Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

FIFTHxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxPREFECTxxxxxxBEATER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rey thought about it for a bit. On one hand, her repertoire of wandless spells was much smaller than that of normal spells, but on the other hand, Fianna had a point, it'd be good to have some practise at wandless dueling. "I don't mind going wandless." She moved back to put some distance between them, tucking her wand into a pocket as she did, before shifting into the proper stance and bowing. She was at a disadvantage here as Fianna was more experienced and probably had a bigger arsenal, so she had to act quickly. Rey focused on pushing her magic out through her hand as she flicked it at Fianna's direction. "Expelliarmus!"

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          a txxthe courtyardxxxxxw i t hxxFianna and other club members
                                                          f e e l i n gxxanticipationxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

Graydon Ironshielda

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:58 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Sixth Year Sixteen Years OldSingle

With a smile, Fianna also tucked her own wand away. "Okay, let's do it," she added cheerfully. She actually looked forward to the challenge, and the chance to get a bit of extra practice in. The OWL had been nothing more than a simple demonstration of skill; Linny told her she'd dueled an old Auror in her NEWT exam. When Rey cast her spell, Fianna gestured with a finger, imitating the slashing motion of her wand, and countered with, "Protegro!" It was first time she really tried casting it wandlessly, and while she got the Shielding Charm up in time, Rey's spell struck with sufficient force to stagger her. "Nice one, Rey!" Fianna crowed enthusiastically. "Rictusempra!" and a spoke of azure light was launched from the tip of her index finger in response.

OOC: Open for Interaction
oyehh

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:20 am
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

FIFTHxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxPREFECTxxxxxxBEATER

"Thanks! That's a good shield too," Rey grinned back at Fianna before dodging the redhead's incoming spell, having yet to master a wandless protego. "Locomotor Mortis!" she clapped her hands together to cast the spell in retaliation. The spell was a bit basic but for now it'd do.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          a txxthe courtyardxxxxxw i t hxxFianna and other club members
                                                          f e e l i n gxxanticipationxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:36 am
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Sixth Year Sixteen Years OldSingle

Fianna said happily, "I've been practicing, but I wasn't sure it would work." As her partner tried tagging her with a Leg-Lock Curse, Fianna decided to try something different. She hadn't neglected her Cursebreaking studies over the summer. Mimicking the downward, circular motion of her wand with her finger, she answered her friends' attack with, "Protego Defixium!" As the curse reflected off the shield and went back toward Rey, Fianna was unconcerned, knowing even if it missed it wouldn't go any further than the perimeter of their dueling circle.

oyehh

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  That's what she told me

We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:05 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

SIXTHxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxPREFECTxxxxxxBEATER

The best thing about being a sixth year was that Rey didn't have OWLs to worry about anymore and she still had time until her NEWTs—not that it meant she could relax, just that she could dial it back a bit—and that gave her more time to concentrate on other things. Like being in charge of Dueling and Fencing clubs (though she shared the responsibility of the latter with Tiernan, thankfully). Not that Rey minded at all, she might be a bit anxious but she loved duelling and she was determined to do a damn good job at leading the club. Having arrived early to set things up, Rey looked around the courtyard in satisfaction. The targets and duelling circles were set up and with the forms and pens ready on a table beside her, all she had to do now was wait for people to arrive, and she was sure at least a couple would. Or, she hoped. She did put up posters in the common rooms (with help, of course) for a few days now.

[size=12][url=(PROFILE LINK)](CHARACTER'S NAME)[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House [color=(FIREBRICK/ DARKBLUE/ DARKGOLDENROD/ GREEN)] (CHARACTER'S HOUSE) [/color][/size][/b]

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          a txxthe courtyardxxxxxw i t hxxno one, yet
                                                          f e e l i n gxxanticipationxxxxxw e a r i n gxxa sweatshirt

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

username

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:23 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Seventh Year Seventeen Years OldSingle

With this being her final year at Hogwarts and with NEWTs looming in her future, one would have thought Fianna would curtail her activities, but she declined this. Part of it was needing an outlet, part of it was Dueling was extra training in Dark Arts and Wandless she needed if she planned on passing them with more than an 'Acceptable'. If Quidditch didn't pan out for her, she needed good grades and the other credentials to get in at the Ministry.

As was her custom, she chose to arrive at the courtyard where the club met, wearing dressier clothes than was usual, reflected a desire to show she was serious in her intent, and show proper respect for the ancient art. It was something her older cousin drilled into her: 'look like you mean business, act like you mean business'.

"Hi, Rey," she said to her favourite dueling partner, and Captain of both the Dueling and Fencing Clubs, as she collected a pen and a form to fill out.

