hall at the other students as well as the teachers. As he watched students being sorted, he could not help but think of his father...he would never be able to write to him and tell him of anything that was going on after tonight. It didn't seem as if his father was truly dead, but he had begun to accept it...he had no choice.

Finally, his name was called. Alex, without hesitation started forward toward the old, patched hat and sat down on the stool...

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm usually always leaping head first into action: thoughts come later. I’m quick to stand up to anyone in need and I’m always quick to express my opinion. Most people view me as loyal, dependable and daring, while at times I can be a bit of a hot head but nonetheless I strive to be a model student but somehow always falls into situations that show otherwise.  

GryffindorSoul86

Spongy Filling

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:05 am
User ImageUser Image

Because hairdye is just that
COOL.

unsorted first year

~

When Mallow her name called, her nerves rose by the thousands and she found herself standing there stupidly. With a small push from somebody behind her, she walked up to the stool, trying to forget all her nerves and sat down. If her parents were here right now, they'd only blab about how she wasn't acting like herself not think about how it felt to walk up to the front of a room with hundreds of people. Mallow plonked down onto the stool. She didn't even have a clear idea of what the houses meant, so she'd take anything.

So theres four houses. According to that kid at the station, you're sorting based on personality. Another then that, I don't have any heck of an idea to go by. I guess just wait and see what happens? A tinge of red appeared on the girls cheeks looking out and seeing that most everybody was looking at her.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a stubborn girl that doesn't think things over before she does them. I have a bit of an over active imagination, and it's led to me randomly spacing out. I'm a little loud, and I almost never shut my mouth. As I said before, I don't think things over before I do them and it's led me to a number of sticky situations. The worst that little bit of personality has done me is causing me to nearly tumble off the side of a boat, and the rest hasn't been to bad so it doesn't bother me much. I'm always the one to help a person in need, but that's gotten me into trouble sometimes as well. And to top off my list of personalities that can easily get me in trouble, I tend to be relatively daring and adventurous.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:17 am
User Image

Shadow Fyre
"That's the spirit---one part brave, three parts fool."

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

As Shadow walked into the great hall, he saw many people just staring at all the others as though they were unsure of what was going on. At the far end of the room, Shadow noticed two long tables with a bunch of adults sitting there. 'I wonder if those are the teachers' Shadow thought to himself.

The boy's thoughts were interrupted as the Deputy Headmaster called his name. He walked up and sat on the stool. The man then put the Sorting Hat upon his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm true to what I believe in. I stand up for those things constantly and don't back down without a fight. I don't really like being around people much, but I have friends that I often help when they need it. People say that I'm of average intelligence and I hardly speak.

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

Sirius Hot-Pink

CyberTwigg

7,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:32 am
Sebastian Cragus

First Year

Unsorted

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[/img]

Sebastian walked into the great hall following all the other first years.There are so many of them, Sebastian thought to himself. He continued to look around at the students and teachers.I'm next, He thought and then the time had come. Sebastian moved and sat on the stool awaiting the hat to be placed on his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm that shy boy who is really nice. Opens up to only a chosen few and eventually can be an amazing friend. I am really smart but sometimes a little bit to much for my own good. Advice and computers are my forte along with music and puzzles.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:47 am
☆═━┈Ðąηїєℓℓє Ғѓїsk┈━═☆
------------------------------
---------------

User Image

User Image

•·.·´¯`·.·• Ғїѓs† yєąѓ •·.·´¯`·.·•´

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

As the line of students made their way into the Great Hall, Danielle couldn't help but gasp in awe. Long tables filled with students graced the room, the students sitting according to house. Above their heads, the ceiling faded into a glorious night sky, much like the one they had just left. The stars twinkled just as Danielle had observed outside, and the moon shone bright and triumphant against its black backdrop. Candles floated above each of the tables, giving the Great Hall a mysterious, otherworldly feel. The staff sat at the front of the room, with the Deputy Headmaster placed in front with a stool and a rather old looking hat. Danielle looked on curiously. Was this the ceremony that her sister had mentioned? A hat? She was anxious to find out just what was going to happen.

As the line of first years made their way past the tables full of students, they kept quiet and most seemed nervous or frightened. Danielle was too fascinated with everything around her that she hadn't riled up her nerves in the least bit. The first years came to a halt before the Deputy, and formed a line as they were told. Danielle waited, anxious and excited for her name to be called. She watched students go before her, the hat being placed on their heads and it proclaiming what house they would be spending the next seven years with. Alex went, and Danielle gave him an encouraging smile as he sat on the stool and awaited his fate. When the hat called out the house of silver and blue, Danielle cheered along with the house's table. She was happy for him, and hoped that perhaps she would be placed there as well. She didn't want to become separated with the one friend she had made thus far.

When the Deputy finally called out her name, Danielle took a deep breath and stepped up to the stool, her excitement apparent on her face and a wide smile gracing her lips. She sat on the stool, her heart pounding as she looked out over the sea of students that watched her every move. This was the time she had been waiting for ever since stepping off the train. What did these next seven years hold for her?

