Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Onslaught of the Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:10 pm
User Image

"As I said before, I can give you what there is, which isn't much, mind you. The Minos Cluster isn't particularly a hotbed of activity, thus why we have such little representation here. Up until now, things were pretty quiet." Agent Issian responded, taking out a data-card and slipping it into his datapad, then began transferring over the Sector Ranger's reports of suspicious activity and high profile persons and activity for the last three months.

"Well, Ive got you three months of reports, youll have to pick through them for what youre looking for. Please terminate whatever information that you deem unhelpful towards your cause, such things shouldn't be getting out of responsible hands, Master Jedi." The bothan stated, removing the data-card and handing it out to Khyber."If this treat is what you claim, we need to weed this operative out, please send your findings to SIS and we can coordinate to help have it dealt with."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 am
lady_skuld
User Image

The two troopers stared at each other. Both formulating a different idea of what constitutes a distraction.

"We could just have a person tear across the opening," Sythica suggested.

"That puts valued assets at risk," Woods said in response. "What we need is someone to draw fire over here and pull them into a crossfire..."

"-Which can be achieved with a strafing run," Sythica insisted. She plucked her rifle up as she checked it's power pack. "I volunteer."

"It's not a matter of who's volunteering at all," Woods said, stomping her foot down. "We are not risking it against a dozen with just us four. That is final."

"Yes Corporal," Sythica said through gritting teeth. "Perhaps the Sithlet doesn't have a lightsaber either to deflect and surprise whatever's there with her skills, either, while we take the sides to open fire. What do you think?" Sythica said, turning to Nova.

Squad objectives:
- Secure an LZ.
- Shut down comm transmitters
- Destroy air defenses
- Remove the main communication tower.
- Secure spaceport

lady_skuld

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:39 pm
Nova sneered silently under her helmet. It was obvious that she was going to be picked for this even if she didn’t volunteer. “Sounds like a good of a plan as any….” Nova left out the bit that since she was the newest, she was the most expendable. Without further argument she took off to flank the side that would draw the enemy towards her and leave the rest of the communication tower open to her comrades to attack. Taking one of the two grenades she had left she launched one close to a particular building. As it exploded and the alarm went out to everyone of her attack she already had her saber ready in hand.

She waited close to the wrecked builing to see who would come first to check it. Roughly three soldiers assembled and as they fired Nova fled so as to draw them away. Dodging their fire was simple enough and eventually after allowing them to chase her for a minute or so she disassembled them her lightsaber. But she kept one of them alive, and ordered him to call for support. Fearfully the soldier did as instructed before meeting his end at her blade. As she waited for more to come, she could only hope that the others had the good sense to use the distraction to complete their objective.
----

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:20 pm
"Many thanks, agent," said Khyber, accepting the offered datacard. He then turned to Caisar, "I have a few personal effects to gather from the Sith vessel, but if it is possible I would like catch a ride with you down to Travnin. I should be able to secure transport there to wherever the Force may lead me next..."  

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:37 pm
Meanwhile, on Dromund Kaas...

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Silas Nightwind's footsteps echoed through the dark halls of the Imperial Citadel as she made her way to the council chambers. The woman was the spitting image of her daughter, but older, more hawklike, with greying hair. The most powerful woman in the Sith Empire, Silas had a lot on her plate. Between her daughter's exploits in the warfront, her husband serving in the fleet, and her own ambitions, she was as busy as anyone. Her goal, one that she had been consumed with for the last few weeks was the destruction of her rival, Darth Vengean. Vengean was the newest of the Dark Council members, having joined just before the start of the war, after murdering his master, the cruel Darth Vile. Much as many of the other Councilors, power for him had been passed by destroying his master and taking control of his assets. That did not always happen, and sometimes took a few extra years of worth, but Darth Vengean wanted this war more than anyone.

Normally, in another time, Silas might even support him. Vengean was young, powerful, and charismatic. Sure he could be brutish, even single-minded, but his ferocity was unrivaled. Under his wing was the new Sith Apprentice, Baras, a promising human Sith. Indeed, Silas sometimes saw herself in Darth Vengean. The only problem was that he had inadvertantly tried to have her daughter killed.