Fianna Grey of House Gryffindor

"I hope we get a good turnout this term," she said cheerfully, as finished with the form

OOC:
oyehh

User Image
                  That's what she told me

We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:36 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft
SlytherinSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

Last term, Faina had been allowed only to watch as the older students got to trade spells against each other. While she'd seen some things which she filed away for future reference and grist for class participation in Madam Cohen's Dark Arts class, it was less exciting than getting the chance to actually participate. So far as she was concerned, her reasoning from last term still held. 'Only a fool didn't learn how to defend themselves, an' nobody's going to run to my rescue,'

Unlike the red-haired Gryffindor talking to the Captain, she wasn't wearing her Sunday best, instead Faina settled for jeans and a hunter green Slytherin sweatshirt for the meeting. While the more senior girls talked, Faina collected a pen and a form and filled it out.

Faina Patrovna-Harcroft of House Slytherin

Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:07 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

SEVENTHxYEARxxxxxxSLYTHERINxPREFECTxxxxxxBEATER
                                                      HEADxGIRL

Beyond setting up the posters, nothing was unusual or different about Rey coming down to set up the equipment for the dueling club. She arrived early, levitating the equipment behind her, but she took her time setting everything up and it wasn't long before everything was ready for the meeting. It felt like any other meeting, which was strange considering it was going to be her last first meeting. But Rey didn't dwell on that for too long, content to wait until the other club members arrived. She had to pick someone to lead after she was gone after all.

[size=12][url=(PROFILE LINK)](CHARACTER'S NAME)[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House [color=(FIREBRICK/ DARKBLUE/ DARKGOLDENROD/ GREEN)] (CHARACTER'S HOUSE) [/color][/size][/b]

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          a txxthe courtyardxxxxxw i t hxxno one yet
                                                          f e e l i n gxxpatientxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

username

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:36 am
Hands will take their place
Far from intentions made
Disguised as patience, time gets wasted
Now is for the now, so get loud
I'm, I'm destination addicted
I just gotta be some place else

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ΛĿƐӾΛИDƐŔ
ṖĤĪĿĿĪṖ
ΛѴƐŔY

sixth year │ gryffindor chaser │ pureblood

Alec slunk into Dueling Club, his attendance never have been great, but at least he had some actual free time this year, with no exams. But he was the second person there, besides Rey, so he figured she was probably just grateful people had started to actually show up. Dueling was kind of an important skill, anyways, considering the fact that some s**t always seemed to go down every few years. The sixth year gave the Slytherin girl a sheepish grin and took a form to fill out.

Alexander Avery of House Gryffindor

OOC:
Username

Hands will find their way
To eyes inches from my face
My heart gets beating, I drink freely
How to hold it down, hold it down?
Maybe if I stand up straight
One small thing I can change

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:44 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft
SlytherinThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle

Faina showed up for Dueling Club, hoping she wasn't late, but saw she one of the few whom were there, and certainly the youngest. She didn't kid herself, she knew her skills were lacking, but this why she came to here. A little extra training up was a good thing, and one never knew when it might be needed. "Hi, Reyna," she said, with a bit of a smile, as she approached the Head Girl and collected a form:

Faina Patrovna-Harcroft of House Slytherin

"I hope we get a good turnout this year," Faina added, noting how she and Alexander were the only ones there thus far, aside from Reyna.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:11 am
Something's happening to me
Every time I cross the street
Feels a lot like destiny
But I don't care about that
I'm making you a habit
It's taking all I have, yeah

ᴍʏʀᴏɴ
ɴᴀᴛʜᴀɪʀ
ʜᴀʀɢʀᴀᴠᴇ

halfblood │ fourth year │ gryffindor

Myron figured he would have been an idiot to not show up at Dueling Club after what had happened over the summer, so here he was. Not being an idiot. But if Callista showed up, he was going to kill her. He gave the captain, some Slytherin girl, a smile that was more like a slight grimace, before taking a form. Hopefully enough people showed up for them to actually pair off with one another.

Myron Hargrave of House Gryffindor

OOC:
Username

Addictive personalities
Attract the opposite to me
I'll keep them buried underneath
Where I don't care about that
And when they get loco, there's always more tomorrow
Role models, how did you get so hollow?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:54 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCourtyard - Dueling Club
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxStudents
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ιт'ѕ αѕтσυи∂ιиg, тιмє ιѕ fℓєєтιиgxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          мα∂иєѕѕ тαкєѕ ιтѕ тσℓℓ - вυт ℓιѕтєи ¢ℓσѕєℓуxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          иσт fσя νєяу мυ¢н ℓσиgєя ι'νє gσт тσ кєєρ ¢σитяσℓxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι яємємвєя ∂σιиg тнє тιмє ωαяρ, ∂яιикιиg тнσѕє мσмєитѕ ωнєиxxxxxx
                                                          тнє вℓα¢києѕѕ ωσυℓ∂ нιт мє αи∂ тнє νσι∂ ωσυℓ∂ вє ¢αℓℓιиgxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceKiery approached the courtyard somewhat nervously, not entirely sure if she was in the right place. She was pretty sure she was, but the school was still sort of confusing and there weren't many people here. But, she noticed that an older girl had forms to fill out, and reasoned that the odds of two different clubs happening in two different courtyards at the same exact time were minimal. So, she approached the older girl and took a form. She didn't recognize anyone here, because she was pretty sure none of them were in her house or year. But, that was okay. She could make new friends! Hopefully more people showed up, though. She bet this would be a lot more interesting, and fun, if there were more people around.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxιи αиσтнєя ∂ιмєиѕισи ωιтн νσуєυяιѕтι¢ ιитєитισи
                                                          xxxxxxωєℓℓ ѕє¢ℓυ∂є∂, ι ѕєє αℓℓ - ωιтн α вιт σf α мιи∂ fℓιρ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxуσυ'яє ιитσ тнє тιмє ѕℓιρ, αи∂ иσтнιиg ¢αи єνєя вє тнє ѕαмє
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxуσυ'яє ѕρα¢є∂ συт σи ѕєиѕαтισи ℓιкє уσυ'яє υи∂єя ѕє∂αтισи