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm curious. I wonder about the world around me and love learning new things. I'm kind of the modern-day Aristotle, I guess. I strive to gain whatever knowledge I can and put this knowledge to good use. I feel like learning is the driving factor in the growth of a person. Without learning, there can be no survival. My thirst for knowledge has made me intelligent, I suppose. I don't consider myself above anyone else. I can thank my humble upbringing for that. Why would I need to feel superior when I love all the people that surround me? My family is incredibly important to me, and they support me in everything I do. My dream is to become a writer, and to publish books about all the things I've learned on my journey through life. Without the ability to learn and to be able to teach others, I wouldn't be nearly as happy and outgoing as I am. Did I mention I tend to be somewhat of a tomboy?

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Rechosia

XxMinnie_HeartbreakerxX

Profitable Prophet

4,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 am
Marcy Delain

First Year

Unsorted

Marcy stood looking at all the students around her. What if I don't get into Ravenclaw, she thought to herself. Marcy started to get even more nervous when it was her turn. She walked up to the stool then hoped onto it. Marcy awaited to hear her class she would be in hoping for Ravenclaw.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm smart, caring, kind, bookworm, helpful, and shy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 am
User Image

Drake let out a slow breath. Hufflepuff. Was all he could think. The irony of his last statement to Luke. He heard his name called and nodded his head. As he stood up he nodded once to Luke. I'll be there soon. He thought. Before standing strait up.

He had been tought the same role Luke had over and over again. He first bowed to the hat, then to the headmaster, and finaly the deputy headmaster. "Thank you so very much for leting me come to your school." He said then sat on the stool, leting the hat drop on his head.

Hat I need a favor. I have a friend you put in Hufflepuff, and I would rather not loose him to all of this mess. He bit his lip, meeting Lukes eyes. I need him hat. Please. He though as a tear streaking down his face. Please.

People say in a nutshell, I could get way with murder, while reading a book on how to cook stew or something like that. I can be sinical about somethings, and like people who will give me a straight answer the first time. I tend to gravitate toward people who are higher up. Oh and I am really smart about healing, and muggle health as well

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:35 am
EmrysBranwen1987
EMRYS VICT
----------§----------
----------§----------
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
----------§----------
----------§----------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emrys was quite nervous and shocked entering the dining hall. It was a lot bigger than he expected. And with so many different faces, ranging from his age to adulthood staring at them like they were some kind of circus act. 'It's really a hat? I thought it was just a title.' He thought within, watching as student after student would approach the hat and be sorted. 'How does he even know how sort them?' He mused, waiting his own turn with the hat.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm shy, cautious and a deep thinker. This, however, causes me to miss out on some things and stick with the familiar. I've been told that I've got my head in clouds and am referred to as a wishful thinker. I will work hard to accomplish my goals, but I'll avoid as many toes as possible to do it.

{~~~~~~~~FIRST YEAR~~~~~~~~} {~~~~~~~~UNSORTED~~~~~~~~}

User Image

User Image
User Image

"Emrys Vict!" Zander watched the quiet boy as he came up to the stool. He seemed to be in awe of the place. A lot were like that but most were nervous. This one didn't seem as such when he placed the hat on the brunette's head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

A smart one now aren't you
You think before you act
You trust your mind more then most
You love for the intellectual tell me
The one place for you is...
Ravenclaw!

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:47 am
User Image
User Image

Daisy had never felt so small in her life. This place was huge and the amount of people inside seemed crazy. The small blond looked around and spotted Rose in the distance. She smile a little weakly at the girl. Part of her wanted to go running and hide but she knew this was for the best. Spying Charon and his his steady gaze the youngest Gaunt relaxed a little. She could do this. She'd done crazier things before hand and no little hat was going to stop her now. When her name was called she walked as confidently up to the stool and hopped on.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm
A real sweetie. It takes a lot to make me angry. I love to laugh and have fun. My brother tells me often I'm a brave girl since I stayed by myself in London for so long. I can be a little shy when I meet adults but people my own age I do a lot better with. Charon also tells me I have a big imagination.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:15 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

From the shadows of the high arched tower structure, Dante had managed to remain elusive as he surveyed the area before he made his way inside. He took notice of the near too silent conversation between Luke and Drake- but paid it little attention. His honey golden rays flooded the area once more, before he stepped inside far behind the rest of the group. If he could feel nervous, he'd probably be trembling in his robes. But the thought of his father had allowed him to widen his gaze, his orbs as bright as the candlelit ceiling that hung above them, as if in awe. But, Dante followe along, just like the rest of the crowd. Just like the rest of them, he reminded himself once the sorting hat had called him. He wondered if it would know. The violent outbursts, his problem, or so his father called it, a blatant disregard for 'right and wrong.'

People say that in a nutshell, I'm:

a stark contradiction. On one hand, I can be laid-back, easy going, fun-loving, and able to get any and every person involved in any scheme, but on the other hand I have an unruly temper, absolutely no patience, haughty biased opinions, an indefinite lack of morals, and over dramatic- albeit- boisterous tendencies. In all reality, I’m not perfect, as much as I try to portray the image that I am to preserve the family name in high esteem, but I do have a quick wit, and sharp intellect. My father would likely add that I'm 'cunning,' but how can an eleven year old even understand, more or less, comprehend the true meaning of what it means to be cunning- for merlins sake. I'm lucky enough to get by alone on my wit and charm with the situations I find myself in (somehow.)

╔══════════════╗
Location: Great Hall conversed with Drake and Blaire and Luke
Injuries: -
Thoughts: 'I wonder if it knows....
╚══════════════╝

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games