The attack on the Minos Cluster's capital world was bold on any sense. Even with minimal defenses, taking it was no small feat. Vengean, however, had made the executive decision to pull the entire fleet back, save for Ilia's taskforce. Her own group was still more than enough to take the planet, but holding it was impossible, in the event the Republic should attack. This was made even worse by the news she did not yet have, that a Republic force did return to the planet, attacked Ilia's taskforce, and destroyed a ship. Had she lost Ilia...... it would've been a blow she might never have recovered from.

When she finally reached the Council Chamber, she found two Imperial guards waiting for her. They did not move save to tap their staves on the cold floor, causing the door to open and permit her entry. She quickly sidled along the wall and took her seat. Most of the Council was there, save Darth Flennich, who was visiting the newly conquered territories near Ruuria. Seeing her take her seat, Darth Vengean stood and began to speak. "Thank you for coming, Lords and Lady. This month's council can now begin. I propose we start with an update on the war."

Everyone perked up at this. The war was on everyone's minds, so any news was welcome, even if it was common knowledge. Vengean continues. "As you know, the Republic fleet has retreated from Area 1, letting us take Ruuria and her neighbors. Local resistance put up minimal resistance and the planets fell without insidence. Sith forces are pushing further along the Trade Route, in the hopes of catching the Republic as they retreat.

"In the meanwhile, actions in Area 2 have begun. Area 2 is our assault on the Minos Cluster, a sector of stars rich in resources, and low in Republic presence. Their sector fleet there is weak and outdated, and not suspecting a frontal assault. We will push forward, attacking their heart and claiming the Cluster. It will take time to fully seize control and put down resistance, maybe a month, with our ultimate goal being the shipyards of Sluis Van. The taking of Sluis Van will mark the greatest defeat the Republic has yet faced in this war."

One of the Dark Lords, the ancient Darth Decimus cleared his throat. "Are we ready to take a major Republic shipyard?"

Vengean grinned. "Sluis Van, while it has a Republic embassy and some local defense forces, is largely independant. Taking the shipyard will provide resources and drydock for our ships, and allow us to more quickly put them back in the field. It will be a challenge, but one we can easily overcome. Under a concentrated attack by the entire fleet, they will fall quickly."

Many of the Sith Lords nodded in approval. Silas approved of the plan so far. "What of our Chiss allies?"

The Chiss were being organized by Darth Marr, one of the middle-ranking Council members. He was nominally in charge of Foreign Relations, a job he usually exceeded at. Marr's diplomacy was simple: bow to the Empire, or be crushed. Many planets fell to such policies during the years before the war, but only one state refused: the Chiss Ascendancy, who instead of refusing, instead offered an alliance. Caught off guard, and unable to commit enough forces to invade and conquer, the Sith accepted the alliance. "Our agents are well entrenched on many Republic worlds. When the time is right, many governments will lose their governors, and chaos will reign. Imperial Intelligence is also working on decrypting Republic long-range transmission codes. We expect results within the month."

"Excellent," Vengean replied. "Our plans move apace. In due time, we will see much glory and victory. The Republic will be crushed under our feet!"

Many of the Councilors nodded and murmured in approval. Silas was less than impressed, but had no reason to complain. She needed to go check on her daughter and see how her own side was moving, before taking the next step in her plans. With nothing else to really discuss as a council, she left, along with a few of the others, returning to her offices to relate the news to her daughter.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:37 pm
User Image

Caisar nodded to the younger Jedi.
"Of course, I would be honored by your companionship." He said with a smile. "I wouldn't mind listening to the rest of your story, about tracking this Sith down and that happened on Corellia. At the time I was far on the edge of the Outer Rim during that crisis." He then added, slipping his arms back into place beneath his robes, crossing each other just above his waist.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:22 pm
User Image

The crimson disc sailed to Cinn's hand and he plucked it out of the air just in time to strike the weight hurled at him, cutting it in two, the red hot chunks falling to either side of him.
Spying his opponent as he darted from one hanging weight to another, Cinn grunted with effort and sent first one half the rock he had deflected and then the other half flying at his opponent.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:27 am
User Image

"Well, it looks like she did her job," Woods said with hushed breath. Even though they had com units the urge to stay quiet stuck with her. The corporal looked at Sythica.