User Image

Kiery Hemlock of House Ravenclaw

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:37 pm
Loyal to not only others, but also yourself.
I know exactly what to do with you!
Hufflepuff!

Orphan Sisters for Life
Sixth Years

Location : Courtyard (Dueling Club)
                                                  With : Each other, Club members...

Candace had only joined dueling club because Kimberly had wanted her too. Since humoring her in first, she’d continued being part of the club with the exception of second year. Though Kimberly hadn’t gone that year either. The day dueling club was scheduled the two girls met up and Candace couldn’t get over how Kimberly looked for the meeting. “Since when do you go all out with makeup?” She questioned her girl friend and orphaned sister curiously. “Since I’m friends with Rory and I can.” The Slytherin replied.

“But…” Candace went to say before Kimberly grabbed her hand. “Come on we have a club to get to.” She told her before leading her down the halls. “Wait,” She said stopping her just before the courtyard. “What?” Kimberly questioned with a raised eyebrow. “You look nice. And, if you did it for me you didn’t have too.” Candace told her with a small blush. “Thanks, and for the record that’s the point. I wanted too.” She answered her before giving her a kiss.

Candace was pretty sure if she was blushing before she was really blushing now. With the way Kimberly looked out of the way, the Slytherin in question led her better half into the courtyard. The Hufflepuff prayed her cheeks would go down in color before anyone noticed. “Hey,” Kimberly greeted the group that was forming. “Hi,” Candace said with a wave trying to keep the attention of her as she wrote her name and house down.

Candace Mackenzie of House Hufflepuff

Kimberly Leon of House Slytherin

Candace ~ Status : Happy but hoping I'm not blushing... Theme ~ Attire
                                                  Kimberly ~ Status : Happy and Feeling good. Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -

Aren't you quite outspoken?
                                                  In spite of that, you are still a loyal person,
                                                  One who seeks order.
                                                  I see you doing well in...
                                                  Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:20 pm
Gabriella Clarity Stanford
Muggleborn - Team Beater
Third Year Gryffindor

People call me Gabby...
                                                  I'm 13 years old...

Location: Courtyard - Dueling Club

Gabby had always had an interest in the dueling club since she started at Hogwarts. So much so she watched the older students in her first year. Of course, she hadn’t been the only first year watching that year. Since, second year however she was very active in the club. It was fun. Heading into the courtyard Gabby first noted her fellow classmate Faina. Fidgeting with her glasses as she went past to sign the form.

Signing her name and house Gabby walked away from the forms. Faina wasn’t the only person she knew. She also knew Alec and Myron from her house. The rest of those in the courtyard were all relatable from Quidditch. Gabby mentally did the numbers in her head and noted that there was an even number of members. That was good although she hopped more people would show.

Gabriella Stanford of House Gryffindor

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Status: Hyped
                                                  Wearing: Purple & Grey

With: Club members...

OOC: ---

Such a perceptive young girl!
I do read minds, in fact, and in yours I read...
Ah! Youthful rebellion, a strong backbone and a loud mouth
Well then, that makes it easy.
Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:28 am
I'll do whatever I've got to
Ain't no limit to the things I do
'Cause I will fight for my survival.
It may be by the skin of my teeth
I may have to steal like a thief
But I will fight for my survival, yeah

M A D O C
R H Y D D E R C H
W A R L O W

gryffindor │ third year │ halfblood

Mad was just glad bloody Claude wouldn't be here. He'd apparently decided they were friends after one carriage ride. Luckily, the Slytherin didn't seem like the dueling type, so Mad was pleased to be rid of him for a day. He never shut up! He gave Gabby a stiff nod, since she was in his house, after all, before getting a form to fill out.

Madoc Warlow of House Gryffindor

OOC:
Username

I will overcome, and I refuse to run
I'm gonna fight for my survival, yeah
I've come too far to stop now
I'll make it through and I don't care how
So make no mistake, my friend
We both know how this will end

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items