"What?" The private asked, noticing the glance after a double take.

"Well, you got her into this mess. You go save her. I'll plant the beacon." Sythica began to protest, as a hand was held up. Woods pointed towards the sith girl. "Now, would the Emperor approve of a soldier abandoning his cult follower?"

Sythica grit her teeth. Trying to play her loyalty as if it was an object of currency? This corporal would get it sooner or later. But for now she wasn't going to budge, and Sythica didn't need a count of insubordination on her record. Popping her head up Sythica watched several follow their comrades into the brush, as she followed them. They heard the sound of a saber snap and hiss as it cut their fellow men down. These soldiers probably assumed a sith operated like a Jedi, individually, as they began to crouch and get closer to their target. Several fingered grenades as they split into two groups. Sythica reached down and grabbed a frag and set the timer. The beep alerted them, as she tossed the grenade into the pack towards her right, taking those four down. Ignoring the urge to go for cover, she fired several red bolts into the other two. That was six. Three had followed the Sith out of the base, which meant...

"Hands up, and drop the weapon," a voice behind her shouted. Sythica raised her arms slowly. She let the carbine spin on her finger, indicating her disarmament. She bent down and let the weapon go to the ground as she turned about. Sythica looked up, and gave a laugh.

"What's so funny, buckethead?" the first trooper said. A pair of bolts nailed them in the back, as Woods stepped forth with her carbine smoking.

"The remaining one was trying to signal for help," the corporal announced. "Set the smoke and came. Good thing I saved your rear. Next time they might not be smart enough to try to capture, and shoot. Let's go, we got to rendezvous with the group. Grab your pet and let's go."

Great. Now they were even again...

Squad objectives:
- Secure an LZ.
- Destroy air defenses
- Secure spaceport  

lady_skuld

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:09 pm
Nova returned her saber to her belt when she sensed that the last of the enemy had been taken care of by the others. Before returning to them she collected whatever grenades she could find on the dead soldiers. Grenades are pretty useful, she thought. Very un-sithlike to use such a weapon, but that didn’t bother her much. She made her way over to Woods and the others and wondered what was next on what seemed to be a very long list of missions that needed to be accomplished.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:46 am
Danika tried to sleep for a while to get what rest she could, but the lack of any form of comfort in her cell made it hard to relax. It reminded her of her past, before she was rescued by the Jedi.

" She's a half-breed. " a voice said from outside a small cell where a young Danika was kept. " She's an Arkanian Offshoot and Zeltron mix. She's practically bred to be a slave girl, one with a natural gift of pleasing her master. " The sound of a couple of men laughing followed, then the cell opened. " Alright, get up. " the man in armor commanded. Danika stood up, facing his direction, but kept her head down. The other man, dressed like someone of wealth, looked over the girl dressed in rags that barely covered her. " She has a nice figure, one that I'm sure would make her a very beautiful woman when she gets older. " he said, then stepped into the cell and kneeled down to be at her eye level, and lifted her face to force her to look him in the eyes.

" I see no defiance in her eyes. I doubt she'd be any problem at all. Tell me, what can she do? " The armored man pulled out a datapad that had information about her on it. " She's a talented dancer, and her Zeltron heritage lets her feel if you're pleased with her, so she'd be easy to train for whatever movements you like seeing her do. " The wealthy man stood up and backed out of the cell. " So how much is she? " He was then shown the datapad. " Wow! She definitely seems to be worth the investment, but I'm afraid I can't afford her at this moment. I don't suppose you could hold her for me for a little while longer, could you? " The armored man shut the cell, and Danika sat back down on the bed. " I can hold her for a little while, but if you don't come back soon and someone else wants her and has the credits, I have to sell her. Strictly business, you understand. "

Danika shook her head at the memory. There was still a chance to escape her current situation. However, hope was starting to fade away as time went on. She just had a feeling that the Sith would be back for her before her chance would ever come.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:24 am

User Image

In time, Kira had been able to get out of bed and walk around some. Mr. Greene seemed to be as nice of a man as one could be. It wasn't until several days had passed and through the two of them talking that she understood the nagging feeling in her head. He had revealed himself to be a member of the law. A popo, fuzz, copper, Mr. Greene was someone who could ruin her operation in more ways than one. He didn't seem to know that. He didn't seem even interested in finding out either. Kira still tensed up each time he started the conversation in anticipation of the day that he would release all the information of her wanted past to her, and lock her up into the local jail and impound her ship.

The day never came though. Within several she had said her goodbyes, and the droid she was with had already begun to figure out new ways to staunch the bleeding that the ship's docking fee was having on their coffers. Naturally Kira found herself entering a cantina again, looking to meet a client. She was early today, and sat with her back to the wall in a booth. Around her, the music played like it usually would, though today was a holiday. As the band sang one line, the people would sometimes echo back in response.

Tal Finagan lived on Walkin Street...
In the middle of the street? He was homeless!

A gentle Corellian mighty odd...
Quite odd indeed!

He had a brogue both rich and sweet...
Couldn't understand a word of 'im.

an' to rise in the world he carried a hod...
Big HOD!

You see he'd a sort of a tipplers way, but the love for the liquor poor Tal was born...
Yes, the liquor he loved.

To help him on his way each day, he'd a drop of the craythur every morn. Whack fol the dah now dance to yer partner around the flure yer trotters
shake. Wasn't it the truth I told you? Lots of fun at Finagan's Wake

One morning Tal got rather full...

So full his eyes were brown!

His head felt heavy which made him shake. He fell from a ladder and he broke his skull...
He bounced.

and they carried him home his corpse to wake...
What's a Wake?

Rolled him up in a nice clean sheet...
No sheet!

And laid him out upon the bed
Everybody on the bed!

A bottle of whiskey at his feet and a barrel of lum at his head!
Whack fol the dah now dance to yer partner around the flure yer trotters shake. Wasn't it the truth I told you? Lots of fun at Finagan's Wake!

His friends assembled at the wake...
All two of them!

And Mrs Finnegan called for lunch
Yeah Lunch!

First she brought in tay and cake..
And brownies!

Then pipes, tobac and whiskey punch.
Biddy O'Brien began to cry, "Such a nice clean corpse, did you ever see, Tal avourneen, why did you die?"
"Will ye hould your gob?" said Paridah Mc'Gee
Whack fol the dah now dance to yer partner around the flure yer trotters shake. Wasn't it the truth I told you? Lots of fun at Finagan's Wake!

Then Maldras Oco'nor took up the job...

About time too!

"Biddy" says she "you're wrong, I'm sure"

Biddy gave her a belt in the gob and left her sprawling on the floor...

Now that's a position we've all seen her in many times before under more favorable circumstances!

Then the war did soon engage, t'was woman to woman and man to man..
That's the way Tal likes it!

Shillelagh law was all the rage and a row and a ruction soon began!

Mickey Maloney ducked his head when a bucket of whiskey flew at him.
It missed, and falling on the bed, the liquor scattered over Tal.

That's Alcohol abuse where we're from!

He revives, see how he rises, Tal rising from the bed

It's a miracle!

Saying "Whittle your whiskey around like blazes, t'underin' Jaysus, do ye think I'm dead?"
Whack fol the dah now dance to yer partner around the flure yer trotters shake. Wasn't it the truth I told you? Lots of fun at Finagan's Wake
Whack fol the dah now dance to yer partner around the flure yer trotters shake. Wasn't it the truth I told you? Lots of fun at Finagan's Wake

So caught up in this Kira was that she didn't notice the rules of the game being played around the bar. Within moments she found herself needing to pay a part of the other bar's tab, the half which had won the sing off, or whatever they wanted to call it. She facepalmed at the notion.

"Well, I suppose it was worth it. Where in the stars is this employer at?" she asked wondering. She was early. Not that early though. A clammy hand clasped her shoulder as she spun around. While she pointed the blaster at the person behind her, he stared back.

"Easy, easy. No need to get hostile." A zeltron woman was standing there with her hands above her head. "My name is Jor'zi. I heard you're a woman with some skill and might be interested in making a quick cred. I can't talk about moving goods, but your pistol should be good enough to get what I need..."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:19 pm
User Image

Thessa arched an eyebrow at the man's statement, and she exchanged a look with her associates.
"I'm sure that you will." She said. She then nodded to the assembled officers and Jedi in parting.
"I believe there is nothing more I can add to this discussion, so I shall retire to my vessel for the time. I have some planning I need to go over with my staff."

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:25 am
User Image

As the trio exited the area they could hear the sounds of artillery blasting away at the comm transmitters they had marked with smoke. The impact could still be felt through the air as Woods led the way through the underbrush to the rendezvous point. As they continued onwards the earth turned from soil to more gravel. Ridges began to grow up around them, until Woods held her fist up and told them to stop. She made several hand gestures later, as other Troopers popped up out of the brush. More of Dagger squad was already here.

"Good to see your command of rookies is as strong as ever Woods," Z-man said aloud. "We're not out of the forest yet. Even if the forward communication is knocked out preventing the enemy from reporting our troop movements, they still have air defenses. if we can manage to knock those out, the full might of the airborne can move in and take the planet with tactical strikes. Several other companies are moving in, but we're gearing up to be the strike that nails the coffin. We don't have the ability to move in heavy walkers into the rough areas up ahead, and the enemy is well fortified. More in number too."

The group gathered as well as they could without compromising their position. A small holoprojector appeared in Jammer's hands as he continued the briefing.

"Not too far from here, there's a large plateau, which houses three major aircraft guns. It is defended fairly weakly by comparison due to the strategic location. If we can capture this point, it is a bonus, but destroying that site will allow for more flexibility and the ability to assault the major city on planet. So, if we can, capture the site. But we must shut it down. Any questions?"

Squad objectives:
- Secure an LZ.
- Destroy air defenses
- Secure spaceport  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:21 am
The most obvious question hung in the air. “You said the area is weakly defended, but you didn’t mention how many one would be expected to face.” Nova spoke up from the back. “If it is only a small number I can handle the task well enough and destroy the weapons. The rest of the squad can move towards main objective of the main communications tower.”  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:05 pm
User Image
Knight-errant Jian Yakamura
Personal Location: Canyon of the Long Winds - The Tomb of Lord Kosan
Accompanying People: None
Current Attire: http://phoenixlu.deviantart.com/art/Taoist-priest-146500461

Jian's blade sliced through the iron chain that held the large boulder up, feeling the sudden loss in stability turn into a sinking rock. An impact crashed into the boulder, tilting the weight to it's side. As it sank, the young Jedi braced himself by gripping the chain, and using it to steady his feet. He had but one chance given, the Force telling him to wait just a moment longer. The air pulled his hair up as he bent his knees down, seconds turning into moments which dragged on. About halfway to the ground, the jedi sprung as hard as he could, summoning all the effort he could to push himself off, diving through the doorway out of the chamber. Rolling as he hit the ground, he used his momentum to stand up with saber hilt in hand, the backpack's contents rattled but secure. He stole one last glance as the rock hit the ground, splitting and cracking, splintering the very rock which the tomb housed itself on, as chunks fell into the chasm below.

But as Jian turned away to fly his escape, the part which he did not see was the chains which had held up their loads, now free, had slowly let go of the object wherein; the large stone face of the altar had been suspended, now all of its support gone. The large slab swung forward awkwardly, restrained only by a few chains as it spun sideways and snapped what little support it had left, falling upon the tomb in parts as the floor began to give way.

Jian sped through the maze as he raced for freedom. The chance he had could not be wasted... not to mention, he had accomplished quite a feat that the council probably would enjoy mocking at he was eager to tell..  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games